gray

Prose, including snippets (mini-memoirs).
creativesoul

gray

Post by creativesoul » January 27th, 2014, 10:08 pm

when i was a kid, my mother had a t-bird convertable- that thing was sick- practicly flew between los angeles and palm springs in that thing- i used to lay in the back seat and look up at the stars-
radio blaring
these days i am looking up at the stars = with my red blanket worn around the house like some holy sacred item=
lately it seems that a ghost of the past was visiting=
when things like this happen i think
' sons , i am sorry i could not stop eating pepper jack cheese-and greasy burgers- early check out for mom'
laughing- i drive the same fifty miles towards 'home' and the same 50 going to portland-
inspiring isnt it?i think that maybe the cuckko clock has gone off on the wall= and i just want to sleep after another handful of anti-biotics
sickness changes everything- the weather- the ability to function and sometimes about who i used to know- way back when i went from zero to sixty in 3 seconds- all mixed up in color and old photos in my mind- i make an effort to swim away from that- chaotic feeling- sick likes to mess with your mind= thinking that it would be real nice to sleep and dream in a better light-this is eeerie- like traveling in tunnels that look like the inside of the body

i think about love, and fracking, and i think about old husbands and the kind of guy i want to sleep with now-
being sick is a hobby on days like this-trying to keep it interesting- vitamins- beautiful eggies- make it feel better please- and really now- is my every word going to be shot down- cuz im over it
Last edited by creativesoul on January 31st, 2014, 8:40 pm, edited 2 times in total.
reason is over rated, as is logic and common sense-i much prefer the passions of a crazy old woman, cats and dogs and jungle foliage- tropic rain-and a defined sense of who brings the stars up at night and the sun up in the morning---

the mingo

Re: rolling on down the road

Post by the mingo » January 29th, 2014, 2:27 pm

sick as a hobby - well, there's a brand new thought -
Doll, you may have found a place of rest but I'm still on the trail.

creativesoul

Post by creativesoul » January 29th, 2014, 3:04 pm

you have to do something to make it interesting- cook- clean, sleep- bathe-even the art of thinking- but i am in no place to even be a friend right now- because im overly sensative and would take anyone s shit out right now for being an asshole-
Last edited by creativesoul on January 29th, 2014, 8:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
reason is over rated, as is logic and common sense-i much prefer the passions of a crazy old woman, cats and dogs and jungle foliage- tropic rain-and a defined sense of who brings the stars up at night and the sun up in the morning---

the mingo

Post by the mingo » January 29th, 2014, 8:17 pm

8)
Doll, you may have found a place of rest but I'm still on the trail.

Return to “Stories & Essays”