mary kenney

Prose, including snippets (mini-memoirs).
creativesoul

mary kenney

Post by creativesoul » November 26th, 2013, 4:10 pm

mr g loved his mother- i saw a movie after he died of her pink mustang he used to talk about-he used to check on her = she lived 92 years and ruth- the toughest nut to crack- in the bunch was her final caregiver-until now- she is taking her to the nut ward- my niece wants to take care of her- and ruth shut her down- ruth was real good at that- i dream of her putting centipedes thru the wall-
she is not my kind of animal
the woman had nine children- where are they now?
reason is over rated, as is logic and common sense-i much prefer the passions of a crazy old woman, cats and dogs and jungle foliage- tropic rain-and a defined sense of who brings the stars up at night and the sun up in the morning---

dadio

Re: mary kenney

Post by dadio » November 27th, 2013, 6:40 am

No one tells it like you do. Told well 8)

creativesoul

Re: mary kenney

Post by creativesoul » November 27th, 2013, 7:54 am

hey dadio- that by the way - is a nickname i have for my father- now re-named 'poppy' as old age dawns on us all-however- this is so not done- i want to write about how when she had those nine children- they used to driver her crazy- clearly- she was cathloic- whatever- anyway- she used to take off in her station wagen and park it somewhere and do noveellas- and back then- i guess when you are losing your mind- readers digest? i dunno- but that was back when los angeles and the valley had oranges in the front yard-mary lou used to take all the kids surfing- it was a surf family-- there is much to this story
reason is over rated, as is logic and common sense-i much prefer the passions of a crazy old woman, cats and dogs and jungle foliage- tropic rain-and a defined sense of who brings the stars up at night and the sun up in the morning---

Return to “Stories & Essays”