summer films 2009

Discuss books & films.
Arcadia

summer films 2009

Post by Arcadia » January 19th, 2009, 9:45 am

rainy and semi-cool yesterday for a while after a saturday with near 40ºC and a whole day in the islands. This is the result of a tv with cable and more or less three and a half sandwich-hours in the afternoon... wanderings through Europa-Europa and Encuentro channels!!!!!! :lol: Enjoy!!

. "Love´s labour´s lost" (the last more or less thirty minutes) a mix of Fred Astaire, Ginger Rogers, Gene Kelly, Shakespeare, last century wars and millenium atmosphere. Sweet!!!!!

. "El silencio": not Bergman´s but iranian director Mohsen Makhmalbalf delicious film!. I love that music from Tayikistan??!!!!!!!. There are a lot of links to the film in internet. Here´s one: www.canalok.com/cine/elsilencio.htm. I´ll search for Gabbeh in videoteca as soon I´ll be near there.

. "Seis millones de otros" (more or less the last thirty minutes) a documentary film where people of different parts of the world are asked in very-very first planes about their childhood´s memories and dreams. So simple and so moving!. I remember a web address but I couldn´t open it, maybe it´s not at all correct. www.6millonesdeotros.org

Arcadia

Post by Arcadia » February 3rd, 2009, 12:44 pm

. Charlie and the chocolate factory: also on cable tv. Sometimes dangerously bordering acid, dark, colorful and also sweet. I loved it! :D

(since this week and maybe for some months I will have at home tv cable with my new internet service, I was simply tired of Arnet)

Arcadia

Post by Arcadia » February 23rd, 2009, 11:23 am

. Vicky Cristina Barcelona (at the cinema), I liked it more than the last two W. Allen´s ones, it made me laugh one or two two times and also smile! :)

. Sophia Coppola´s Perdidos en Tokio (on tv cable), a quite old film, I liked it a lot, more than I had thought! :D

Arcadia

Post by Arcadia » March 2nd, 2009, 8:51 pm

. Just some hours ago, with my sobrinos : "Cuentos que no son cuentos" (Bedtime stories in english). We laughed a lot, an it was the first time Emilia saw a film until the end in the cinema!!!!! :)

Arcadia

Post by Arcadia » March 9th, 2009, 2:35 pm

"Big Torino": not precisely too politic-correct! :shock: . Bordering too verosímil, too heroic, too cathartic, too in context also. Too stupid, too smart, too rough? maybe! (it made me want to strangle for some moments both the old man and his family with the latin/chinese or something like that band! :lol: )

Arcadia

Post by Arcadia » April 13th, 2009, 9:46 pm

I tried to see a copy a friend sent me of Bergman´s "(las?) buenas intenciones" with not success, it seems something is not installed correctly yet in my computer, I´ll try it later but the summer is over so this thread!!!!! :lol: :)

Return to “Literature & Film”