Iberia

Discuss books & films.
Arcadia

Iberia

Post by Arcadia » November 18th, 2008, 12:07 pm

a Carlos Saura film. Both, music & dance, beautiful!.

(I´ll google the music composer, totally unknown by me until I saw the film)

mtmynd

Post by mtmynd » December 12th, 2008, 7:37 pm

Seattle International Film Festival - David Jeffers for SIFFblog.com, 20 June 2006

Few celebrations of ethnic and cultural identity succeed as mightily as Carlos Saura's brilliant interpretation of Isaac Albeniz' masterpiece Iberia Suite. At the approach of its centennial, Saura drew together an unprecedented wealth of talent from the Spanish performing arts community to create this quintessential love song to their homeland. The twelve "impressions" of the suite are presented without narrative in stark surroundings, allowing the power of each performance to explode before Saura's camera. Creative use of large flats and mirrors, moved throughout the set, combined with screens, shadows, fire, rain and rear projection add glorious dramatic effects to the varied selections of song, dance and instrumental performance. Photographs of Albeniz reappear throughout the program, connecting the passion of the music to its great creator. Saura encompasses all Spaniards on his stage from the beautiful elegance of elderly flamenco dancers in traditional costume to children joyously dancing with their instructors.
Translation:

Pocas celebraciones de la identidad étnica y cultural muchísimo éxito como Carlos Saura, como la brillante interpretación de Isaac Albéniz "obra maestra Suite Iberia. En el enfoque de su centenario, señaló Saura, junto una riqueza sin precedentes de talento español a partir de la comunidad de las artes escénicas para crear esta quintaesencia canción de amor a su patria. Las doce "impresiones" de la suite se presentan sin descripción cruda en los alrededores, permitiendo que el poder de cada actuación antes de explotar a la cámara de Saura. El uso creativo de los grandes pisos y espejos, se trasladó todo el conjunto, combinado con pantallas, sombras, fuego, lluvia y posterior proyección gloriosa añadir efectos dramáticos a las diversas selecciones de la canción, la danza y la ejecución instrumental. Fotografías de Albeniz reaparecer a lo largo del programa, la conexión de la pasión de la música a su gran creador. Saura abarca todos los españoles en su etapa de la hermosa elegancia de los bailarines de flamenco de edad en traje tradicional a los niños joyously bailando con sus instructores.

Arcadia

Post by Arcadia » February 3rd, 2009, 12:49 pm

gracias Cecil!

have you seen it?

mtmynd

Post by mtmynd » February 3rd, 2009, 1:01 pm

not yet, 'V'... but I am very slow to rent movies, sometimes getting years behind before I see one I wanted to see. :lol:

'Casa de Areia' (House of Sand) con Fernanda Montenegro ... have you seen that? Excelente!!!!

Arcadia

Post by Arcadia » February 9th, 2009, 8:24 pm

:lol:

casa de arena? no idea Cecil, I´ll google it & I´ll also ask in the dvd rent store!! :wink:

now is Saura´s Fado in our cinemas!!!!!!! I want to see it if stays until the weekend!!!!!! I´ll tell you later!!

mtmynd

Post by mtmynd » February 9th, 2009, 10:09 pm

casa de arena?

no, 'V'... Casa de AreIA. check it out. you will like it.

Return to “Literature & Film”