Josie

Prose, including snippets (mini-memoirs).
the mingo

Josie

Post by the mingo » July 4th, 2014, 3:21 pm

Josie, I never forgot you - you never made it to your 30th year and now I am twice that plus change - this song here fits you and the whole thing between us to a T and it's right that I remember you this day for another 4th of July weekend all those decades ago in San Francisco - you took a heart in your hands at great cost to yourself that had been burned & twisted by unspeakable atrocity & war - some of that atrocity was my own - and helped it begin it's journey back to humanity & manhood - not even the headdoc's at the VA could do that - you made me touch it, you made me face it, you made me talk of it & you made me tell you and you made yourself still and listened to all the seething dark inside of me - then you held me with all of yourself again & again & again -

I never forgot that and I'll never forget you until my bones are dust - it's the 4th of July, Josie & the hole in my heart left by your passing so long ago is filled to overflowing -

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xOJTCBtRllQ
Doll, you may have found a place of rest but I'm still on the trail.

WIREMAN

Re: Josie

Post by WIREMAN » July 6th, 2014, 7:45 pm

Your words ring in my ears, lost a best friend, Robert on the 200th Independence Day.....he will always be young to those who can remember back those 38 years....like this write mucho mingo 8)
me I feel like I'm becoming some kinda Kung fu t.v. Priest.....

the mingo

Post by the mingo » July 7th, 2014, 11:28 am

Thx Wireman - good words always the best - rain outside keeping me in - drinkin coffee - listening to a little Marvin Gaye - mercy mercy me/ a memory here a memory there but staying in the ongoing - new trails beckon - new road calls - even this today, shut to the inside for the moment - you come to the end of mourning for some things - other things take longer - gonna walk along with Mr. Gaye awhile -

WIREMAN

Post by WIREMAN » July 7th, 2014, 3:20 pm

I used to put on Marvin before I'd perform as inspiration, the man could sing! 8)
me I feel like I'm becoming some kinda Kung fu t.v. Priest.....

the mingo

Post by the mingo » July 8th, 2014, 12:01 am

i hear that - i ain't listened to him since when but i heard mention of him the other day and pulled up some songs off youtube - forgot how the guy could place you on the mountain top or in the valley and you'd be smiling in either place & in either case -

goldenmyst

Post by goldenmyst » July 8th, 2014, 5:43 pm

Your memories told through these words sing to my heart. I love how you remembered this woman who resuscitated you. I felt this tribute deep in my soul.

John

the mingo

Post by the mingo » July 9th, 2014, 7:17 pm

Thx John - she didn't do it all in the few days I knew her but from the vantage of my days now she did the most important part, the beginning - she began what others have lent their hand to since even without realizing what they were doing - without her, and everyone else over the years, I would be in a mental hospital, prison, or dead. Thx for reading - wherever you are may friends appear out of nowhere at need.

creativesoul

Post by creativesoul » July 16th, 2014, 10:46 am

i was in a park where they celebrate tht AMERICAN thing- fireworks- and selling my paintings- a woman that was in the booth accross from me- bought a painting- she said' my freind died of a firework on the 4th- and this painting speaks to me'
'IT GIVES ME PEACE'
this was chicken skin
and so beautiful
imagine the sweetness of that peace
reason is over rated, as is logic and common sense-i much prefer the passions of a crazy old woman, cats and dogs and jungle foliage- tropic rain-and a defined sense of who brings the stars up at night and the sun up in the morning---

the mingo

Post by the mingo » July 17th, 2014, 10:22 pm

Thx cs 8)

Return to “Stories & Essays”