Please allow me to introduce myself

Post audio files & youtube videos.
mistertroll

Please allow me to introduce myself

Post by mistertroll » August 10th, 2007, 5:49 pm

Hi, all. I'm Mr. Troll. Anyone from the old Fry St. Hippie crowd in Denton would remember me as Little Danny. LRod and I were acquainted back in the dark ages, and I googled him up the other day, found him and this little island.

I'm at www.myspace.com/mistertroll if anyone wants to know more. It'll take me a bit to learn my way around. I can also be found in the forums at www.Audio-Village.com. If I can work it, I'll put a clickable link here somewhere.

Anyhoos--pleased to make your acquaintances. Hope to meet some intelligent, talented people. Failing that, some like me will do...

edit:well, it says html is on, but it didn't work. Learning curve, learning curve...
Last edited by mistertroll on August 10th, 2007, 6:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Not just another pretty face...

[img]http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y275/mistertroll/arcsoftexperiment1a.jpg[/img]

Lightning Rod

Post by Lightning Rod » August 10th, 2007, 6:09 pm

welcome to the asylum, mr.troll

to post on these boards, it's best to use bb code although some html will work like the 'embed' tag that YouTube gives you.

here is a link to a primer on bb code:

http://studioeight.tv/phpbb/viewtopic.php?t=7802

Also here
http://www.studioeight.tv/phpbb/faq.php#21

also the buttons at the top of the posting window will bb code for you

I'm looking forward to your contributions
"These words don't make me a poet, these Eyes make me a poet."

The Poet's Eye

mistertroll

Post by mistertroll » August 10th, 2007, 6:30 pm

I knew that, but I've been able to use full html on the audio village forum and kind of blanked BBCode out. I'll get it all sorted...
Not just another pretty face...

[img]http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y275/mistertroll/arcsoftexperiment1a.jpg[/img]

Doreen Peri
Site Admin

Post by Doreen Peri » August 10th, 2007, 6:50 pm

Hiya mrtroll! Welcome to the Studio!

Which html code forums accept depends on how the site admins configure the board.

Here, I only have a few html codes enabled since the phpBB code seems to cover just about everything else. It's all what you get used to but I'm sure you'll get used to it here pretty quickly.

Here are the html codes which are configured to be accepted here

b, i, u, pre, center, object, param, embed, script

At first all I had was bold, italic, underline, and preformatted (even though phpBB code does those also) but I added the others so we can use the youtube embed code to post the actual youtube videos here, instead of just links to them.

phpBB code is really pretty simple, simpler than html. It's very similar, just uses [ ] brackets instead of < > brackets for the most part.

Looking forward to reading your posts, listening to your music, watching your youtube videos ... and all that! Hope you enjoy it here. It's a small community but we have fun anyway. lol

If you have any questions or need any help, pm me or email me.

____
(ps - when you open a posting window, there are several buttons up top which you can push to make BB code)

stilltrucking

Post by stilltrucking » August 13th, 2007, 7:43 am

Howdy and welcome aboard
Mr Troll said
Hope to meet some intelligent, talented people. Failing that, some like me will do...
"It is hard to be humble"

I am pretty ambivelent about musicians these days. Kind of like the way I feel about doctors. You all have so much power over me. I used to hero worship musicians. Now I try to be a bit more objective

Thanks for the music. I enjoyed reading your poem about the passing of a freind too. Enjoyed may be a poor word choice. Maybe I read it with sincere interest might describe my reaction to it more precisely.

Reminded me of my death bed vigil with my Rose Of San Antone

Disclaimer, I have no music in me and there fore no poetry either.

So don't let me encourage you :)

stilltrucking

Post by stilltrucking » August 13th, 2007, 5:11 pm

Maybe objective a poor word choice when I was talking about hero worship or being a fan.

No way I can be objective about music.

I can hardly hear it.

I susppose I should have said I discriminate more with musicians. Is the artist sometimes the manure from which his art grows? to speculate on something Nietzsche said about Richard Wagner.

I watched an interview with Ted Nugent on Texas Monthly Talks last month.

Arcadia

Post by Arcadia » August 13th, 2007, 7:24 pm

welcome Mr. Troll!!! another s-8 blonde, wow!!!
I wandered your sites a little:
. you have a sweet voice and your guitar sounds great!!
. 103.... mmm... you´re a bit hiperbolic
. and I understood the lyrics!!...(I guess I´m specializing in texan!)
. there are great human beings or something like that here, you´ll have a good time, don´t worry!!

Return to “Music, Spoken Word & Video”