in the beginning was the word

Truckin'. Still truckin'...

Moderator: stilltrucking

still.trucking

in the beginning was the word

Post by still.trucking » December 9th, 2009, 11:11 am

<center>In the beginning was the word and the word was recursive</center>

The Most Beautiful Construction in All Mathematics

From that point on, it's a one way street: God now has a powerful tool at his disposal: Mathematics, with which He can generate pretty much all of reality and characterize existence down to any desirable detail by using Applied Mathematics to model it. The second Big-Bang occurs and the universe follows... The rest is history.

The sequential birth of everything from V: G=S(V), F=S(G), 3=S(F), 4=S(3),...,...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
John 1:1-3: "1: In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. 2: He was with God in the beginning. 3: Through him all things were made; without him nothing was made that has been made."
Colossians 1:15-16: "15: He is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn over all creation. 16: For by him all things were created: things in heaven and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or powers or rulers or authorities; all things were created by him and for him."

Hebrews 1:5-6: "5: For to which of the angels did God ever say, "You are my Son; today I have become your Father? Or again, "I will be his Father, and he will be my Son"? 6: And again, when God brings his firstborn into the world, he says, "Let all God's angels worship him.""

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Tao Te Ching: (tr. Mair 1990:9): "The Way (nothingness) gave birth to unity (God), Unity gave birth to duality (Firstborn), Duality gave birth to trinity, Trinity gave birth to the myriad creatures.".
Tao Te Ching, Chapter 40: "All of creation is born from substance. Substance is born of nothingness..."

Tao Te Ching, Chapter 42: "Tao begets One; one begets two; two begets three; three begets all things."

Pythagoreans: "void exists, and it enters the heaven from the unlimited breath – it, so to speak, breathes in void. The void distinguishes the natures of things, since it is the thing that separates and distinguishes the successive terms in a series. This happens in the first case of numbers; for the void distinguishes their nature."
Diogenes Laertius: "...from the monad evolved the dyad; from it numbers; from numbers, points; then lines, two-dimensional entities, three-dimensional entities, bodies, culminating in the four elements earth, water, fire and air, from which the rest of our world is built up..."

Pythagorean School Motto: "All is Number".

Back to Mathematics
"Natural selection, as it has operated in human history, favors not only the clever but the murderous." Barbara Ehrenreich

Free Rice

still.trucking

Post by still.trucking » December 9th, 2009, 12:59 pm

Father forgive me because I can't do the math.
So many more people alive today than ever before. So many more saints and sinners.
So many more one percenters.
at the tail ends of the curve.
"Natural selection, as it has operated in human history, favors not only the clever but the murderous." Barbara Ehrenreich

Free Rice

still.trucking

Post by still.trucking » December 9th, 2009, 1:09 pm

Free Rice

stilltrucking

Post by stilltrucking » December 9th, 2009, 6:47 pm

I guess it makes no sense unless...

SadLuckDame

Post by SadLuckDame » December 12th, 2009, 1:05 am

I can't do the math either,
I was lost in that chart.
But, the island was in CA.
I keep dreaming about California with all it's places I want to visit one day, starting with San Fran, route 1, Big Sur, up the coast, down the road and even catch a baseball game..
`Do you know, I was so angry, Kitty,' Alice went on...`when I saw all the mischief you had been doing, I was very nearly opening the window, and putting you out into the snow! And you'd have deserved it, you
little mischievous darling!
~Lewis Carroll

stilltrucking

Post by stilltrucking » December 12th, 2009, 7:43 pm

<center>"Dux femina facti" </center><center> [A woman was the leader of the enterprise.]— VIRGIL, The Aeneid</center>

Whenever a man stands up and proclaims himself as something special, unequaled in the world, we naturally become a little wary. Yet humankind as a whole has long been doing exactly that, proclaiming ourselves as special creatures for a long list of reasons. There have, of course, been some rude setbacks to our self-esteem. The sun turned out not to revolve around us after all, but we got used to that. And then Darwin explained how one animal species evolves into a new type of animal--and did it so convincingly that many educated people have put aside their seemingly natural notions that humans were specially created in a manner quite unlike ordinary animals. There is something built into our brains which makes us curious about our origins. We make up stories and try them out for size. We (at least in science) eventually discard most of those stories in favor of other ones that fit the facts better.

The Throwing Madonna: Reflections on women and technology in pre-history

No matter how eloquently a dog may bark, he cannot tell you that his parents were poor but honest.

BERTRAND RUSSELL
NEUROLINGUISTICS

jackofnightmares

Post by jackofnightmares » December 12th, 2009, 9:39 pm

Was there really a Barbie Doll that said "Math is Too Hard"
"Skepticism is the chastity of the intellect" Santayana The Idea of Christ in the Gospels

SadLuckDame

Post by SadLuckDame » December 12th, 2009, 11:07 pm

I don't know Jack. My favorite Barbie was a Hawaiian, long black haired, Barbie. Tropical Barbie, that's it. I still have her.

I could handle Math till Algebra. Geometry was cake then, but Algebra was odd, I couldn't get the connection needed to understand formulas. It's strange, I go against logic, but I depend on it in some areas. No clue why.
`Do you know, I was so angry, Kitty,' Alice went on...`when I saw all the mischief you had been doing, I was very nearly opening the window, and putting you out into the snow! And you'd have deserved it, you
little mischievous darling!
~Lewis Carroll

jackofnightmares

Post by jackofnightmares » December 12th, 2009, 11:17 pm

We all got quirky brains in one way or another, for me it is music. Just don't get it, but I love to listen.

I keep hearing it said that music is math or math is music but I don't get that either. That is my path I think, "the way of not getting it"
"Skepticism is the chastity of the intellect" Santayana The Idea of Christ in the Gospels

Return to “Asylum for the Terminally Vain”