Alice Cooper is a solid Republican

Post audio files & youtube videos.
Lightning Rod

Alice Cooper is a solid Republican

Post by Lightning Rod » August 26th, 2004, 12:22 pm

http://worldnetdaily.com/news/article.a ... E_ID=40127

it seems that Alice Cooper is calling some of his fellow rockers morons for playing to defeat Bush--artists like James Taylor, Bruce Springsteen, Sheryl Crow, Dave Mathews, John Mellencamp etc

Cooper objects to connecting music and politics. I don't see how you can separate the two.

His little story about trying to get out of his parents' political discussions by listening to The Rolling Stones was a bit absurd. How can you get any more political than "Steet Fightin' Man?" or even "Satisfaction?"
"These words don't make me a poet, these Eyes make me a poet."

The Poet's Eye

mtmynd

alice

Post by mtmynd » August 27th, 2004, 4:48 pm

i had a difficult time getting behind a man named "alice".. altho he put on a unique live show going by clips I've seen now and then.

His big hit, "School's out for EVER".. that turned me off, but I must admit I did fall prey to screamiing out that chorus more than once, but the idea that an older fellow was himself screaming about "school's out for EVER" left me kinda indifferent toward his music.

Given that long winded prelude, you mix that song with politics and it further convinces me that friggin 'alice' is a light weight... and his own politics pretty much follows.

[does that make any sense..?]

e_dog

Post by e_dog » September 3rd, 2004, 6:13 pm

and to think! i had thought that Cooper's tune "Feed My Frankenstein" was a bold critique of multinational capitalism!
I don't think 'Therefore, I am.' Therefore, I am.

Return to “Music, Spoken Word & Video”