madness=

Prose, including snippets (mini-memoirs).
creativesoul

madness=

Post by creativesoul » December 21st, 2013, 3:00 pm

i wonder at how wonderful fritos for breakfast can be- i ordered almonds and pears for the house - from an on line place- i have hidden away from christmas- avoided any emotions that may cause problems-either now- or in the future- like a drawbridge over the moat i refuse to let anyone in- i have spent a fortune trying to stay alive- eating health foods and switching diets due to allergies- the on set of old age- i think of all that erotic cheese and wine in the 80 s in italy- in love--- accurate- precise- that small sliver of sadness comes dressed up in a red and white suit = with his white Beard AND Aall that crap about his ho s === and his big digusting belly- demmanding that i take notice of some absurd plastic santas on the roof and inflatable snowmen- i say- TARGET PRACTICE-some of the houses are beautifully lit- but i think of places where people do not even have electricity and food and i look at the way we talk about conserving power and energy is in conversation only- because it is action- that causes re-action-
look at fern on kauai getting it done with the GMO and getting rid of the pesticisides - on kauai- preserving the 'ina'===the bill has passed- all over the world there has been a chain re-action-
one of those on line mediiation courses suggests visualizing what you want in your life- i am doin it-!no santa claus here- just good ole fashioned manifestation- pas tthe temptaion of what you do not need-
so many things clutter the spirit- make it harder to breathe and move around-
i met her on the beach one day on the north shore of kauai- she told me about the protest she was planning-she said they needed 10,000 people at city hall- and it happened- history-
i like that- but what is real? was it the bean burger i had-? the organic veggies? the listening to all the people i meet-?
quiet- it helps- and nothing hurts when there is peace
reason is over rated, as is logic and common sense-i much prefer the passions of a crazy old woman, cats and dogs and jungle foliage- tropic rain-and a defined sense of who brings the stars up at night and the sun up in the morning---

mnaz

Re: madness=

Post by mnaz » December 30th, 2013, 10:41 pm

--- "...all that crap about his ho s === and his big digusting belly ... "

haha. good one.

some good thoughts here. Some of that GMO stuff is quite disturbing.

creativesoul

Post by creativesoul » December 30th, 2013, 11:13 pm

it is- because we- kauai ppl have been breathing that stuff in for years- but the real problems with birth defects and things like that = it is knarly-
we won though-
made a world wide stance
worth a dance id say
reason is over rated, as is logic and common sense-i much prefer the passions of a crazy old woman, cats and dogs and jungle foliage- tropic rain-and a defined sense of who brings the stars up at night and the sun up in the morning---

dadio

Post by dadio » December 31st, 2013, 10:28 am

I love your work. Unique, real, hard hitting. This too.

creativesoul

Post by creativesoul » December 31st, 2013, 5:10 pm

No one ever talks about death and drugs on Kauai- they drove off a cliff and drowned- no mention of alcohol-- some of those old surfers have skin like leather and smell faintly of sea salt and beer. The compassion displayed outwardly is not really coupled with any kind of reality-, but once this woman said to me when I was much younger- Kauai will give you everything and break your heart-
She said " there is a lot of sadness on Kauai"
I thought she was a bit nuts- who she married kind of tells all-so many Hawaiians fall for the " easy money " with drugs and smuggling- halava prison has seen many hawaiian people-as Chinese- Japanese - Korean - phillipino-

Return to “Stories & Essays”