Talk to me about music

Post audio files & youtube videos.
velveteenjimmy

music yes!

Post by velveteenjimmy » September 7th, 2004, 1:59 pm

Yup, Bass and guitar.
Play in Velveteen.... I write about a third to half of the music
-want to be famous or at least be able to share my ideas on a large level
-I would have loved to play in Blind Melon and had a chance to influence the rest of the members.
-I would also really wish i had a chance to play with and know Elliot -Smith. I love his music and lyrics. I think he is my all time favorite.
-I want to live on a tour bus!!!!!!!!!

I'm here so snatch me up.
I'm a very solid original bass player.

Lightning Rod

Post by Lightning Rod » September 7th, 2004, 2:16 pm

hey velveteen, welcome.

as a bass player are you more like Paul McCartney or Jaco Patorias or Mingus?

I'm always looking for a good bass player.
"These words don't make me a poet, these Eyes make me a poet."

The Poet's Eye

Toerag

I Play a Tad

Post by Toerag » September 8th, 2004, 7:10 am

Been pickin' a guitar since I was....well, over 40 years.....have too many guitars to count...mostly collect them now-a-days...I piddle at the fiddle, claw hammer a banjo a bit, and can play some "boojie-woojie" (as LongJohn Baldry would say) on the piano.....Used to be in a rock band as a teen...then traveled with some major rock bands....mostly for the drugs, women and parties.....I can play pretty much any kind of music on the guitar, favorite being flamenco now...which isn't often....like blues the best to listen to....(smack-smirnoff and blues used to be my favorite pass time).....Now I rarely listen to the radio...can't stand RAP or most of the popular music today....some country isn't bad but most sucks....did yall see ZZ Tops and Brooks and Dunn on Crossroads?...That was interesting to say the least...want to learn to suck a harmonica like it was a snatch on Britney Spears..

Doreen Peri
Site Admin

Post by Doreen Peri » September 8th, 2004, 12:06 pm

hey Toe!

it would be great if you could post a story or two about the old days when you hung out with some of those great rock bands like allman bros.... and if you have some photos from those days, could you post them, too? you sent me some at one time... it's very cool... people love to hear stories like that! :D couldya do it? purty please with sugar on top? ;)

velveteenjimmy

Paul with and a blend of jazz funk/blues

Post by velveteenjimmy » September 13th, 2004, 11:41 pm

I hear I sound similar to Paul at times, but I have my own ideas. I learned bass because my dad played bass, but I found my own style through others. The Beatles are infact my fav band so I'm sure that plays a part. I also love GFR and James Gang.

Jimmy

p.s.
Do you know Andy from the Fountainheads website?

Lightning Rod

Post by Lightning Rod » September 13th, 2004, 11:49 pm

V-J,

yes, I know Andy. He publishes my column.

why don't you make some links to your music here?

I listened to some of your velveteen cuts. Great stuff.

I love ska.

Have you ever heard of a band called Cosmic Chimp?
"These words don't make me a poet, these Eyes make me a poet."

The Poet's Eye

frollostone

Post by frollostone » September 25th, 2004, 1:59 am

I wish that I could sing in a terrific voice of profound depth and recklessness - oh, and in tune. In tune would be nice. In tune would be very very nice indeed. Most of my friends can sing but I limit myself to making a whispery grinding noise in the background. If I could sing and play the dombur I'd cover an old Khirghizian song called 'Ak Manday.' I have no idea what the words mean but it's as catchy as hell.

Return to “Music, Spoken Word & Video”