Post by stilltrucking » February 28th, 2010, 1:28 pm

I am thinking about starting a virual graveyard

Tombstones

mtmynd

Post by mtmynd » February 28th, 2010, 3:55 pm

whoa... this is timely. :lol:

SadLuckDame

Post by SadLuckDame » March 1st, 2010, 8:53 am

Spent the night here, read and read it, and would like to return.
Neither would I like to be cremated, I've a fear there and just as you'd mentioned about just in case. I know I don't want fancy, if I don't now then I don't think I'd want it then. What I'd prefer is a genuine showing, even if it means only a handful of people.
`Do you know, I was so angry, Kitty,' Alice went on...`when I saw all the mischief you had been doing, I was very nearly opening the window, and putting you out into the snow! And you'd have deserved it, you
little mischievous darling!
~Lewis Carroll

stilltrucking

Post by stilltrucking » March 1st, 2010, 11:51 pm

Neither would I like to be cremated
Me neither. I don't know why, I guess it is just superstition. Maybe the dead do know something. I had a discussion with jimboloco about that. I don't think there is anyone here who has seen more deaths than him.
Suppose the dead really do know something

Have you ever died in a dream? I had a discussion with Constantine about that.
dreamland

I guess if I had my druthers I would prefer burial at sea.

I think about Dorothy Stratten almost every time I read about another woman shot down by a jealous lover or ex husband or just an infatuated stranger. And they say the female is the more deadly of the species.

SadLuckDame

Post by SadLuckDame » March 2nd, 2010, 12:25 am

Well I'd been shot in a dream, felt it hit my chest, but I woke up, maybe I'd almost died in a dream.

This isn't the story-tale reading before bedtime stuffs, gonna be awhile until my eyes shut.

I'd invite you, but you know, gone to sea.

How many times did Peter deny the friendship?
There is this lady who drops by often, who's a Jehovah Witness, Oh man does she love to keep me out on the porch, anyway we have our talks and she's sure to challenge my mind a lot on what I can recollect of all my childhood Sunday Schooling; two days ago she had me finish the Lord's prayer with her, I'm gonna ask her about him.

It made me nuts, she brought up the question whether or not I believe there'll be peace on Earth and we got into that a bit. I tell her I just am not wanting to be binded up, I've had enough of other people's ideas for me and would rather decide what works and what doesn't, but she still drops in. She calls me her hurricane.

Sleep well u.
`Do you know, I was so angry, Kitty,' Alice went on...`when I saw all the mischief you had been doing, I was very nearly opening the window, and putting you out into the snow! And you'd have deserved it, you
little mischievous darling!
~Lewis Carroll

stilltrucking

Post by stilltrucking » March 2nd, 2010, 12:37 am

I was just coming back to add to "cow lowing" but I will put it here Bercause it is a nice image to fall asleep on I think.
Sleep tight dame.
I discovered early on that lowing cattle will immediately get up and act nonchalant if they feel people are observing them. A field of lowing cattle will quickly move to the standard cow stance if they hear a car or truck approaching. Over the years I’ve been able to observe cow lowing by building a snow blind in a handy drift. It is truly exhilarating to observe a herd of cows lowing in unison. It’s not unlike synchronized swimming. The most stunning lowing I have witnessed involved a herd of black and white Holsteins. It was like watching a swarm of disembodied black spots undulating across the snowy field.”

The unresolved mysteries of lowing are still troubling. What exactly are they trying to sneak up on? Why are they so secretive?

http://pottsc.wordpress.com/2008/11/11/126/

mtmynd

Post by mtmynd » March 2nd, 2010, 9:54 am

I know you're not taking any polls or asking for opinions of cremation, but I'll toss out my own feelings on it, if you don't mind -

Cremation is not burning up 'I' into ash, but the vessel that contains the 'I'.

The True Self is indestructible... and that's all we are, really.

When a light bulb no longer illuminates (the body), the light (electricity) does not die, but moves on... the bulb is no longer necessary, a recyclable mass of elements that returns to ash sooner or later.

stilltrucking

Post by stilltrucking » March 2nd, 2010, 11:36 am

the lid is closed
the last sense to go is hearing
I hope my sense of smell is the first to go
I hear the clumps of dirt hitting the lid I hear the worms
..........I wait patiently for "memory to leak from molecules"

All dressed up and nowhere to go
Fear is as good a reason to believe as any I suppose
It is hard work pushing up daisies. I feel the sun on my face.
as I transmute from God to God
"GOD is not mocked except by believers." St Anne of Sexton

I just want to go naturally. Who knows in ten billion years all those molecules and atoms may get back together in an egg and a sperm cell and I might get back right here with the very same social security number and typing these very words again.

It is going to be a long wait for me. I want to take the long way home. Bit by bit, molecule by molecule down to atoms and electrons I decompose and my spirit is caught up in the cosmic swirl does a grand tour of the milky way, slips on through a black whole to the other side. And out of the flux/void And into the eternal return and in a billion thousand years I come on back to the same womb.

http://www.studioeight.tv/phpbb/viewtop ... wait+worms
the Sermon of the Inanimate. "Do the inanimate preach the Doctrine?"

Ye who seek for purity and peace, go to Nature. She will give you more than ye ask. Ye who long for strength and perseverance, go to Nature. She will train and strengthen you. Ye who aspire after an ideal, go to Nature. She will help you in its realization. Ye who yearn after Enlightenment, go to Nature. She will never fail to grant your request.

http://www.xlf.ca/Samurai/The-Sermon-Of ... imate.html
I am the worst kind of jew Cecil. Assimilated. I read somewhere that cremation is not kosher. That kind of stunned me I did not know Jews believed in resurrection too. Apparently that is why the Israelis are so meticuulous about gathering up every bit of human flesh and bone after a suicide bombing. Every little bit has to be buried together so it can all be resurrected.

But I will probably wind up being cremated too. It is the cheapest way. But if I win the lotto I am going have a tombstone bigger than Cheops :wink: And one hundred satisfied women in long black veils crying over my bones. Only thing about cremation is I am worried it will be painful. :roll:

mtmynd

Post by mtmynd » March 2nd, 2010, 1:11 pm

JT: I am the worst kind of jew Cecil.

You're such a liar! :lol: All the time I've been reading your words and talkin' with you, I know you are a good, decent, thoughtful person; Jew, Xtian, Muslim, Buddhist or any other religion be damned if it makes you interfere and doubt those very qualities that make you the authentic being you truly are.

Equating cremation with 'getting burned' is not taking into account the very nerves that controlled emotions have, technically (and realistically) been shut down... no longer necessary... unplugged and waitin' for the big recycle bin.

btw: that link to your poem: good stuff... a real good read. 4 years old and will survive your cremation. ;)

Re: Apparently that is why the Israelis are so meticulous about gathering up every bit of human flesh and bone after a suicide bombing. Every little bit has to be buried together so it can all be resurrected.

That sounds really risky. How do they figure out how "every bit of human flesh and bone" belongs to the Jew or non-Jew or even which Jew? I know there is something about being buried quickly, but to determine that 'every bit' deal...? Curious.

Cultural traditions are another interesting quirk about we hu'mans, IMHO. So many cultures, so many traditions, so many societal laws to protect and defend the traditions... so many people so locked in to these things that they fear going out of the 'safety zones' and find other people living and even thriving living totally different ways... other cultural traditions. O well... life is diverse, so should our thinking be, eh?

stilltrucking

Post by stilltrucking » March 3rd, 2010, 3:26 pm

Hyper Reality
all cultural
that is why women travail

Hypatia

Re: real life with still life: Poo-tee-weet

Post by Hypatia » October 17th, 2018, 3:49 pm

a homage
Before I die I would like to make a pilgrimage there and see Sylvia Plath's thesaurus. They say it is a sight to behold with its underlings and notations in the margins of the pages.

reminds me of what hack I am, I hardly ever use a thesaurus, but I do google a lot of words

victoria lucas my sister my self 8)
I used to be smart.

Hypatia

Post by Hypatia » October 17th, 2018, 3:55 pm

maybe one too many today :? maybe ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

too many user names to keep track of
this thread an outlier off my main train of thought
I have it dangling here and no link back to where I am on another thread, always a bad sign when I start rambling about this vocation
I used to be smart.

diesel dyke

going to die tryin Poo-tee-weet

Post by diesel dyke » October 18th, 2018, 2:15 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hFlTQoK ... A&index=29

Paul's Rifle
Sisyphus's Ipod™
aliens were after him trying to make him change his chromosomes
if he did not they would force him to commit Suicide
and my head so far up my ass I blew him off
when he reached out to me in fear
oh well
as if this thread isn't already more of a mish-mash than Ignatius J. Reilly's Big chief tablets spread out around his bed in a carpet of Indian heads. so I —through/throw in— another, username/persona, just to massage the message
Die Tryin'
Guy Clark
Don't be a stranger
If you're looking for a friend
If you want an even break
You've got to learn to bend
You don't have a song
If you don't know how to sing
You don't have a prayer
If you don't know how to dream
What's the use in dyin'
If you don't die tryin'
If you don't die tryin'
What's the use
What's the use in flyin'
If you don't die flyin'
If you don't die flyin'
What's the use
If you're gonna roll the dice
You gotta take a chance
Gotta get out on the floor
If you want to do the dance
If you don't know how to laugh
You'll never learn to cry
If you don't know how to fall
You'll never learn how to fly
"We are made to be immortal, and yet we die. It's horrible, it can't be taken seriously. —ianeskimo"

mtmynd

Post by mtmynd » October 18th, 2018, 10:23 pm

Dang me, dang me, they outta take a rope and hang me,
far from the highest tree, hangin' from a two ton stone

you, my old amigo, give me some hope knowing you reached 80! Gimme round 6 yrs to get there... and I often times wonder if I can make it.

The Bo'Sox are ready clean up on the Astro's... Texas baseball is threatened, like Rafael Edward Cruz aka 'Ted as in teddy bear"

But there may be hope ... El Paso's own, Beto O'Rourke is chasin' little Teddie down... Beto is good people.

from death to politics from age to loss of memory I remain more than my remains will ever be.

Let the Corpus town know you love them.

stilltrucking

Post by stilltrucking » October 19th, 2018, 12:11 am

you honor me
means a lot to me when you come back to me on a post

I don't want to get into a long digression as to what I am about in these text boxes.
I was tempted to come back to you using a different username/CB handle
the one with the tag line
Skepticism is the chastity of the intellect, and it is shameful to surrender it too soon or to the first comer: there is nobility in preserving it coolly and proudly through long youth, until at last, in the ripeness of instinct and discretion, it can be safely exchanged for fidelity and happiness.
truth is I am only 78,
Beto seems too good to be true, still an uphill fight for him, he has my vote though

Return to “Asylum for the Terminally Vain”