The Were-Animal Basis of Poetry

Prose, including snippets (mini-memoirs).
the mingo

The Were-Animal Basis of Poetry

Post by the mingo » November 19th, 2013, 9:53 am

http://donsmaps.com/clickphotos/sorcerer.jpg

Oldest legend or spiritual myth? the were-animal of course - from hunter gatherer time - long before the farmers - long before any heavy metal came along or was thought of - man/animal or animal/man - still the oldest evidence of spiritual urge/nature took this form first - a creation in the form of a creature that, most importantly, could cross between worlds - between the natural world and the supernatural one - a living breathing bridge - the were-animal is the primary common basis for all the religions of man which makes of the Christ the greatest warrior that ever strode the surface of this planet - ever notice that most of the artistic depictions of Christ place a beard on his face? - not in historical context at all - the men of Jesus's time were typically clean-shaven - the beard is added to denote the were-animal aspect - think i'm loading on you? well then get your google on and check out the images taken from cave paintings nick-named the "Sorcerer" - the half man-animal is drawn with a beard - the first poets created the first were-animal - for life ya see - the first poets then sunk their roots into their creation and began to feed on it which gave them back the life they had given it - with this difference - this new life had new powers -fur & strong fangs & teeth & claws and eyes that could see in the dark and a nose could smell things over the horizon - and the first poets then became meateaters that could walk upright or run on all fours - these new poets - these true were-animals, were created strong & untainted - too strong to ever suffer the feminization of evolutionary thought and they remain strong to this day - because the first poets could not contain their creation yet still wished to preserve it & send it on into the future they all came together in one place at one time and exploded simultaneously - and the were-animal/poets of present day are the evidence that the particles that came from that shamanic big bang are yet in motion.
Doll, you may have found a place of rest but I'm still on the trail.

Steve Plonk

Re: The Were-Animal Basis of Poetry

Post by Steve Plonk » November 19th, 2013, 1:14 pm

A strange & thought provoking essay about origins of poetry. :) 8)

the mingo

Post by the mingo » November 19th, 2013, 2:15 pm

Thx, Steve 8)

WIREMAN

Post by WIREMAN » November 19th, 2013, 9:18 pm

I gots my beard and I ain't gonna shave it....nice read mingo.....
me I feel like I'm becoming some kinda Kung fu t.v. Priest.....

the mingo

Post by the mingo » November 20th, 2013, 5:57 am

Thx Wireman

creativesoul

Post by creativesoul » November 24th, 2013, 6:02 pm

i dunno- if we were animals or if we still are- or if under all the skin bones and fur if we are not all the same- poetry seems like the anaima inside us all- that piece that just has to be told- shown off- it s skirts lifted-inertia- is wrose-
all the wild things want to share - speak out- have a voice- poetry came from AKWARD MOMENTS - and speaking in broken phrases like a cave person-
it was like music
in a way
reason is over rated, as is logic and common sense-i much prefer the passions of a crazy old woman, cats and dogs and jungle foliage- tropic rain-and a defined sense of who brings the stars up at night and the sun up in the morning---

Return to “Stories & Essays”