Right Livlihood (drafting)

Prose, including snippets (mini-memoirs).
tinkerjack

Right Livlihood (drafting)

Post by tinkerjack » January 23rd, 2010, 8:10 am

I worked the phones for the Rosewater Foundation last night. Taking donations for the big TV show last night "Nope for Maybe"
"something like that."

It was a long hard day I must have put in a solid four hours of work during my 17 hour workday. I was doing fine till my ass started to drag around mid night and I decided to have a spot of tea for a pick me up. A bad mistake. Before I got high I had no problem accepting peoples thanks for the wonderful work I was doing. But after the tea I started to get uncomfortable with being just a hired hand and not a noble volunteer working for nothing.

One interesting call. Fellow wanted to speak to one of the celebrities on air. He said he was going to donate a lot of money but he wanted to do it on air.

I got no way to do that. I tried to make him understand he kept saying he was going to donate "big money" and demanded to speak to my supervisor. I tried to tell him we were very busy and he was taking up a lot of my time and won't you please make a donation. Because in the time I have spent talking to you about this I could have taken ten small donations. His big money was going to be 500 or a thousand. I could have taken in a thousand dollars in small donations during the time he jacked me around.

That is when I started to drag my ass and after that I was no good because I wanted to beg people to please don't thank me. It made feel like such a schnook. Also it was a waste of good tea too. I would rather have waited another half hour to two and smoked later and sit here now and type like I am holding the wheel of a truck blasting through the night sky in New Mexico right here in this text box now.
And fighting sleep for some reason. Flash back white freight-liner blues

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/sSWjOoXS-Pk&hl ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/sSWjOoXS-Pk&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>
free rice

I used to be smart

what me worry?

Post by what me worry? » February 9th, 2010, 2:12 pm

:? did he pledge by check?
sounds like a dark customer
i wouldna trust him
[color=brown]I'm not a complete idiot! :roll: There's more than one way not to skin a cat :)[/color]

Doreen Peri
Site Admin

Post by Doreen Peri » February 9th, 2010, 2:51 pm

It was a long hard day I must have put in a solid four hours of work during my 17 hour workday.
LOL! :shock: :lol:

I love that.

Return to “Stories & Essays”