Through then eyes of a poet

Prose, including snippets (mini-memoirs).
Tjflowers80

Through then eyes of a poet

Post by Tjflowers80 » October 19th, 2014, 11:45 pm

Many people look at a painting and see just a painting; when I look at a painting I see a world inside it all. The grove where winter stays waiting and the cold snow keeps calling.
I am lost as winter passes to the warmth of spring and from spring to summer then from summer to fall; where flowers bloom and the aroma encircles like the bliss of heavens touch; a campsite where the warmth builds from the slightly seen stars above and the fires glow; where the colors fade to auburn and oranges itch cool breezes through sunlit trees.
The edges of life pushed away where stress melts and natures love stay within the wind; just there on the he fallen tree; a bird sets to rest her weary wings, the magnificence of her color tells me her name. Blue and green ruffled feathers and a ruby throat. She turns a little and her feathers glitter like jewels of the earth and sky.
My heart breathes and I close my eyes; listening to it all. But alas there is always more to it than that. There is what lies beyond the hidden grove. And even more so beyond all of that. What I see is not just the painting but the world within it; the emotions of life imitating art.
And above me the stars align
But not yet with my own
And the night birds sing
Whilst the demon haunts this restless soul.

Jessica Taylor

creativesoul

Re: Through then eyes of a poet

Post by creativesoul » October 20th, 2014, 2:10 pm

I loved this and it's many windows into your insight-
reason is over rated, as is logic and common sense-i much prefer the passions of a crazy old woman, cats and dogs and jungle foliage- tropic rain-and a defined sense of who brings the stars up at night and the sun up in the morning---

whoaisme

Post by whoaisme » October 22nd, 2014, 7:48 pm

This is just great!

I spent some time in Tucson, AZ last week and happened to find Ted DeGrazia's art gallery. SO MANY PAINTINGS! I wanted to stay there all day looking and being with those paintings. Thanks for this! :idea:
"From the sudden invasion of a mind not my own in the world. This I will record. For whom? For m y s e l f, beyond denial and beyond indifference." - Philip Lamantia

Tjflowers80

Post by Tjflowers80 » December 3rd, 2014, 12:30 am

I'm happy you enjoyed this, a dream is only a dream if never seen throught the poets eye.
But not yet with my own
And the night birds sing

Jessica Taylor

whoaisme

Post by whoaisme » December 15th, 2014, 7:44 pm

aww yea still a great piece of writing! 8)
"From the sudden invasion of a mind not my own in the world. This I will record. For whom? For m y s e l f, beyond denial and beyond indifference." - Philip Lamantia

Tjflowers80

Post by Tjflowers80 » April 21st, 2015, 8:20 pm

Thanks again. Am happy you enjoyed it!
But not yet with my own
And the night birds sing

Jessica Taylor

creativesoul

Post by creativesoul » September 4th, 2015, 9:05 am

beauty is in the eyes of the beholder-
"what is with this modern art crap ?"
mom- its worth a lot of money
this guy is famous
i could never really get the modern art thing
reason is over rated, as is logic and common sense-i much prefer the passions of a crazy old woman, cats and dogs and jungle foliage- tropic rain-and a defined sense of who brings the stars up at night and the sun up in the morning---

Return to “Stories & Essays”