Atoms, Pixels, God, Infinity, Timepieces and Mobius Strips.

Prose, including snippets (mini-memoirs).
Doreen Peri
Site Admin

Atoms, Pixels, God, Infinity, Timepieces and Mobius Strips.

Post by Doreen Peri » November 12th, 2010, 7:47 pm

Recently, I was asked the question, "Is the universe infinite?" I'm sure I was asked because of my expertise on the topic so I will share my answer in case any of you are wondering what the facts are. Please note that these are just scientific observations without definite conclusions. Conclusions are drawn infinitely. They continually change.

So to answer the question, "Is the universe infinite?", I replied with the following:

God is an atom. God is a pixel. The definition of infinity is a sleepless night when your neighbor's dog won't shut the heck up and given the fact that dog is god spelled backward, perhaps this observation is significant. Arf arf arf. Forever.

Of course, the word ARF is also an anagram of FAR. And FAR, (though a very short word), is also an extremely long word because it's a comparison measurement compared to NEAR. Nearly as far as I can tell, all that exists has always existed but is in perpetual change. There was no beginning. There is no end. Eight is the symbol for infinity sideways. So if you really want to uncover the meaning of infinity, it's much easier to study the figure 8. It goes on forever just like a mobius strip and is easier to study than the symbol for infinity which, unfortunately, is lying down taking a rest because it's been around for so damn long.

The galaxy is one big atom. The atom is one small galaxy. It's all the same, yet different. I've been calculating the diameter of a quark. In addition, I've been doing space-time continuum experiments on Einstein's behalf. He hired me to do the experiments many years ago before he died when he met me in the future. He paid me in watches. Timepieces. Clocks. I have them stored somewhere in the basement. Still, they continue to click as if nothing has happened since but it has. Though, it's quite clear, that time itself is immeasurable.

In order to determine whether the universe is infinite, I suggest running backwards every day about 2 miles. Walking works, too, but running backwards is faster. When you do that, you'll become attached to the mobius strip of time itself and end up back where you started in the future before you ever got here. You were probably Atom in the garden of Even. Atom and Even. It's very simple really.

And so, the answer to the question, "Is the universe infinite?", is definitely yes. And no. And maybe. All depending on when you started but since you started prior to the beginning anyway since there is no beginning and will end up on the other side of time at the end of the end, though there really is no end at all, I'll see you last year and we'll discuss it. The next time I see you after that will be before we were both born.

Lightning Rod

Re: Atoms, Pixels, God, Infinity, Timepieces and Mobius Stri

Post by Lightning Rod » November 12th, 2010, 10:07 pm

circular cosmology worthy of Gracie Allen
you should enter this in The Poet's Eye Satire Shootout :D
"These words don't make me a poet, these Eyes make me a poet."

The Poet's Eye

Doreen Peri
Site Admin

Post by Doreen Peri » November 12th, 2010, 10:47 pm

Is it satire? No kidding! Pretty darn cool!
*gracie bows*

OK... you're on!

How do I enter?

(Thanks very much!... and sorry I haven't written back from the last time you wrote... I got caught up in the cosmos or sumthin') ;)

Hope you're doing well!

Steve Plonk

Post by Steve Plonk » November 17th, 2010, 12:51 pm

Yes, it appears that time occasionally turns into itself. We all can see the
humor in it. Time can speed like a rocket or crawl like a worm. It's all
in the perception of it. Yet, "real time" is being measured even as we type.
I, too, think God exists outside time or space, yet, paradoxically is right beside you and "at your elbow" --as my paternal grandma used to say. 8)

Doreen, love your theme and title! :idea:

mckaywiii

Post by mckaywiii » November 28th, 2010, 7:47 am

Arf, arf. Hi Doreen, I said Hi on Facebook earlier. I really miss this community!
I HAD another login name. "wannabeguru" I think. not sure which e-mail
(I have several(s)!) That was with. SO i just reregistered so I could say Hi! And this: Arf, arf, arf; probably ain't the right place either,,, But it was QUICK! and I got to say Hi HI hi... bye for now

mnaz

Post by mnaz » November 28th, 2010, 8:09 am

Doreen, this is really quite good. the universe is like the desert. you're always halfway up or down some road, stuck in the middle of a riddle of infinitude. or something like that...

zero_hero

Post by zero_hero » November 28th, 2010, 10:28 am

George Burns knew he was the dummy in the act. he always gave her credit for her brilliance.

Doreen sounds like you been channeling uncle Albert. Or maybe your dad, blessed be his memory.
Free Rice

"the lesson is... if you want it? keep a copy of it." Doreen Peri

.Lucy.

Post by .Lucy. » November 30th, 2010, 7:52 pm

You kicked Time in the ass
and it keeps on ticking!
The road to happiness: Perseverance, Endurance and a whole lot of Hope.

Return to “Stories & Essays”