Hobobun

On-going spontaneous Word Jams.
WIREMAN

Re: Hobobun

Post by WIREMAN » November 17th, 2015, 7:05 pm

Jack on a train....me reading him, naked in his angelness.....Eliot ness the untouchable....there are a million stories in the naked city....more....more....more....dinosaurs!....just pops in my mind....1st thought'n it tonight, never did dig a bunch of 2nd guessing myself.....most times I'd end up with a crumpled piece of paper....papillon....Paloma ....Picasso.....a nut or what....maybe a Machiavelli.....max Ernst now there's a name from the past....talk about influences, I damn near worshipped his art....the same with Gauguin, another one of those, I guess you'd call it a bukowski....not a politically correct cat in these times....

How many drags
The smoke rises from past
Downhill racer
me I feel like I'm becoming some kinda Kung fu t.v. Priest.....

WIREMAN

Post by WIREMAN » November 21st, 2015, 7:10 pm

......a day to remember ....the date (November 21st) etched in my mind....a phone call, awakened at dawn....I thought it was the car rental company....but no, it was my nephew Travis .....I knew the news but listened, "mom died at 6:20 am."......silence....

That moment comes
An eternity within a grain
Novembers chill

The writer in me....me in the writer....a mode, a character acting out from some obsessed need to tap upon the pages of cyber screen....reading Henry Miller this evening.....music wafting up from below at the Cuban restaurant, the heat on, fan blowing away.....away, where did you go dear sister?....the road lingers....thoughts of other sides and mysteries I'll never know.....but now you do dear sister......if you don't it really didn't matter anyway.....

John Lee Hooker sang, "when I die, where I go, nobody knows, nobody knows....."

saw

Post by saw » November 26th, 2015, 3:11 pm

beautiful personal story mark, thank you for sharing...in a most eloquent way
If you do not change your direction
you may end up where you are heading

saw

Post by saw » November 26th, 2015, 3:12 pm

beautiful personal story mark, thank you for sharing...in a most eloquent way

WIREMAN

Post by WIREMAN » November 26th, 2015, 4:18 pm

thanks steve 8)

....it hurts, most likely will stay with me forever....services dec. 4th next friday....might have to work in the morning...always work....always need to keep that job...pay for health insurance....the rent....the food...the lifestyle.....the debt of a lifetime.....

never depressing
always pages turnin
chilly fall breezes

......i do it to myself, i guess.....but i know problems will arise, at work i'm saying...so endure & stay vigilent, hold my position.....its a fight to survive....you have to look around the corners.....see things coming.....oh i could say fuck it all.....but where would that get me?....so i persevere and go on with the journey, alone....all of the women i ever really loved gone....mom....susie....carole jean.....the ones i could count on, if you know what i mean....it's a lonely situation I find myself in, but i'll get by....i'll write....i'll wire sculpt....play my instruments.....till it's my time to exit stage right....

tomorrow always tomorrow
throw yourself into a tidal wave
spin and spin infinitely

saw

Post by saw » November 27th, 2015, 8:51 pm

it can be wicked
aging on this planet
it can devour your old bones

prematurely
by all reasonable measures, I mean with modern medicine....oh, that's right, you can't afford health care..republicants tell me it's not a right...it's a fucking privilege for silver spooned
princesses, and long donged earls, that like to fuck with old people...wanna take away that fund I paid into for 40 some years....soulless bastards they are...mongrel faux christians
with bloody fangs....and we don't know WHERE that mouth has been.....twerps in 8 piece suits, counting all the accouterments, billy club, taser, glock, pepper spray, razor, etc. etc.

the geezer squad
is viscous, mean, and unrelenting
bounty hunters with bad asses and breath

WIREMAN

Post by WIREMAN » November 27th, 2015, 11:31 pm

halfway through holiday
pliers twist and turn the wire
night falls quick

....moving on....i buy pliers....8 inch needle nose, 8 inch diagonal, and 9 inch diagonal to take for work...the wire twists and turns tentacle upon tentacle, 8 in all added to a ghost like casper face, 2 eyes peering at the viewer....i wire it up and Valerie says she wants it....what will i make next???
Attachments
image.jpg
wire octopus.....28x13

Arcadia

Post by Arcadia » November 28th, 2015, 10:50 am

if Henry was there I´m sure it was a good company, wireman! (interesting to be aware about what authors or kind of books or music we relate to or even stand when a too painful moment arise). Sogyal Rimpoche & Judit Lief can wait..!

saw

Post by saw » November 28th, 2015, 2:15 pm

that's not the poem
I wanted to write
I swear to you

I just wrote the first thing , popped into my sedentary mind...and That was That , it was one damn line....one damn line, lead to another, without even thinking really....then came the next one, then the next, the next, next...the final line strutted out

like a conquering hero
it was over
before i could catch my breath

WIREMAN

Post by WIREMAN » December 1st, 2015, 5:30 pm

1st thought best
crumpled paper dreams
still raining dream

.......debussy showering the 4:22 afternoon, dark descending.....cafe closing in a half hour, a mr. pibb half gone.....distant sounds of cnn thru headphones, all about trump...chicago....christie......republican race....shootings and more shootings.....debussy beautiful....dreamy sounds to good for the news....like a rock and a hard place...reading GO by john c. holmes interesting time capsule of early 50's beat time by a straight man....trying to be a free spirit.....

all this about time
never changing landscape
scenario of rain

saw

Post by saw » December 2nd, 2015, 10:37 am

too nasty for cleaning
leaves from gutters that overflow
19 cm of rain in India in one day

the world is bursting at the seems, the Marshall Islands going underwater, California is burning up, the polar bears are like the Last Mohicans , drifting on tiny islands of melting ice...I am aware of all this but cannot live there, I wish I could stop it all, but I am but one tiny voice in a sea of men thrown overboard...i might take you on at a party if I've had enough to drink, but i probably will avoid you climate deniers, strike up a conversation about music or art, and when I'm alone, I pluck my bass, dive into some Rumi, splatter acrylics on the wall, carve a totem from a cool piece of firewood

I'm sorry mother
I have really enjoyed my time with you
Jimi had it right, come and dig my earth

WIREMAN

Post by WIREMAN » December 5th, 2015, 11:13 pm

behind the wheel
its a small automobile
sun shining day

....friday cold morning, darkness at the break-a-dawn.....gotta get the steel up on gallery 11 @ 6 thirty, got the crane for a 1/2 hour....mission accomplished...get my guys straight about what to do, round up a ride to the parking lot and drive this little hyundai down to king george va. for susie's memorial service....its a sunny day listening to jazz and classic rock all the way...thinkin bout old times, good times, and reflecting on the past....at the funeral i saw her pictures and had a good healthy cry.....everybody cried....she was good...she will be missed...susie's at peace now, no more pain, no suffering.....i ride back numb....

that smile so wide
testomonies abounded
rest in peace dear sister

saw

Post by saw » December 6th, 2015, 1:25 pm

the pain of losing someone we love
cannot be described by mere words
only tears will do

so sad..light turned off ....but is it for good ?....Dino and I talk all the time....and it's not the same, I'll give you that....we embed a bit of all that we once cared about... in a place to be accessed at the right moments....tears are so important.....without them we bottle up dead zones, that mount into cancer of the everything....there is rebirth in the salt...understanding in the droplets that fall like warm drizzle...and our breathing changes, and our neurons open up to compassion, forgiveness, empathy...and we might thank the deceased for this gift...through bodily death we are allowed to see the spirit in all its magnificence...we are able to keep precious mementos of a sweet life

and here I am talking to all those
I have lost like they were sitting in this room
they were here alright, but no longer have any need for sitting

saw

Post by saw » December 9th, 2015, 12:05 pm

thinkin' 'bout Dino
thinkin' about my niece Keri
both on the other side of things
wondering if they are hanging out
getting ready for the holidaze
maybe that's no big deal in the world
of vapors, maybe all you need are eyes
to look below, wink like clouds
at the hikers by the lake, morph
into nimbus faces, spray a little mist
on the burning heads still attached
to the earth, maybe there is no more pain
no more stress from the tugs
of responsibility, maybe they are
living in a state of profound peace
Well, ....that's what i want to believe
and fantasy is the same as reality
to a dreamer with love in his heart

the mingo

Post by the mingo » December 11th, 2015, 8:57 am

Worked with a man yesterday, a man of dust & earth. We discussed Christ then dug four post holes for a deck the man wants to put at the entrance of his house. His house at the end of nowhere, just this side of where the pavement ends. He keeps three huge dogs, has a large van, a Cadillac, & a tandem bike whose chain is rusted solid. He offered to give me the bike on the condition that if I later sold it he was to get half.

I kept an eye out for haiku & other poems while I was working there but found none which led me to believe I was already living inside a poem and that it could not be improved upon.

Today the plan is to build a set of stairs. I'm bringing a cheese sandwich for lunch and a jug of coffee. Life on Tug Hill Plateau -

Every day the struggle for money & love - all of us born from it, caught in it, held tight by it, with old age to prepare us and death to release us, otherwise we'd never let go.

today a raven
flying south over the river
gave off three croaks
for the world
Doll, you may have found a place of rest but I'm still on the trail.

Return to “~GO!”