Think about thinking about nothing.

Prose, including snippets (mini-memoirs).
Doreen Peri
Site Admin

Think about thinking about nothing.

Post by Doreen Peri » November 16th, 2011, 7:07 pm

I thought deep thought was the best type of thought until I decided not to think about anything at all, thinking that not thinking about anything at all would be the best type of thought in order to clear my mind so it would be open it to creative ideas but the more I thought about it, the more I realized that it was impossible to not think of anything at all which plumeted me into deep thought and made me realize I was right to begin with, that deep thought was the best type of thought and many creative ideas kept rushing in. Have you ever thought about anything like this? No? I don't blame you. I think thinking about it all is the the most difficult type of thought you can have because it becomes cyclical and confusing. I think so, anyway. Think about thinking about nothing at all for a while. I bet you can't.

dp.11/16/11

stilltrucking

Re: Think about thinking about nothing.

Post by stilltrucking » November 16th, 2011, 9:03 pm

I think there have been moments, glimpses, of thinking nothing, but it is so fleeting, rarely do I experience nothing, it was really something when I was thinking nothing, I remember that much, it was not boring at all. 8)

I like what my brother says when someone asks him what he thinks. He usually says , "I think as little as possible"

Lani

Post by Lani » November 27th, 2011, 7:33 pm

I think that would be the definition of meditation... clearing the mind of all thought and it is the hardest thing to do! Our minds are not programmed to be blank slates- takes alot of work and self control to get there- but will bring gifts of insight- beyond thought. Knowing? Maybe...
Be still and know I am God...

Steve Plonk

Post by Steve Plonk » December 4th, 2011, 5:32 pm

Yeah, thinking about "zilch" is fun, so let's listen the
ultimate song about nothing...Especially when you've reached the "saturation point". See link: http://studioeight.tv/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=66&t=20383

Return to “Stories & Essays”