Bob Dylan once declared, “I’m listening to Billy Joe Shaver and I’m reading James Joyce.”

Post audio files & youtube videos.
stilltrucking

Bob Dylan once declared, “I’m listening to Billy Joe Shaver and I’m reading James Joyce.”

Post by stilltrucking » October 30th, 2020, 4:11 am

I'm listening to Billy Joe Shaver
And I'm reading James Joyce
Some people they tell me
I've got the blood of the land in my voice
https://www.songfacts.com/blog/intervie ... joe-shaver

saw

Re: Bob Dylan once declared, “I’m listening to Billy Joe Shaver and I’m reading James Joyce.”

Post by saw » November 2nd, 2020, 11:06 am

wonderful interview...thanx for posting...i saw he passed.....there is usually a complex story behind good songwriting... 8)
If you do not change your direction
you may end up where you are heading

stilltrucking

Re: Bob Dylan once declared, “I’m listening to Billy Joe Shaver and I’m reading James Joyce.”

Post by stilltrucking » November 9th, 2020, 10:56 am

Back during your years in "The Keys" I was on the run from the consequences of spider love a lonesome traveler in constant sorrow.
I was watching him on stage at a honkytonk in Nashville(1973?), he paused the music, stared into the wild eyes of a long haired bushy bearded hippie in the audience, and said to me: "I'm working for the Lord, who are you working for"?
https://youtu.be/psvV10pohMw?t=185

stilltrucking

Post by stilltrucking » November 12th, 2020, 6:23 pm

Father and son! I have watched that video 15 maybe 20 x , I study on the facial expressions between them their reactions to what is being said...also Billy Joe's reaction (the Nod) to his son's solo when he asked him to praise the Lord. Billy Joe believed in music 8) but his son was not satisfied with just music, blessings of his gift. He needed more I suppose. So is doa heroin overdose :(

Return to “Music, Spoken Word & Video”