back on guitar...........

Post audio files & youtube videos.
WIREMAN

back on guitar...........

Post by WIREMAN » November 10th, 2004, 8:17 am

......well as if I don't have enough instruments.....now I went and bought a new electric guitar and amp(after a 3 year hiatus into the realm of percussion)......I also have my new Riyaz electronic Table going and it's fast becoming my good friend, in fact it does what I tell it to do and does'nt give me any lip.....it's agreat practice tool for me......I can jam with all my exotic instruments and have a blast the sound is surprisingly authentic.....how do any of you other musicians feel about electronic accompaniment? I'm finding it to be a great tool for practice so far.......wired

Marksman45

Post by Marksman45 » November 10th, 2004, 8:45 pm

A great deal of the music on the first Dream & Shadow Huntsman Group album was just midi orchestrations, usually the working file in which I composed the song. Only two songs had real percussion.

On the new one I'm working on, I'm not letting myself use any midi sequences, everything has to actually be *performed*. However, this ain't stoppin' me from using a synthesizer, even on a track where everything else is acoustic.

I'm also a fan of instruments that aren't supposed to be instruments

knip

Post by knip » November 12th, 2004, 2:50 am

yup

make music with all of it mark

me, i was stuck on open d for a long time...in the gulf i'd lock my door 6-7 pm every night and play...the crew knew not to bug me in my private guitar time...then 7 pm came and i was off on nightly habitability rounds

i was a pussycat after an hour of open d

trying to sync with the mandolin right now

Return to “Music, Spoken Word & Video”