HIM. $$!!#!

Prose, including snippets (mini-memoirs).
izeveryboyin

HIM. $$!!#!

Post by izeveryboyin » May 12th, 2005, 3:48 pm

I can’t help but notice his violent glare behind the dirty spectacles… he wants me, I know it. I blow smoke out with a nervous twitch, sniffle, wipe my nose. If it bleeds then I’ll tell him I’ve got my period the wrong way. If it doesn’t, I’ll tell him my friend’s come up with a new form of coke, and he asked me to try it out. No, “she”, better say “she” or he might get jealous. God, it’s just so hot in here, though. Maybe it’s his glare. Maybe it’s the feel of his eyes bearing down on me like overheated light beams, pushing at the skin, making little red circles that say “Evil Was Here”. I’m not quite sure what he wants from me, or where he wants it. I take another puff, the cigarette’s almost gone and I almost groan in dismay that now I’ll have nothing left to do with my hands. I can’t let him know he’s getting to me. I can’t let him know I care. Okay, okay, let’s stay cool here. Let’s be cool, right? What can he do to you? I mean, look at him. He’s short… he’s small. What can he do to you? I can feel the sweat and instantly I regret it. I want to suck it back in, but I can’t. And when the first trickle runs down my face, I can see him smiling, devilishly at me. What am I doing here? Oh God what am I doing here? Look at his lips moving. He’s speaking. He’s saying something to me. Fuck, I can’t hear any of it. Oh no, I’ve gone deaf. He’s made me deaf! He’s fucking made me deaf. No, no, calm down. Maybe he’s just talking too low, right? Okay. Go ahead. Ask him to say it again. Ask him. He won’t bite. Ask him. Go on you wuss, ask him. ASK HIM!
“Wh-What did you day?”
He swivels around and looks at me wildly. He raises his brow, then shakes his head and turns back around. He must not have heard me. Say it again you asshole, he didn’t hear you. Go on… say it again!
“Uh, hey, I uh, I didn’t hear you. Can you say it again?” Shit, I’m sweating again. Maybe if I’m quick I can wipe it off before he notices.
The look he gives me this time would be enough to kill. “Are you talking to me?” he barked.
“Uh, yeah, yeah I am.”
“I didn’t fucking say anything to you lady, you’re crazy.”
He takes a step away from me, as if daring me to follow him, daring me to see just how far I’m willing to let him string me along. I can’t understand why he’s doing this. Oh fuck! What the hell… is his—is his face… melting? Holy Christ, it is! HIS FUCKING SKIN IS SLIDING RIGHT OFF HIS FUCKING BONES! AAARRRGGGHHH!!!!
“What are you?!!” I scream. “What are you?!”
Suddenly, everyone on the train car spins around to look at me, and I stare back, wildly, as if to say “What the hell is wrong with you people, didn’t you see it?” and though I am too shocked to speak, it seems they know what it is I want to say, and they shake their heads in fear and disbelief… in utter disgust of me. I looked down at my feet and slinked down in my chair. Had I imagined it all? Was this menacing young man a mere figment of my imagination? It was possible. Stress can do that too you. Stress can drive you to that sort of madness. And I guess it was better that I wasn’t maliciously bound to a sneering psychopath like he was, yet and still… it was so fantastic a notion. He felt so real, he felt so close to me when we stood; I felt like I could touch him. He felt li—oh Christ what the hell is that? In the window? It’s him! Fuck, I know it’s him!! Can’t you bastards fucking see it? He’s right there, he’s right—AAARRRGGGHHH!
sometimes I just like to breathe.

www.technicolorfraud.blogspot.com

jimboloco

Post by jimboloco » May 20th, 2005, 9:03 pm

wow!
nothing less than, like jacktink would say, hard and fast!!!!
perfect grammatical eloqution, by the way. i think, at least it seemed strongly played, down to the last utterance of dismay!
Last edited by jimboloco on May 21st, 2005, 10:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
[color=darkcyan]i'm on a survival mission
yo ho ho an a bottle of rum om[/color]

tinkerjack

Post by tinkerjack » May 21st, 2005, 7:27 pm

Snippets?

It read fast and clean.

I always wanted to get into one of those litkicks workshops where they would teach you to write hard and fast. But I suppose they wanted people that could write something to begin with.
free rice

I used to be smart

jimboloco

Post by jimboloco » May 23rd, 2005, 11:43 am

it's not synchronicity, jack, just editing tricks, that's all.
I always wanted to get into one of those litkicks workshops where they would teach you to write hard and fast. But I suppose they wanted people that could write something to begin with.
i don't remember anything in litkicks about hard and fast writing.
they seemed to be telling me i needed to be more "crisp"
or "crips" is how i say it,
if you aks me, man.

stilltrucking

Post by stilltrucking » May 23rd, 2005, 1:08 pm

They always seemed to be telling me I was one sick fucko and I needed professional help. I had no arguement with that. But what I wanted was professional help with writting. Yeah they had this workshop where you sent in twenty bucks and you could participate in it. Brooklyn wrote me back a pretty decent email explaining that there was problems at litkicks and I could not participate. He offered to send back the twenty bucks. He was pretty decent about it, I got no problems with Levi. I told him to keep the twenty bucks as a donation. Gee am I violating a confidence by blabbing about this. To tell you the truth I have attention defication disorder, I don't give a shit anymore. I will always be an illiterate scribbler and with a little help from perfect strangers I will get by. My neice is scaring the dog shit out of me. I asked her not to email anymore, or at least not about family or religion.

jimboloco

Post by jimboloco » May 23rd, 2005, 1:22 pm

e dawg started a haiku-string
http://studioeight.tv/phpbb/viewtopic.php?t=3367
and the subject came up there, character defication

step-son has the same problem with his band mate, the dude wants to control the whole thang
rich kid with loys of instruments puts an ad out to start a band
he controls toto image wries all the songs
a;llows no deviation
i wouldn't put up with that, yet,
i did two of the workshops
very kool they were
lost my work tho
they did

i did a parrallelll shadowing of Blake
s "augeries of innocence"
vignettes of early shadows
setries of left-alone snippets it was.

why they called you off tho
can't omagine.
glad we steered over this a way
cyber trucker.

chicago girl is frenetic
gotta go before i get all worked up!

izeveryboyin

Post by izeveryboyin » May 23rd, 2005, 1:51 pm

oh arrgh! Arrgh! No more starting in depth conversations without me! *folds arms* I'm glad you enjoyed this, gentlemen, but Gah! Don't leave me out. *pouts*. Litkicks teaching fast, hard writing? *scoffs* They'd have to get over themselves first. Levi's an okay dude, but he needs to tone down the cockiness a bit. Meh. Whatever. Thanks for reading.

--k

Doreen Peri
Site Admin

Post by Doreen Peri » May 23rd, 2005, 2:45 pm

Hallucinating again, Kayla? Geezzzz.... vivid, dynamic writing here!

I'll remember this one, too, when I write your review. When is it due? I forgot! I gotta get to it soon, right?

I only have one comment about Litkicks, since this thread addresses it.

It used to be a great interactive site with a variety of voices and lots and lots of talent.

Now it's just a blog.

Why would anybody want to read essays by the same 3 people every day?

No comment on the workshop thing other than if a website wants to have workshops about writing, it would be a good idea to bring in a published author who knows something about the craft. Unless it's a peer-to-peer workshop. Maybe that's what you all are referring to. I don't remember any workshops over there myself. All I remember is contests.

The site went from one of the best interactive sites on the internet to a site which promoted contests and winners to a blog. It happened really quick, too.

I hate to be a critic, but I can't help myself at the moment. I've got bad feelings about how those people treated me and others. I don't think it's right to dismiss community members who have given so much to build a site.

It's so sad.

But this is Kayla's thread and please excuse me for continuing the discussion which as off topic from Kayla's story because I know Kayla folded her arms and everything and hrrrrummmphed! ;)

Sorry about that. I just felt inspired to write what I thought.

Carry on, Kay..... tell me what you had to injest to hallucinate like this!

When's my review due? :mrgreen:

mousey1

Post by mousey1 » May 23rd, 2005, 2:47 pm

"I see dead people." :shock:

Good storyoryoreo izyooooooo!!!! :)

I know nothing for litkicks but....

I have an opinion...

Listen up!

Must we all be crisp writers?

Can't some of us be flabby?

Dangling our participles.

Overstuffing our sentences.

Ill-fitting our verbs.

Pregnant with pauses.

Our paragraphs so fat that the punctuation is popping like buttons from the strain.

Crisp..... :roll: ...puhlease....!!!!!!

:D I write flabby all the time!
I used to walk with my head in the clouds but I kept getting struck by lightning!
Now my head twitches and I drool alot. Anonymouse

[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v475/mousey1/shhhhhh.gif[/img]

izeveryboyin

Post by izeveryboyin » May 23rd, 2005, 3:21 pm

Fuck it! Let's all be shit writers and parade around with papers on our ass cheeks, beaming like mad over Stoke Newington fires in Scotland, and burying our fears with the blues. Thanks for reading D, Mousey. And for you, my dear D, the report is due ON FRIDAY so please hurry, hurry. He gave us all an extension. I meant to put a reminder in everyone's box, but then jim and mousey popped up with theirs, and another friend from school. You and Lrod are the only slackers! LOL! Hop to it, my friends! hehe. No seriously, hop to it. Was I hallucinating? Hmm... well, there's a blue buttefly in my dragon soup and I hear pixies crying in their sleep because nobody loves them. I seem to be doing it now, so it's quite likely I was doing it then. Heh. I didn't inject anything. I just stop scratching my ass long enough to write my slam-nutcase-ism down. Do you like it? heh. If not then pssha. *folds arms* hehehe.

--k

p.s mousey, I have jim's first and last name through e-mails, but I don't have you're. I need a pen name. If you want me to keep it as Mousey then that's fine. If not, let me know, so That I can insert your name and print everything out for the presentation. Thanks a million, doll!

mousey1

Post by mousey1 » May 23rd, 2005, 4:12 pm

What are you saying Izy?

I HAVE ANOTHER NAME!!!!!!

geeza louisa why didn't someone tell me this...

you think you know something...

you think you know everything there is to know....

and then....

and then....

a bombshell like this is dropped! :shock:

Will it never end? Will it never end!

So.....what is it then? 8)
I used to walk with my head in the clouds but I kept getting struck by lightning!
Now my head twitches and I drool alot. Anonymouse

[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v475/mousey1/shhhhhh.gif[/img]

stilltrucking

Post by stilltrucking » May 23rd, 2005, 9:22 pm

Sorry "Candy" I did not mean to hijack your post. Reflections in a window, windshields have intrigued me for a long time. .A two fold continuous multiplicity, like watching Husserl’s TV
I am a better person because of litkicks. I Have no regrets. Levi is a cool dude. but his comment about "dues fucking paid" always made me wonder. Reminds of the Greek proverb, "judge no man happy until he is dead" I don't worry about dues anymore. I got a withdrawl card from the teamsters.

Doreen Peri
Site Admin

Post by Doreen Peri » May 23rd, 2005, 10:17 pm

Kayla - Yes... I liked your hallucination... lol.... hehe... seriously.,.. I love your writing and this piece is no exception.

Our reviews WILL be written for you TOMORROW... yes... Tomorrow.... and tomorrow DOES come... it's Tuesday tomorrow and we are both assigned this task to write your review TOMORROW... Tuesday, 5/24.... without fail!!!

I will be emailing us both to confirm our commitment TONIGHT... ;) ... as soon as I post this post to you and push 'submit' and believe me, I don't do submit well but in your case... I SUBMIT!!!!

Sincere apologies for the delay....

We will send them to you by pm here.... is that OK? Would you prefer email?

They're coming... I promise.

Whitebird Sings

Post by Whitebird Sings » May 23rd, 2005, 11:42 pm

Hey k!

I come to this thread late... and without all the requisite background. So please forgive -- and even perhaps ignore -- my comments if they are misplaced.

I have recorded on the pages of one of my journals, words that a friend sent to me... they were words that had been passed on so often that the original author got lost somewhere along the way (if anyone recognizes these words, please let me know who to give credit to...)...

The words, I think, have a place in this thread... a place in this place... and they are:

There may not be perfection in the human act of creation but there lies beauty in the act of creation. Through striving, imperfection becomes more timeless, more honest, and in a sense, almost sacred.

Dear k, I see and hear rhythm and life LARGE in your acts of creation. Thank you for what you create.

from WB
someone who is striving,
...oh, and who is a blues fan to boot! 8)

izeveryboyin

Post by izeveryboyin » May 24th, 2005, 2:13 pm

ooooh.... lots to reply to! Okay D, thank you very much for getting on both you and Lrod's case about thee reviews! I am bursting with love and adoration! Bursting! Send them wherever, I'll check them both. Mousey... no, I don't think you have two names. I was asking if you wanted me to keep your name as Mousey for when I submit the review, or if you wanted me to use your actual name. And if you wanted me to use your actual name, I needed to know it. LOL. St, you have permission to usurp my post any time... as long as you submit a form of inquiry to me in writing three days before I post, and attach along with it a petition signed by 200 people agreeing to participate in the usurped post. *catches breath* WB, you're welcome anytime. Better late than never as they say, and I appreciate all posts! I like the fact that people actually enjoy this shit, and that being completely full of it is entertaining sometimes!

Thanks all you lovely, marvelous people!!

--k

Return to “Stories & Essays”