Suppose the dead really do know something.

Prose, including snippets (mini-memoirs).
tinkerjack

Suppose the dead really do know something.

Post by tinkerjack » May 21st, 2005, 7:24 pm

I got to this point in my life where I really do want to lighten up. There was a time in my twenties when everything I owned would fit in the trunk of a Porsche. Now I got all this stuff and it is like a ball and chain. I look at my junk. 14.4 modems, parallel printer cables, 486 motherboards, ISA video cards, and sound cards. I am saving them cause you never know. I been throwing away tons of the stuff that I have had for years. But it is like everyday there is more than the day before. And of course there is this old wore out body. How to get rid of that when I move on. I was thinking about giving it to the med school when I stroke out or have my heart attack or get hit on the head by a falling tortoise, but then suppose the Buddhists are right and my spirit has to stick around until every bit of me rots away. Dam that would be something to look forward to. Every morning laying there waiting for the students to arrive and slice on me some more. Most of all I want to get back to the Ocean. If I won the lotto tomorrow I would make arrangements for burial at sea.
free rice

I used to be smart

jimboloco

Post by jimboloco » May 21st, 2005, 10:14 pm

Oh well the Tibetan Bon-Buddhists, maybe more Bon than Buddhist, have a certain group of their people called the body gatherers. They take the bodies up to the mountains and feed them to vultures, all very well ceremonial and reverant, a sure way to keep the turkeys off your back, sort of a neat way of knowing how'd you end up. Yowsa.

wow i bought a lotto ticket. i'll buy you a motorcycle.
Last edited by jimboloco on June 21st, 2006, 9:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
[color=darkcyan]i'm on a survival mission
yo ho ho an a bottle of rum om[/color]

tinkerjack

Post by tinkerjack » May 22nd, 2005, 2:37 am

I was thinking about the big B when I wrote that. I think we had this conversation the night I ate that weird mushroom omelet. I been in the middle of two women going at each other tooth and claw. They both have such a long list of grudges against each other. They each tell me there side of the story, but what they leave out is their long list of resentments against men. They think they are winding me up. One of them is more dangerous than the other because she is a Jesus freak. Totaly no fucking compassion jimboloco. She thinks she is showing me Jesus, I think she is showing me her ass. I tell her to talk to her brother about compassion. Her brother calls himself a Zen Jew-dist.
free rice

I used to be smart

tinkerjack

Post by tinkerjack » May 22nd, 2005, 9:24 am

Back in the seventies she got into the Messianic Jew club. At the end of their little prayer meetings they would sing the Israeli national anthem. I always wondered about that. I don't know if Buddhists believe in G-d or not. Maybe G-d as love. I try to witness to her, I try to maintain some integrity. She questions my patriotism because I don't support Bush. She is affronted when I speak of Jesus freaks, I tell her I am a Word freak. And isn't special that she is Jewish and believes in Jesus. I love her she is as close to daughter as I have. She has another friend who is writing me now. A former nurse in the USAF, she tells me she is a patriot she treated the wounded soilders coming home from Vietnam. She is happy that we are fighting our enemies over there and not here. I mentioned something about you to her. She ran out of gas the other day but managed to roll into a gas station, she titled her email "Coincidence" and maybe she is nuts but she saw it as a miracle, the intervention of her personal God in her life. so she said "Praise God. I suppose it was a big deal to her all crippled up with some disease and not much of a walker. I wanted to send her a reply that said "Coincidence? just call me nuts but about a week before the election Osama Bin Laden comes out and supports Kerry, was that a coincidence. Praise Allah. I think I need to stop writting these people, it is making me more cynical than ever. Do you remeber cotton mouth soldier, he had this thing about Karmic Dice in his profile

http://www.bushflash.com/pl_lo.html

I sent that one to them, I mean they send me emails with about a hundred names in the address line so I sent it to everyone on it. That got a big laugh. One guy who also wears his Christianity on his sleeve kind of called me a creep because there was a fifteen year old girl on the list. But he is a christian and forgave me after putting me on notice to stop molesting his daughter with those horrible graphic images. I wonder how many cut up babies the girl has seen at anti-abortion rallies, how many episodes of CSI has she seen, how many slasher movies. He called it just another Anti-bush propaganda. Do you know anything about the use of depleted uranium in weapons?
free rice

I used to be smart

jimboloco

Post by jimboloco » May 23rd, 2005, 11:38 am

yeah i remember this flick, thanks for posting it,
many irak war 1 veterand and also in bosnia got expozed to d-u
i do the same thang, what i did with the letter at a prayerz in schoolz list petition for dumbya,
sent to back to all recipientz, what i did at the college, sent back a counter-recruiting reply from the USAF to staff, faculty, and students of the med, pub health, nursing schoolz, for a recruiting "social" at the schools, still have a copy of the stuudent paper about it.
"so you want to be a part of a mass murdering genocidal war machine!"
schlep them good!!!!!

stilltrucking

Post by stilltrucking » June 11th, 2006, 4:30 pm

War Crimes
is that an Oxymoron?

Doreen Peri
Site Admin

Post by Doreen Peri » June 11th, 2006, 11:23 pm

Definitions of oxymoron:
* noun:   conjoining contradictory terms (as in `deafening silence')

No, war crimes is not an oxymoron.

It's a synonym.

stilltrucking

Post by stilltrucking » June 11th, 2006, 11:32 pm

thanks doreen I should have done that myself. I knew it was not an apparent contradiction. Thinking about the young men who will be coming home after the full moon over Haditha. And how the worst of men send the best of men to war

is war crimes a cliche yet?

pandora

Post by pandora » June 18th, 2006, 10:52 pm

:)

jimboloco

Post by jimboloco » September 12th, 2006, 8:26 am

"peace is our profession"
stratecic air command's old motto
thunderbolt shield on the b-52's face
full of grace
and precision
at 30 thousand
and 500 knots
keeping sisters safe
thru the night
while other sisters die
in a burst of light
and horror
beyond redemtpion
yet we carry on
as they contradict their motto
once again
and drop more bombs
into the grotto.

stilltrucking

Post by stilltrucking » September 17th, 2006, 7:40 am

“A flight of B-52 bombers circles Khe Sanh, sprinkling eggs of black iron. Each egg weighs two thousand pounds. Each egg knocks a hole into the cold earth, punches a crater into the constricting web of slit trenches that forty thousand determined little men have dug to within a hundred yards of our wire.” Or: “
- Gustav Hasford a beat marine

Homeboy was at Bolling AFB in the early sixties, LeMay was living there on General's Row. Homeboy had to make a house call to give him a shot. Mrs LeMay came in her Girdle and bra. Homeboy had bad dreams about that for a week.

Return to “Stories & Essays”