"Your Song" by Elton John

Post audio files & youtube videos.
Steve Plonk

"Your Song" by Elton John

Post by Steve Plonk » October 13th, 2012, 5:01 pm

This song is dedicated to my loved ones...I can't think of a better song right now. Elton John's humble melody really says it... :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nAUb6_UE ... re=related

Steve Plonk

Re: "Your Song" by Elton John

Post by Steve Plonk » June 8th, 2013, 4:51 pm

TIme to refresh this tune, one of my favorites. Last night, one of the Riverbend Festival bands, "Almost Elton John" performed it wonderfully. :)

Michael

Post by Michael » June 22nd, 2013, 12:39 pm

Steve, I really love Taupin’s apologetic way of saying “I love you” to some fine lady – or significant other.

“I hope you don’t mind”…if I say…”how wonderful life is while you’re in the world.” I hope you don’t mind?

I sang this song to an old girlfriend: Old in that it was a long time ago and old in that I’m 63 and, well, I bet she’s close to that. When I sang that “I hope you don’t mind” part, she said, “You better say that.” I kind of thought that was a cool reaction.

It’s just so rewarding to find someone who can put music to your lyrics or to find someone who has written lyrics to which you can put music. Of course, Doreen has posted “It’s Not Clear To Me” several times, but her lyrics are so touching and it wasn’t real difficult for me to feel them enough to put music to them. So, here it is again.

Taupin and John had that kind of ongoing relationship.

There are two singers who had two periods of music, the first to which I was drawn and the second that were a bit too commercialized for me. Elton John is one and the other is Neil Diamond. Early John and early Diamond – fantastic! Later John and later Diamond – eh.

Thanks for steering us in the direction of this precious video.

To friendship,
Michael

Steve Plonk

Post by Steve Plonk » June 22nd, 2013, 10:22 pm

You're welcome, Michael. 8) Elton John & Taupin are great songsters. Just had to send it out there. Youtube is such a great tool for education, etc., & inspiration. :)

Return to “Music, Spoken Word & Video”