Polly

Prose, including snippets (mini-memoirs).
creativesoul

Polly

Post by creativesoul » March 26th, 2018, 12:51 am

She has me photographing her costume jewelry
The woman accross the street is breaking in: stealing things- and then bringing them back. She eats rice and amino acids and Amy’s organic microwaved food-
The doors are booby trapped and she whispers to me - or she turns the t v up because “ they are listening “
Today she went to a block party and came back with polenta that was gluten free-
All happy
When I first met her she had not slept for six days - and I had given up hope of getting any kind of employment-
Ten dollars an hour - cash - I’ll take it- turns out- I just have to wait for the lady accross the street in the meant to “ break in”
So I draw
I drink the most ghastly tasting tea she has - I so love how interesting she is-
I’m afraid I’ve already lost the card she gave me with the physic phone number on it- I hope not- people do not understand that organization is not really my strong piont-
I like Alzhiemers people- And people that have “ theories “ about all kinds of things
She is an old hippie-Well think she likes the rice- I see menus around her taped off floors with paper
I think it’s really good she has someone even if it’s me- she is really lonely- too many things banging around in her attic-
All I want is candy
People like that make me crave sugar
reason is over rated, as is logic and common sense-i much prefer the passions of a crazy old woman, cats and dogs and jungle foliage- tropic rain-and a defined sense of who brings the stars up at night and the sun up in the morning---

Terri

Re: Polly

Post by Terri » April 15th, 2018, 4:42 pm

i love this story
the contrast here
I drink the most ghastly tasting tea she has - I so love how interesting she is-
and the quiet comment here
She is an old hippie-Well think she likes the rice

creativesoul

Re: Polly

Post by creativesoul » April 15th, 2018, 10:45 pm

Polly - I left a camping chair at her house- and she just will not relax until I get that chair. I gave her my address over the phone- the whole thing with her cat “ Mattie” is odd- the thing looks horrible- a white bone cat- she keeps batteries in the Refriderator- I was accused of making the cat sick- so I quit- and she keeps calling me-
I just really think that is why people go to assisted living while they can still think straight- apparently the one behind my house - has the best food of any of them- I told my sons - “ it will be easy for you- just throw my shit over the fence”
I hope it doesn’t come to that- for awhile-. - however- I am not a doctor- but I think that maybe she could use some help—
Living like you are in prison because of a delusion is rather sad.
That cat if it dies is not going to be good- she called to tell me the cat was ok-
I’m grateful
But that no peep voice is enough really- I cannot take it- speak from your solar plexus- these whining people- no one over sixty will listen to that for long
reason is over rated, as is logic and common sense-i much prefer the passions of a crazy old woman, cats and dogs and jungle foliage- tropic rain-and a defined sense of who brings the stars up at night and the sun up in the morning---

Return to “Stories & Essays”