Slumdog millionaire

Discuss books & films.
hester_prynne

Slumdog millionaire

Post by hester_prynne » February 8th, 2009, 2:12 am

Went and saw this movie tonight...it was very compelling. The music was fantastic. It was hard to stay on the level of the Gameshow part for me, I mean the story was such a vivid contrasting of good guy/ bad guy, the underlying theme being how do I survive.
It opened my mind.
H 8)
"I am a victim of society, and, an entertainer"........DW

Dave The Dov

Post by Dave The Dov » February 8th, 2009, 7:34 am

That game show level will make the movie win for best picture. Arrrgghhh!!!! I can stand it when it reaches to that!!!!

Arcadia

Post by Arcadia » March 9th, 2009, 2:26 pm

yeah, it won! how you knew it? :lol: people here applauded at the end of the film in the cinema... kind of weird for me, I wasn´t in the mood for applauses... I liked the somehow both sides funny Taj Mahal scene, I would skip-ed the cruel first scenes, I thought in the street-kids of my city, I liked the face of Jamal and smiled at the possibility of a puzzle mind based on learning and a stupid society, I wondered about the postcard-like of some images of the ancient British Empire jewel...and those people dancing waiting for the next encarnation at the end... I don´t know... maybe too maya-like for me!!!!... well, I´m not hindi anyway... I would like to know how this film was read by people from India, just curious. Interesting! :)

Return to “Literature & Film”