story

Prose, including snippets (mini-memoirs).
creativesoul

story

Post by creativesoul » December 22nd, 2013, 8:46 pm

back then mr g had already died and the island was business as usual- the pizza parlor in ching young was just yawning- but i was gonna tell ya a story-
there was this woman and she was pretty crazy - but not as crazy as a few others- her husband had fallen off a second story building on his head, and broke his back and neck- but not before coming to the sunday evening bonfire meeting drunk saying his wife was bi-polar blah blah blah-
so he comes back to the island and i tell him ill help him if he doesnt drink- yeah sure- well that lasted three days-
then he proceeds to do the smack attack - at which point i hadda run- while Art Attack was yelling at objects-
i wish when i met his wife that i didnt feel for her- what i realised while helping my friend was that he HATED women and that hIS mother would smother him if she could- when i was married to mr g he used to come around supper time and we would fix him a plate-

his wife woould not shut up one day and i finally said 'can you sing?'
yeah well sing something
she choose 'trouble'- she sang it to hanalei bay
i wish that by singing that song it would make it go away
for her i reckon- it did not though-
way back when there was still aloha - people offered Sodas- i did, food - sharing everything- when i went back= i didnt see that kind of ALOHA- i saw a mean spirited people- not all of them hawaiian claiming that they were protecting the ina- but really it was shoulder to shoulder thug life tough guy crap-
it kind of makes it ok to back people off the bridge- and yell slow down-
i dunno- maybe - i had it all wrong-
but when bobo ham young died right after his mother- the flower farmer and old ohana style- with tyson and chanelle all there at the second house on the left- and the treehouse with josee-all memories now-because i have to keep the sweetness for the island in my heart
WHEN PEOPLE NEEDED SOMETHING- I ALWAYS TRIED TO HELP- BUT - NOW I AM SEEING A MONEY GRUBBING WORLD AND A CREW OF PEOPLE CARRYING THE REFRIDGERATOR TO THE BEACH PARK AND MOVING OUT ON TUESDAY WHEN THE PARK gets cleaned up-friends of mine taking cans out of the garbage for gasoline- talking old time story while doing it with a smile on their face- kalalau has a bunch of people convinced they know what it is- that way out there is the only important thing-
i was shocked in many ways- and i was healing- every place i went it was as if the geography was an asset to the muscles i needed to work- crawling in the sand- why did i want to go to rock quarry?
my kids used to go there- i once had a magical day there- but there is sewage in that river now- all kinds of ecavation going on up there-silt going out to the reef- chem trails in the sky- what happened to my paradise?
the toxic spraying got to me back in 1998- when i relaized the whole thing about certified organic- that means no one has sprayed there ever- and i wasnt going to find land there that was not sprayed- FERN AND THE GMO thing passing the bill with dustin barca- another kid that used to jump on my furniture- it was well worth it
reason is over rated, as is logic and common sense-i much prefer the passions of a crazy old woman, cats and dogs and jungle foliage- tropic rain-and a defined sense of who brings the stars up at night and the sun up in the morning---

Ehsan270

Re: story

Post by Ehsan270 » December 27th, 2013, 2:57 am

I am very happy for reading this great information.

dadio

Post by dadio » December 31st, 2013, 10:30 am

If I had all the works in the darn world to read on a desert island, I'd still want to have a copy of your book at hand to keep me sane. 8)

creativesoul

Post by creativesoul » December 31st, 2013, 12:07 pm

that is the nicest thing - that you have said- i truly appreciate that- wish you would help me with my book!!1 lol
reason is over rated, as is logic and common sense-i much prefer the passions of a crazy old woman, cats and dogs and jungle foliage- tropic rain-and a defined sense of who brings the stars up at night and the sun up in the morning---

creativesoul

Post by creativesoul » December 31st, 2013, 9:36 pm

ah yes- my first painting sold- and i am waiting for this new year to kick in
Attachments
Photo on 2012-07-28 at 20.55 #2.jpg
Photo on 2012-07-28 at 20.55 #2.jpg (43.43 KiB) Viewed 1618 times

creativesoul

Post by creativesoul » February 20th, 2014, 1:45 pm

Got my ticket- looks like I might be going to Kauai- deliver the painting- hold some babies- jump in the ocean- check out the crusty people - at the n a and a a meetings- feel my heart- safe

stilltrucking

Post by stilltrucking » February 20th, 2014, 2:21 pm

I would like to have a copy of your book too, also dadio's but I think I missed it.

I have tried to start a Studio Eight Book shelf, so far I have have five books on it that have been published by people on studio eight

Happy landings

creativesoul

Post by creativesoul » February 20th, 2014, 3:11 pm

After the portfolio of paintings- I promise- that I will publish- in some ways- commitment is a one at a time thing- although if I wasn't a serial monogamist - it could be more fun- going to get sage-

Return to “Stories & Essays”