the waterfront

Prose, including snippets (mini-memoirs).
creativesoul

the waterfront

Post by creativesoul » October 10th, 2015, 8:23 pm

it is quiet as the lights on the river shine in the currents- more than once- the bridges called out to the skies in amazement at all the action going on- the bikes ride by with thier little lights and helmets in the night air-
i play frisbee with the dog quite often here- on the little area of grass by the river- mister catches it in mid air- old women and thier poodles on leash slip in and out of doorways-i pretend i do not notice-
after the dog is panting and the store windows seem less interesting - wandering home- the trolley rumbles by- the freeway whistles in the distance- i retire to my lofty bedroom-sleeping i dream of a time that has almost disappeared from memory
we were dressing the cat- my sister and i- and pushing it around in a baby carriage- walking to the school down the street and climbing the fence to play on the spinner-
the kids in the neighnorhood were 'in' for the night= we were not- the night was filled with stars and cool breezes- our parents were busy watching tv.
i guess those places were somewhere that i thought were lost- but tonight they are freed here by the wilamette river-
this place brings solitude and sanity to a very crazy world-a perspective that has festivals and farmers markets and wine tasting all along the banks-
portland has places that bring harmony to a moment of poetry= people just wander- skateboarders- the bike riders= the smells of bakery goods in the air-
coffee= popcorn- pizza- chinese food all waft into the silient evenings here in the city where lonley is a personal choice
dog lovers and people gather at the expo center- free nail clippings- and teeth cleanings for your dog- and if you are lucky - you can train your dog to find truffles.
i guess
there is a woman that has a coffee house- she goes to junk stores and buys really ugly shit and sells it- or tries to in her lil coffee house- she is from korea.brass cats and bad paintings.bowls that i wonder what possesed her to buy-

she likes to shop -
i made soup today=
i am wearing my ninja turtle pajamas and have had a beautiful day
painted last night and like what i did- that is slightly unusual- because- maybe that is not always the case-
in the group where we all talk about ourselves = my friends releasing those things that once held them back-my sister calls and wants to go home to australia= she misses her dog.
i understand= really i do- we are waiting until dark before our next walk- because animal control and i do not agree- leashes suck
Attachments
Photo on 2011-04-15 at 02.47.jpg
Last edited by creativesoul on October 18th, 2015, 10:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
reason is over rated, as is logic and common sense-i much prefer the passions of a crazy old woman, cats and dogs and jungle foliage- tropic rain-and a defined sense of who brings the stars up at night and the sun up in the morning---

saw

Re: the waterfrint

Post by saw » October 14th, 2015, 10:31 am

like the Beatles, A Day in the Life....we march through the mundane looking for rare gems that are right there in the open...sweet ride jana...and I would like you to post a picture of yourself in your ninja turtle pajamas...ha ha.......peace
If you do not change your direction
you may end up where you are heading

creativesoul

Post by creativesoul » October 15th, 2015, 9:29 pm

I have to let someone take the picture- because I don't have a selfie stick
reason is over rated, as is logic and common sense-i much prefer the passions of a crazy old woman, cats and dogs and jungle foliage- tropic rain-and a defined sense of who brings the stars up at night and the sun up in the morning---

saw

Post by saw » October 17th, 2015, 9:34 am

ask Michelangelo Jana........or a passerby ...ha
If you do not change your direction
you may end up where you are heading

creativesoul

Post by creativesoul » October 17th, 2015, 10:50 am

Ha ha ha ha
I will

Return to “Stories & Essays”