god bless little debbie

Honoring Constantine Pantazonis - RIP 6/16/14
Forum rules
To honor our site members who are no longer with us.
constantine

god bless little debbie

Post by constantine » April 18th, 2010, 1:51 pm

i hate oatmeal in my oatmeal
that's why i like little debbie
she gives you more
additives and what not
it's kind and generous of deb
to add stuff on, gratis
she could've gone basic
even organic
whatever the hell that means!
yeah, let's shamble back into the stone age
ground some oats with a hunk of rock
pound them into little cakes and eat
with our dirty fingers like savages
is that what you really want?
god bless you, little debbie
Last edited by constantine on April 18th, 2010, 3:01 pm, edited 2 times in total.

SadLuckDame

Post by SadLuckDame » April 18th, 2010, 1:52 pm

I miss Little Debbie.
My favorite the zebra cakes or ho hos.
`Do you know, I was so angry, Kitty,' Alice went on...`when I saw all the mischief you had been doing, I was very nearly opening the window, and putting you out into the snow! And you'd have deserved it, you
little mischievous darling!
~Lewis Carroll

constantine

Post by constantine » April 18th, 2010, 2:07 pm

ooh ooh! zebra cakes!!
Last edited by constantine on April 18th, 2010, 2:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

constantine

Post by constantine » April 18th, 2010, 2:10 pm

i would not be the man i am today without little debbie watching my back.

Barry

Post by Barry » April 18th, 2010, 7:35 pm

Okay, here's my Little Debbie story...

First year I moved in with my wife, I'm 29, never been married, never been a dad, and we're at Fred Meyers, the two youngest and me, and I'm doing the shopping because I got laid off and my not-yet wife is still working. We're about to pass the Little Debbie rack and I'm girding up because I've seen this happen before when all four of us were together; I know what's about to take place. Both of them, the boy, five, and the girl, six, have stopped before the Little Debbie rack. I take a breath. They want Little Debbie snacks. They're used to getting them. I only have enough money to get what's for dinner. The coming whine is apparent in both voice and body. I let them ask, say no, we can't, watch them begin to drop, say to both as their knees begin to bend in unison, "If you two do this, I'm going to pick you up off the floor and carry you out to the car and we'll just go home and get nothing." Undeterred, both drop to the floor and begin to flop and wail. I leave the cart where it is, pick both up bodily and sling them along each of my hips, both of them flapping like fish. We stalk out past all the check-out lines, making a ghastly scene in front of everyone, on out the car and then home. Later, when their older brother gets home from basketball practice, I go back to the store and get what's needed for dinner.

We still had Little Debbie in the house after that - those Star Crunch are awesome - but we never had another scene like that in the store ever, not with me or their mom. Of course, my relationship with the children has never been the same since. Guess it's just a price I have to be willing to pay.

Anyway, nice poem, dude. Sorry for my totally off-topic reminiscence. It's just that whenever I see or even think of Little Debbie, that's all that comes to mind.

Peace,
Barry

Return to “Constantine”