Hate and Discontent

Prose, including snippets (mini-memoirs).
gypsyjoker

Hate and Discontent

Post by gypsyjoker » May 26th, 2005, 10:36 pm

My first post to studio Eight

Since the accident that caused me to lose my sight I have been pretty lonely and feeling cut off from the world. I don't have the patience to learn braille so I listen to the radiao a lot and books on tape. Fortunately I learned how to touch type when I was in high school. Probably the most useful thing I learned. I never realized how usefull. I been listening to you all post with my text speech converter. It sounds like a cool place to hang out. Sometimes the conversation reminds of of listening to the base station a friend bought me to while away the hours. These goofy truckers going by on the interstate. Most of the time a happy bunch of bozos, but then there will be one voice doing his or her best to stir up hate and discontent. A warped sense of humor I suppose. I silently pray no one will answer that cb call. Eventualy he or she will just get bored and go away because there is nobody who wants to pllay.

sorry for the typo's I know I make mistakes.
Free Rice
Avatar Courtesy of the Baron de Hirsch Fund

'Blessed is he who was not born, Or he, who having been born, has died. But as for us who live, woe unto us, Because we see the afflictions of Zion, And what has befallen Jerusalem." Pseudepigrapha

mtmynd

Post by mtmynd » May 26th, 2005, 11:44 pm

hello, gypsy-j.. welcome to S8. glad you can communcate with us and to hear us! that must be something.

gypsyjoker

Post by gypsyjoker » May 27th, 2005, 12:50 am

I was going to call myself teddy bear but I can't stand that song. mu ]r[;e, issppO get fomgers pm wrpmf keys. Funny how I used to dread blindness, diabeties and its complications. But life goes on. I been apreaciating my other senses more. Gardening has been a god send. THe feel of the earth, softness of a flower petal and my lovers skin. The feel of her hair against my face. The sound of bird songs, The whistle of a far away train, The smell of the sea.

I appreciate the comeback. I been listenign to your steams for a long time. See ya later
Free Rice

'Blessed is he who was not born, Or he, who having been born, has died. But as for us who live, woe unto us, Because we see the afflictions of Zion, And what has befallen Jerusalem." Pseudepigrapha

Doreen Peri
Site Admin

Post by Doreen Peri » May 27th, 2005, 12:52 pm

Hi gypsyjoker.

Just wondering..... How do you know where to click if you are blind?

I know a gal who uses a text-to-voice application because she has a problem with using the mouse because of carpal tunnel syndrom or something .... so she speaks the commands. But she can see the screen. Without seeing the screen, it baffles me how you'd be able to *see* where to click on a topic or click to get to a post window.

I'm fascinated! Tell me more.

w3rdjamZ

Post by w3rdjamZ » May 27th, 2005, 4:02 pm

hey man

can u get this board on the cb radio? thats wild how did you end up in that situatoin?

stilltrucking

Post by stilltrucking » May 28th, 2005, 12:43 am

I knew an old truck driver that went blind from diabetes. He had it rigged up with a touch pad and it was java scripted to do the roll overs with dings and dongs or words he knew where his cursor was by sound. In the text boxes it was little trickier, maybe by co-ordinates or chess board notations.

Hay Turdword, duh me, just figured out who you is. I wish you wouldn't pull that stuff on me....

"Don't pull that stuff on me
Hand me down my walking cane
It's a sin to tell a lie
Send my mouth way down south
And kiss my ass goodbye "
from the JP shrine

gypsyjoker

Post by gypsyjoker » May 28th, 2005, 1:04 am

Well to tell you the truth it was kind of :oops:
I was choking my chicken and poked both my eyes out.

ten four big buddy but I got something better coming. High tech, very elegant.

DP I love your garden
Free Rice

stilltrucking

Post by stilltrucking » May 28th, 2005, 3:45 pm

While we are on the subject of hate and discontent, I used to have a little book called The Art of Zen Driving. carried it around for years it teached me a lot about compassionate driving. I am surrounded by family members that drive like Ted Nugent. Complete assholes, dickheads and cunts. My baby sister the only one I feel safe driving with. And that took years to reach her with my tips on compassionate driving.
For the rest of them here driving is a competition they say. A hundred million cars and trucks lined up from ocean to ocean and they need to get to the front of the line. The brother in law he thinks he is showing me how well he drives. He won't give and inch he can not back off. Like in a dog pissing contest he can't stand the idea of another car getting in front of him. The princess of the rabbit turds, making me nauseous, she thinks its cute to see the fearful expression on my face when she cuts across three lanes of traffic to make her exit ramp. In the corner of my eye I catch the wicked lilltle smile flit across her face

Now I am i waiting for The Bear to pick me up so we can go out to the lair of the princess of the rabbit turds house. She thinks of the bear the way I think of George W Bush. God she was pissed when I made a crack about how we now have the first person to be president who was convicted of drunk driving. She has to tell me a story about the bad truck driver, She was sitting at the light with two kids in her car. A tractor and trailer turns the corner, the driver misjudged it the trailer gets closer and closer to her car. She lays on the horn, never looks in her mirror to see if she can back up, gets into a test of wills with the schmuck. This is her rebuttal to my crack about Bush. The Bear is in constant pain, his hand are like claws don't know why maybe from the tumor then he stepped on one her dog dishes that litter her yard. Now his knee is twice its normal size. I mention his condition and she says, well I don't want to say what she says. Except it makes me want nothing to do with her Jesus. Ranting about the bear like he is Adolph Hitler, I can almost see the spittle flying out of her mouth. My spider lover, such a gentle a mature woman, I wonder is this what an empty womb can do to a woman. No my sister has a sun, has not mellowed her none. Except for her guilt about his trashed childhood, THe bear doesn't have much guilt about the trashing of his son's childhood. He just blames it on his wife.

The princess has no mercy no compassion, just a passion for politicians and saviors. What about Sister Estelle the Catholic Nun, a friend of Diamond lils, now living in the retirement home in Lousiana. The place to used to be an asylum for lepers. What I a beautiful smile, what mercy and compassion. Made me wish I could have been a Catholic. Reminds me of the way I used to feel about Il...ara of the beautiful knees.
Yes it may not be possible for a woman that looks like she did to ever have a totaly platonic relationship with a man, but I felt close to it. Better then seventy percent platonic

unedite maybe if I put this in red it will remind me to fix it up later

gypsyjoker

Re: Hate and Discontent

Post by gypsyjoker » January 29th, 2019, 12:04 am

doreen peri wrote:
I'm fascinated! Tell me more.
I should use more emoticons :oops: :wink:

I will be back and tell you more as soon as I learn how to read what I wrote. I used to love that bear character in Pogo
Free Rice

Return to “Stories & Essays”