she asked

Prose, including snippets (mini-memoirs).
creativesoul

she asked

Post by creativesoul » October 20th, 2012, 11:33 am

well what if... i could only stare off =
i answered finally
sometimes, looking back it is as if, i tried to breathe life into certain people- i loved them, i did- but they had choices, as i did-
mrs lewis was an old lady that lived on 26th avenue in venice= she asked me in her yard- 'honey, do you think you could build a fire in my house in the morning, and make me cowboy coffee?'
i said 'sure'
i had no idea what she was really asking
there were ceramic dolls and a collection of a lifetime,all around, poetry and stories- oh the priceless stories- of early venice california days, and fasting in palm springs- she was a young whippersnapper then, and happy to share about that empty vastness of palm springs...i was acutely observant of her every gesture-
i made that cowboy coffee and listened to her implicitly.
one day my grandmother came by and she had her usual matching pocketbook and shoes and lunchoen outfit on, and i said' granny, ya gotta meet this lady'
so she indulged me and went with me to see ms lewis s house one half a block from my house.
they met- the two deepest connections i had to older women i admired had tea together.

the next morning i went to make the cowboy coffee and build the fire in her fireplace as usual, and she sat in her usual chair, and said to me' what is the thing you do not like the most about your grandmother?"
i got defensive, i did not want to think about what i did not like ,about the one person that had been there for me, i looked sad and like a child, and said' i love my grandma'
she laughed and said' she is vey materialistic, and you are very spiritual'
other than a few spiritual experiences before that i didnt think i was much-
i smiled and said 'thank you' thinking maybe she had gone mad, but we continued our conversations, about herbal medicines and the future and my children who were at a school in marina del ray.
the days went by and one morning when i arrived she said' can you give me a shower?"
i had never bathed an old person before, and she had a shower not a bathtub-
but i said yes
i had to help her walk to the shower, her life force was wavering- her feet were so old, and i was so afraid she was going to fall- but we pulled it off without disaster-
the next day she was in bed and couldnt get out without help- i asked her' do you think we should call your family?"
she gave me the numbers... i called.. they came from carmel, and when she was leaving her body - they were there= but i couldnt go- i could not bare losing her....
the family took me to lunch, in some fancy resturant, and they had that keen eyes of the hidden people- those deep penetrating eyes
they said' yes she is one of us
i said 'what do you mean?"
they said ' you are one that has gifts'
i wonder sometimes
about ms lewis, granny or virgina roberts and her daughter being reunited in the afterworld and setting those ashes in the river.. i wonder about life and death and gordon and just how love seems to walk accross the stars..i never knew what they meant until this very morning... when the sun touches my soul and they are all watching over me- heart and soul-
Last edited by creativesoul on December 21st, 2013, 6:20 pm, edited 2 times in total.
reason is over rated, as is logic and common sense-i much prefer the passions of a crazy old woman, cats and dogs and jungle foliage- tropic rain-and a defined sense of who brings the stars up at night and the sun up in the morning---

SadLuckDame

Re: she asked

Post by SadLuckDame » October 21st, 2012, 12:48 am

What a treat.
Thank you.
`Do you know, I was so angry, Kitty,' Alice went on...`when I saw all the mischief you had been doing, I was very nearly opening the window, and putting you out into the snow! And you'd have deserved it, you
little mischievous darling!
~Lewis Carroll

dadio

Post by dadio » November 16th, 2012, 4:17 am

I'd like more of these, please. 8)

creativesoul

Post by creativesoul » November 16th, 2012, 11:05 am

wow-- i had forgotten about this one- i guess i had better start some writing again- i need to get organized with these writings-THANK YOU
reason is over rated, as is logic and common sense-i much prefer the passions of a crazy old woman, cats and dogs and jungle foliage- tropic rain-and a defined sense of who brings the stars up at night and the sun up in the morning---

creativesoul

Post by creativesoul » December 14th, 2013, 8:17 pm

the stream of thoughts barged in thru the saloon doors of an alcoholic mind- there were gunshots-the whole crew slid into town- all talking and acting foolish- they had seen what she had seen-

dadio

Post by dadio » December 20th, 2013, 4:06 am

A unique soul with a unique writing technique. Fine prose poem. 8)

creativesoul

Post by creativesoul » December 25th, 2013, 5:06 pm

Thank you

Return to “Stories & Essays”