Radio Killer

Post audio files & youtube videos.
Artguy

Radio Killer

Post by Artguy » October 16th, 2004, 11:19 am

Back in those crazed dazed and confused 70's there were bands that i deplored, mostly because radio played them ad infinitum, i.e. The Eagles, Supertramp, and Fleetwood Mac.......but egads.....now I find myself very attracted to their tunes.....right now I am listening to A Fool's Overture by Supertramp and loving it .....so layered with rythmic and lyrical texture...........and it rocks.

mnaz

Post by mnaz » November 17th, 2004, 1:12 pm

I still like a couple of old Supertramp tunes, like 'Bloody Well Right', and 'School'...... They were a skilled, inventive band, but a little goes a long way.....

Everybody still raves about Led Zep. I'm there with them on a few tunes, but mostly I never saw what the monumental fuss was about....

actually, I listened to a lot more funk than radio rock in the '70s....
a Parliafunkadelicment thang.... That was all good until The Funk caught the deadly disco virus, and it was all over.

knip

Post by knip » November 19th, 2004, 2:02 pm

i despised the eagles in the 70s...and still don't like them all that much...i've learned to appreciate fleetwood mac...led zep has lost some of their allure, but not all of it...the stones just sucked by the time the 70s ended...nothing beats the raw energy of the first clash album, which is as fresh today as it ever was...same goes for ramones early album, talking heads, all the guys i was listening to in the last 4 years or so of the 70s, although devo seems kind of stupid to me now

i pretty much only listen to the stuff that has stayed with me throughout the years anymore...dylan, dead, van, early stones, a bit of beatles, clash, ramones, assorted other stuff...but have been listening to daniel lanois a lot lately

Return to “Music, Spoken Word & Video”