Zen Under the Magnolias - Dream

Prose, including snippets (mini-memoirs).
goldenmyst

Post by goldenmyst » July 24th, 2020, 8:13 pm

My grandparents are still alive though feeble. We have dinner and from there I go to the neighborhood forest where I played as a child. My quest is to dig up a time capsule I had left under the ruins of treehouse when I was a wee lad. Therein lays the story of the boy I once was. If the memorabilia is well preserved in the Tupperware box then the artifacts of my lost youth may be the key to my future.

But when I arrive at the entrance there is a young lady lying in a lawn chair. She informs me that the property is private and I can go no further.

But she is very friendly and scholarly. We discuss Zen philosophy like Buddhists who share a bookish sense of life on that beautiful day in the woods.

Finally, our Chautauqua leads her to sit next to me and rest her head on my shoulder like a nun who seeks a different road to enlightenment. She looks at me beseechingly and says, “I am the guardian of your boyhood relics. But you are now a man. I have been lonely here as the keeper of your past. Please make love to me so that I can know the man you have become.”

mnaz

Re: Zen Under the Magnolias - Dream

Post by mnaz » October 20th, 2020, 12:17 pm

Nice dream to wake from, even if the quest to time travel is unrealized. Symbolic passage from innocence/freedom to adulthood and boundaries.

Return to “Stories & Essays”