Do Single Women Seek Attached Men?

Hang out. Talk trash.
stilltrucking

Do Single Women Seek Attached Men?

Post by stilltrucking » October 7th, 2009, 4:11 pm

According to a recent poll, most women who engage in mate poaching do not think the attached status of the target played a role in their poaching decision, but our study shows this belief to be false. Single women in this study were significantly more interested in the target when he was attached. This may be because an attached man has demonstrated his ability to commit and in some ways his qualities have already been ‘‘pre-screened” by another woman...

Researchers have debated for years whether men or women are likelier to engage in “mate poaching.” Some surveys indicated that men had a stronger tendency to go after other people’s partners, but was that just because men were more likely to admit engaging in this behavior? Now there’s experimental evidence that single women are particularly drawn to other people’s partners, according to a report in the Journal of Experimental Social Psychology by two social psychologists, Melissa Burkley and Jessica Parker of Oklahoma State University.

the rest of the story

SadLuckDame

Post by SadLuckDame » October 7th, 2009, 4:39 pm

I'm interested in the comments to this.

That said, I've no idea. I haven't man hunted in ten years, and prior to that they were all single bachelors, musicians, hippies.

I guess I wouldn't know.

Every guy I know is in one of the bands with my ex. And all married, but cheating, divorced and cheating, father of three different womens children and married, or never going to get married.
`Do you know, I was so angry, Kitty,' Alice went on...`when I saw all the mischief you had been doing, I was very nearly opening the window, and putting you out into the snow! And you'd have deserved it, you
little mischievous darling!
~Lewis Carroll

Doreen Peri
Site Admin

Post by Doreen Peri » October 7th, 2009, 4:39 pm

The problem when you get to be my age is that most men in an age bracket which would be considered suitable for companionship for a woman my age, are already attached.

Which makes it pretty difficult for women my age.

That said, I treasure sisterhood and I feel awful when I flirt with another woman's man.

(sometimes it happens, but I feel really bad about it! :shock: :D )

Also, I'm with SLD about the cheating. Seems to me most men cheat. I make sure I'm not one of the women they cheat with, though.

But sometimes a flirt leaks out, as I said. Single men my age are a rare breed.

stilltrucking

Post by stilltrucking » October 7th, 2009, 7:11 pm

I was thinking about the little girl that stole your boy friend in elementary school doreen. Do you remember that one? I been looking for the post but I can't find it. You were upset with the boy but I wondered about the girl that did it.

I will have to search for it. It must have been two or three years ago. I may have totally screwed the memory of what happened.

I think men will never understand women as well as women understand women. That is so obvious, but I am just realizing it. I suppose the reverse maybe true. But women are more complex than men. That is also obvious. I think "I have a flair for the obvious"

Yes but article was not about women cheating on their husbands. It was about single women cheating with other women's husbands. Not necessarily husbands, but partners, mates, boyfriends. About unattached women and attached men.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/qGEubdH8m0s&hl ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/qGEubdH8m0s&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

SadLuckDame

Post by SadLuckDame » October 7th, 2009, 7:25 pm

We should run our own test.

Show Doreen and I a picture of an available single guy and an available taken one.

Then we can choose. :P
`Do you know, I was so angry, Kitty,' Alice went on...`when I saw all the mischief you had been doing, I was very nearly opening the window, and putting you out into the snow! And you'd have deserved it, you
~Lewis Carroll

Doreen Peri
Site Admin

Post by Doreen Peri » October 7th, 2009, 8:48 pm

Jack, I'll save you the trouble of searching. I'll tell the story again. I was in kindergarten. I was 5 years old. My neighbor used to walk with me to the bus. He was a boy. I had a crush on him at 5 years old. One day he got off the bus and was walking another little girl home. I cried and went up to him and hauled off and hit him! Hahahaha! :D Don't get me wrong, I'm not proud of this. Just saying it was the GUY, the MALE, not the girl, who clearly instigated this new kindergarten relationship and I'm sure his behavior has continued through the years. The fricking cheater! (Don't get me wrong, we weren't married or anything. He had no commitment to me but it's only POLITE to say to a girl, "Is it OK with you if I walk home Gloria today? Gloria is also my friend." to which a girl would reply, "Sure! Go ahead!" But to not even TELL me or ask me? It was a shock, I tell you! A shock for this five-year-old heart!" NO no no... the girl did NOT initiate this relationship! It was the BOY who did it! Men are almost always the initiators in such things.

lol.. I can't stop laughing... such a stupid little story about young children. What does this really have to do with adult people? Not much, I don't think. I was just a little immature child is all.

SLD said...
We should run our own test.

Show Doreen and I a picture of an available single guy and an available taken one.

Then we can choose.
And I say... YES!!!! Please do!

:lol:

stilltrucking

Post by stilltrucking » October 7th, 2009, 9:07 pm

I figured I got it all mixed up, thanks for posting the details again. Wow you punched him out. Did I tell you about the little girl that beat me up in a truck stop?

Okay here goes

Batchelor? number one
Dallas Texas

Batchelor? number two
Paris France.

Doreen Peri
Site Admin

Post by Doreen Peri » October 7th, 2009, 9:18 pm

If I remember correctly (and I was only 5-years-old so who knows whether my memory is correct... it was a long time ago)... I hauled off and hit him in the arm, without SAYING anything.. then ran to my house crying. Nobody knew what I was even angry about.

I'll pass on both.

Bachelor #1 looks like my lesbian friend, Janis.

Bachelor #2 looks like my second ex-husband.

:mrgreen:

SadLuckDame

Post by SadLuckDame » October 7th, 2009, 9:28 pm

Shall we encourage women choices instead?
~Lewis Carroll

stilltrucking

Post by stilltrucking » October 7th, 2009, 9:35 pm

First one is goerge w. bush photoshopped
second is the hunchback of Notre Dame.

It is a good story Doreen. I know what you mean about those childhood memories. "If it didn't happen it could of" Ken Kesey.

Took me years of talking to my sister to set her straight on what happened to her when she was nine. I was twelve years older than her and I remember events she was not aware of. She thought her mother did nothing about it. My sister could use a sister. only so much a brother can do.

RE: the little girl in the truck stop who beat me up.
I was kneeling down looking at something on the bottom shelf when she came over to me right out of the blue and started hitting me. Not good estimating ages but I guess three or four at the oldest, maybe younger. She was beating on me with her fists with all the strength in her tiny body.
I could hardly feel the blows though. I had to smile, everyone was laughing. I don't know what her beef was. Maybe I reminded her of someone.

Return to “Trailerpark”