i wear rainboots in the shower
my house sinks into quicksand
my heart pumps modicums of blood
if it's thursday, i must have lived a week
kibbutz sated, kibbutz baited
kibbutzation

Artguy

Post by Artguy » December 10th, 2009, 9:29 am

Life on the Kibbutz...is no kibitzing around.... 8)

judih
Site Admin

Post by judih » December 10th, 2009, 11:27 am

those were the days, man
those were the kibbitzing fucking days

the mingo

Post by the mingo » December 10th, 2009, 12:15 pm

Some days I just run around shouting at the top of my lungs, "I am Arturo Bandini ! I am Arturo Bandini ! It's as good as chanting. Other days I just fantasize that right at any given moment Joni Mitchell is getting out of my car, closing the passenger door I can hear it click shut I can hear it click shut I can hear it click shut and I watch her walk toward her house with her house keys dangling from her fingers. That works.
Then there is shotgun therapy. Ya take a shotgun and a pocket full of shells and gather up all the plastic containers lying around. Take a black marker and write on the containers, a single word, anger, frustration, boredom, the asshole who cut you off at the crossroads, love, government, stupidity, whatever. Then go about placing your named containers on top of stone walls, in the crotches of trees, or on the ground. Anywhere. Then, and this is the fun part, you lock and load and Boom BOOM BOOM BOOMBOMBOOM!!!!! It's very very satisfying. I often come back from such excursions a new man. Or at the very least a CLEAN one. I've faced my demons and blown them back to kingdom fucking come. YEAH! And last,but not least, (I can't resist, I'm SO weak) I whip the horse's eyes and make them sleep and cry.

Angel, spread your wings.
Doll, you may have found a place of rest but I'm still on the trail.

judih
Site Admin

Post by judih » December 11th, 2009, 12:32 am

mingo you need to put these ideas in a self-help sanity book.
i love everything, especially joni's keys.
(if i shot things around here, someone would pull the war siren and things would get even jumpier - so, i'd need to morph that brilliant release into something involving fewer decibels)

i'm josiane sokolov, josiane sokolov you fools! how dare you not settle down when i come into the room!
do you know who i am?
do you?
Of course you do.
Now, straighten up this mess and behave!

...thnx ming, oh

stilltrucking

Post by stilltrucking » December 11th, 2009, 5:51 am

Woodbine New Jersey
15 Acres and a Shul
http://www.vanguardnewsnetwork.com/wolz ... Hirsch.htm
I don't think they called it a kibbutz
but a commune
My mother was born there

A Jew boy in the promised land courtesey of Baron De Hirsch
He sent some to America
Some to Argentina
I could have been a goucho

It could be the south of France
or on the beach at Coney Island
it is all home to somebody

Orange Blossom therapy
orange you grateful
these are my good old days

stilltrucking

Post by stilltrucking » December 11th, 2009, 12:16 pm

groucho oucho gaúcho

Artguy

Post by Artguy » December 11th, 2009, 1:28 pm

Kibbitzing on Coney island with Ferlinghetti..................oh the ferris wheel of my mind spins with timelessness...take a shot win a kewpie doll...stroll the boardwalk...Russian dolls hopping along...breathe out and let it all goooooooooooo......

Steve Plonk

Post by Steve Plonk » May 21st, 2010, 4:53 pm

This might seem like a dumb question. But do most kibbutzes have walls/fences to keep out intruders? Ignorant American wants to know...

judih
Site Admin

Post by judih » May 21st, 2010, 10:43 pm

We have a fence around the periphery of the residential part of the kibbutz and 2 gates (north and south). You enter if you know someone who opens the gate for you, or if you're a bus driver, or a delivery truck or if the guard agrees. Outside of the fenced off area are our fields and orchards.

We're fenced to protect property, machinery and residents.

And we have a security situation. We don't want terrorists to come on in and shoot us. this is not a 'gated community' in the North American sense of elitism. This is gated for protection.

Not that I think that a small thing like a fence or a gate actually deters would-be infiltrators, but it's a start.

Steve Plonk

Post by Steve Plonk » May 27th, 2010, 6:49 pm

Very interesting... Oh, by the way, I read about you seeing your first quassam (sic). Was that a rocket? If it was, that was pretty scary...I guess you probably have bomb shelters, etc. I saw it in the "eyewitness forum" and I am really sympathetic about the situation in Israel...for some odd reason, I didn't think your area was so close to Gaza.

Gaza looks like a big palestinian slum to me. I don't see how anyone lives there. Have there been many attacks since 2005? We sort of get
news blackouts here and there has been little coverage lately. Once again, my heart goes out to all Israelis. Hope that you have a great
harvest at your kibbutz this year. We are just now getting over a drought here in Tennessee, USA. We still need more rain, but at least a river runs through it.

judih
Site Admin

Post by judih » May 27th, 2010, 10:48 pm

steve - we had almost constant continual attacks from 2001 - 2009, which is why the war began last year (and to bring home Gilad Shalit - a kidnapped soldier - who is still being held by hamas)

Since last year, we've had only a few direct attacks, but other areas have experienced more. "Since January 18, the end of Operation Cast Lead, over 310 rockets, missiles, and mortars have been fired at Israeli citizens."

Due to your question, I was forced to face facts. Read this page which summarizes the attacks on Israel.
http://sderotmedia.org.il/bin/content.c ... 9&q=6&s=16

It's easier to simply sit back and hope the peacock doesn't shriek after the sound of a boom. Peacocks are nervous little creatures, and freak out at serious vibrations.

by the way, Steve, if you belong to facebook, i've got a series of photos of the day we received a security room - how the concrete block was lowered down and guided onto our house.

The kibbutz is just about finished the process of receiving shelters attached to our houses. Before this, and during the last war, we were told to try to run to a neighbourhood shelter. In the case of incoming rockets (qassams) or mortar fire, there is a warning which gives up to 15 seconds to run for cover. Now, if we happen to be home during such a warning, we can just walk into our own shelter.

In this area, our schools are fortified so students are safe during school hours.

Steve Plonk

Post by Steve Plonk » May 30th, 2010, 10:03 pm

May God give you...
For every storm, a rainbow,
For every tear, a smile,
For every care, a promise,
And a blessing in each trial.
For every problem life sends,
A faithful friend to share,
For every sigh, a sweet song,
And an answer for each prayer.

**An old Irish Prayer

judih
Site Admin

Post by judih » May 30th, 2010, 10:36 pm

a song to soothe an anxious heart
listen to joni sing Refuge of the Road

It's a song she wrote for Chögyam Trungpa. “He snapped me out of [cocaine use]"

WIREMAN

Post by WIREMAN » May 31st, 2010, 6:38 pm

damn...i did not know this......
me I feel like I'm becoming some kinda Kung fu t.v. Priest.....

Return to “judih's Inner Jams”