In Search of ...... Litkicks (part 453)

On-going spontaneous Word Jams.
still.trucking

Post by still.trucking » June 10th, 2009, 8:21 am

I don't get it either Doreen.
I bite my tongue

We all think we have a hundred friends when we graduate high school. But later we realize that we are lucky to make even one true friend in a life time.

All I am saying is I am glad I still have my high school year book.

My final words on this is why did he have to trash the got dam archives?

Why can't we see them anymore?

I guess I should throw my high school year book away too.

It was a community
We all contributed
We should have access to those archives.
Is that too much to ask?
Somebody is being a putz.

Maybe it is Levi or maybe not.
"Natural selection, as it has operated in human history, favors not only the clever but the murderous." Barbara Ehrenreich

Free Rice

Doreen Peri
Site Admin

Post by Doreen Peri » June 10th, 2009, 8:30 am

My final words on this is why did he have to trash the got dam archives?
Because it's a website and web owners make decisions about what material they want to continue hosting on their servers. They changed the format and didn't feel it necessary to continue to host the former format.

Many websites go out of business. They just totally disappear. It happens every day. You can't expect any website owner to continue hosting any material whatsoever.

That said, several times I've thought of giving someone else the studioeight forums to let them pay for them and operate them. Sometimes I get tired. And one day if I decide to give up paying for and hosting this website and if I can't find anybody to take it over for me, I may shut it down and move on.

Just saying. It happens. And it could happen again. And if people wanted to call me a bad guy for moving on, well that would be their prerogative but it wouldn't be true.

If you want anything you post on the internet ANYWHERE on any site, keep a copy of it. There are no guarantees.

Levi was one of the most honest webmasters I've ever known. He had this warning plainly stated on his site when you logged in. He said to be aware that posting on the internet has its risks and described what those risks are.
It was a community
We all contributed
We should have access to those archives.
Is that too much to ask?
Yes, it's too much to ask. No website has the obligation to continue hosting anybody's posted material for any length of time.

Unless you are paying for storage space for your material.... then you have a contract agreement with the host and they would be obligated.

Otherwise, they aren't obligated and can put any material they want on their host server.

still.trucking

Post by still.trucking » June 10th, 2009, 9:08 am

Levi said he was going to archive the boards. He said he was not going to archive the Flames Board. I suppose he changed his mind. That is his perogative.

I search the net for a couple of action poems I would like to read. And there are quite a few Haiku I would like to re read also.

But
but thank grid

All is not lost.

I guess someone cares enought to archive the flames.
jokes, trucks, chickens and thunderstorms

Posted to board: Flame Wars and Debates
by brooklyn on Mar 4, 2003 7:29 AM

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I just wanted to clarify, about the decision to kick stilltrucking off the site yesterday:

Nobody gets deleted for one joke, and the dumb jokes he posted yesterday were not a particularly big deal. The main problem was that he had a habit of harassing a few women on the site with insulting sexist remarks. These remarks were directed to women who had done nothing to encourage his attention. We warned him a few weeks ago that this had to immediately stop.

By the time he posted those jokes yesterday, he was already on our "just give us one more reason to delete you" list.

If stilltrucking is going to try again as Thunder Chicken, I really hope he understands that he was violating the privacy of other members by singling them out by name, or by suggestion. This is much more serious than any tired old racist joke.

-- Levi

http://web.archive.org/web/200305180538 ... &parent=-1
Of course you are right Doreen
I have no complaint

If you are not having fun here
then I am not

Life after studio eight.
Yeah I can deal with that.
"Natural selection, as it has operated in human history, favors not only the clever but the murderous." Barbara Ehrenreich

Free Rice

still.trucking

Post by still.trucking » June 10th, 2009, 9:48 am

The poem rocks Doreen.

I feel the same way.

I guess I did feel as if Levi owed me something. Dang me, they ought to take a rope and hang me.

He is an honest guy no doubt.

Remember the twenty bucks for the Litkicks Writer's Workshop donation that he asked for?

He offered to send my twenty bucks back when my application for admission was rejected.

Free Rice

Doreen Peri
Site Admin

Post by Doreen Peri » June 10th, 2009, 10:20 am

i didn't remember that cost money.... hmmmm....
cool way to get donations to operate the site

smart!

we had to apply? i don't remember that either
and they rejected you? that sucks! why?

still.trucking

Post by still.trucking » June 10th, 2009, 11:01 am

Litkicks still rocks for me, I enjoy reading my friends who still post there. I am not wanted there. I got no problem with that. I may be an idiot but I saw the light.

RE: the writer's workshop

As I remember he sent me an email saying he was having trouble at litkicks. I suppose someone did not want me in the workshop. But what pissed him off was when I mentioned "trouble at litkicks" in a post. He felt as if I had betrayed a confidence.

Iasked him to please accept the twenty bucks as a donation.

Strange how that one post from flames shows up on that archive. If you go to the flames board and try to open any other link you get a 404 URL message.

I feel special.

Waiting for the bug man to come
Might as well jam

you would not believe the size of these texas cockroaches. Sometimes when I wake up at night it looks like the furniture is moving.

Free Rice

Return to “~GO!”