Factotum Is Being Made Into A Movie!!!!

Discuss books & films.
Dave The Dov

Factotum Is Being Made Into A Movie!!!!

Post by Dave The Dov » January 11th, 2005, 6:30 pm

Here's what I've found out about it.
This movie was based on the book Factotum by Charles Bukowski.
This drama centers on a jack-of-all-trades who wanders around Los Angeles trying to live off jobs which don't interfere with his primary interests - women, drinking, gambling and writing.
Last edited by Dave The Dov on March 8th, 2009, 8:01 am, edited 1 time in total.

e_dog

Post by e_dog » January 11th, 2005, 11:43 pm

apparently Buk didn't like the job done with Barfly (which caused him to write his book about Hollywood), but are saying they are really making a new flick adapted from Buk?
I don't think 'Therefore, I am.' Therefore, I am.

perezoso

Post by perezoso » January 12th, 2005, 12:08 am

Bukowski is a favorite of Ho-wood thespians (and thespian pretenders) and musico morons who like to think they are "literary," man, for having read a few poems by Buk one hungover morning in Venice....Barfly wasn't terrible, but Rourke was a bit too dim, also a bit cleancut and pleasant really--Bukowski was a badass, did time, screwed euro whores, especially when younger, and a real bum and alcoholic at points, and he woulda cut the throats of most poetry boys....and his stuff is not always that great, but it's the authentic LA street voice .....real Bukowski fans ought to boycott any more of Ho-wood's cashing in on Buk's name ...

how writers succeed in LA--once they're dead they become marketable---ie, beats, PK Dick, Chandler, etc.

beat_fan

Post by beat_fan » January 16th, 2005, 3:04 pm

It would be quite a challenge to capture Bukowski's sardonic tone cinematically. I would be shocked if the filmmakers could pull it off.

Axanderdeath

Post by Axanderdeath » January 17th, 2005, 3:19 pm

perezoso wrote:Bukowski is a favorite of Ho-wood thespians (and thespian pretenders) and musico morons who like to think they are "literary," man, for having read a few poems by Buk one hungover morning in Venice....Barfly wasn't terrible, but Rourke was a bit too dim, also a bit cleancut and pleasant really--Bukowski was a badass, did time, screwed euro whores, especially when younger, and a real bum and alcoholic at points, and he woulda cut the throats of most poetry boys....and his stuff is not always that great, but it's the authentic LA street voice .....real Bukowski fans ought to boycott any more of Ho-wood's cashing in on Buk's name ...

how writers succeed in LA--once they're dead they become marketable---ie, beats, PK Dick, Chandler, etc.
what is up your ass. What makes you think you have a higher understanding to things. What gives you this insight? I think holly wood is pretty fucking stupid too but man why do you have to act like your the only person that sees it for the shit that it is. You saw barfly, so you are a ho-wooder I guess? Right. I want to know this Pez boy what do you have that is so fucking great. I want to read somthing by you that is not a bunch of crap and ripping in to other people for having opions that don't go along with yours!

perezoso

Post by perezoso » January 17th, 2005, 4:53 pm

Hick:

Helpful hint: When you see the laser, duck.

Axanderdeath

Post by Axanderdeath » January 17th, 2005, 5:04 pm

perezoso wrote:Hick:

Helpful hint: When you see the laser, duck.
read my story on REjection slip
i want to hear what you have to say. please...

perezoso

Post by perezoso » January 17th, 2005, 5:09 pm

I'm not involved in some "dialogue" with you, clown. Let's put it this way: even Chas. Bukowski ( who I doubt you have read) had some education and discipline. Writers are made, not born. It takes time and work. I suggest you take that Shakespeare 101 course at old La Putain du Kanuckia Community College or whatever....

Axanderdeath

Post by Axanderdeath » January 17th, 2005, 5:15 pm

perezoso wrote:I'm not involved in some "dialogue" with you, clown. Let's put it this way: even Chas. Bukowski ( who I doubt you have read) had some education and discipline. Writers are made, not born. It takes time and work. I suggest you take that Shakespeare 101 course at old La Putain du Kanuckia Community College or whatever....
Look I have read buk okay. Read my fucking story man. Buk had 2 years of community collage. At least that is what he said in 'ham on rye.' I agree that writing takes alot of work and your not just a writer one day without trying, but people like you don' help matters that much. I am sure that you have read alot more than me. And it is good that an american knows enough about canada to know that montreal is a french city. I am in dialog with you so read the story and give me your fuck opinion okay. I am not going to let you think your above me.

Axanderdeath

Post by Axanderdeath » January 17th, 2005, 5:15 pm

perezoso wrote:I'm not involved in some "dialogue" with you, clown. Let's put it this way: even Chas. Bukowski ( who I doubt you have read) had some education and discipline. Writers are made, not born. It takes time and work. I suggest you take that Shakespeare 101 course at old La Putain du Kanuckia Community College or whatever....
Look I have read buk okay. Read my fucking story man. Buk had 2 years of community collage. At least that is what he said in 'ham on rye.' I agree that writing takes alot of work and your not just a writer one day without trying, but people like you don' help matters that much. I am sure that you have read alot more than me. And it is good that an american knows enough about canada to know that montreal is a french city. I am in dialog with you so read the story and give me your fuck opinion okay. I am not going to let you think your above me.

perezoso

Post by perezoso » January 17th, 2005, 5:38 pm

Who told you that literature was either important or "true"?

Maybe the best thing you could do is a Stats class, Mssr. Bete.

Axanderdeath

Post by Axanderdeath » January 17th, 2005, 5:41 pm

perezoso wrote:Who told you that literature was either important or "true"?

Maybe the best thing you could do is a Stats class, Mssr. Bete.
pere the truth is I have to go to work. So you read that story and tell me what you think. k bud? And I ll think abou the stats class. thanks for the hint.

Return to “Literature & Film”