4:32 Ante Meridian, Central Time

Prose, including snippets (mini-memoirs).
joel

4:32 Ante Meridian, Central Time

Post by joel » October 15th, 2005, 5:26 am

Believer I, I find it odd: Who is this god in whom we trust? One nation under which one’s god?

It seems a sin of power-lust, a stumbling block and faithful fall, when I thought Liberty and Justice strong enough God’s love for all; good news comes rarely after Must.
"Every genuinely religious person is a heretic, and therefore a revolutionary" -- GBShaw

mnaz

Post by mnaz » October 19th, 2005, 5:24 pm

God may well have been hijacked. In fact, several times, lately. All signs point toward it.

gypsyjoker

Post by gypsyjoker » October 31st, 2005, 11:13 pm

Listen

1953, Mz Brotherton's sixth grade class, or as the boys called her "one tit brotherton" That first morning we said the new pledge that had been changed by President Ike. We all stumbled across the words under god, for six years we had been saying one nation indivisible and with liberty and justice for all. Another red herring, is that what you call a non issue meant to distract our attention from the man behind the curtain?
Free Rice
Avatar Courtesy of the Baron de Hirsch Fund

'Blessed is he who was not born, Or he, who having been born, has died. But as for us who live, woe unto us, Because we see the afflictions of Zion, And what has befallen Jerusalem." Pseudepigrapha

joel

Post by joel » November 3rd, 2005, 8:33 pm

I'm the one who's supposed to like having it there. WASP. Believer. Blue-blood back to the DAR illegal immigrant heroes.

So why is it so much more natural, so much more honoring to my faith to let Mr Washington let Mz God be who she is when not forced into that rediculous Uncle Sam costume?

The cross seems much too Christian and much too little Christ when wearing stars and stripes.

But then again, I'm the one who's supposed to like seeing God laughed at since I can't find a way to see the devil in Marx's eyes like a good WASP blue-blood believer ought to see.
"Every genuinely religious person is a heretic, and therefore a revolutionary" -- GBShaw

gypsyjoker

Post by gypsyjoker » November 3rd, 2005, 10:21 pm

Maybe I am crazy to worry about architectural details but back in the sixties or maybe the fifties, when the devil was in J Edgar's eyes. And he saw communist conspiracies and the HUAC was in full swing, and Tail Gunner Joe swaggard acroos the headlines, very quietly the house and senate chambers underwent refurbishing and the Roman fasces put on the walls. Tell me I am not paranoid. God hijacked,? Yeah maybe so, or maybe he has just been drafted. It seems pretty clear to me whose side he is on.

Has Hitler finally won the war?

This is pure gibberish, just thinking about the signs of the times,
For the Jews require a sign, and the Greeks seek after wisdom
Free Rice
Avatar Courtesy of the Baron de Hirsch Fund

'Blessed is he who was not born, Or he, who having been born, has died. But as for us who live, woe unto us, Because we see the afflictions of Zion, And what has befallen Jerusalem." Pseudepigrapha

Return to “Stories & Essays”