and

that it is for a reason

All my thoughts have subtitles
translation is a tricky business
watching the thoughts ticker tape acroos the screen

I hope you get your hug
someone
not me (subtitle in Italian)
comes along when you are ready for that hug.

SadLuckDame

Post by SadLuckDame » October 11th, 2009, 6:41 pm

You shouldn't believe a girl like me.
I just threw out tears to hold you
off long enough sooo I could
beat you to the river :P

Catch me if you can.
I'm faster than you are
slow poke
`Do you know, I was so angry, Kitty,' Alice went on...`when I saw all the mischief you had been doing, I was very nearly opening the window, and putting you out into the snow! And you'd have deserved it, you
little mischievous darling!
~Lewis Carroll

stilltrucking

Post by stilltrucking » October 12th, 2009, 7:01 am

"Last one in is a rotten egg"

SadLuckDame

Post by SadLuckDame » October 17th, 2009, 5:57 pm

I'm indulging in astrological education, by way of the free net. Checking into natal charts. I'm a Cancer sun (which is the greater part of me), Sag moon (my under layer that perhaps dances the stage at times), a Libra rising (picking up the back burner) and finally the dragon. They say a natal chart is like a fingerprint.

Just in-case you were curious on astrology, too.

I'm just going to continue on this train of thought and research, maybe out of interest or burden.

birthchart info
to get a birthchart of own
or this one I did firstly.
Lunar chart

My sun is key to me, but there has to be both light and dark or sun and moon. When I had my first moon that night, it was in Sagittarius. Moon in sag=free love. I could go on and on with the freedom need, space wide open and o by aww or whatnot.

Then came Libra rising, my ascendant, but I've not much clue on it's meaning quite yet. Some people have spent 40+ yrs developing their astrological education and I don't want to go out like that.
I'd rather spend time learning more sign language to make big bucks interpreting.

Also important is the houses' planets which they were in at the time the heavens popped me out, magically speaking.

My 8th house is Taurus, which stands for my sex and death. I don't know what Tauren's think, I'll research it. And Sag covers my 3rd house for communication. Virgo my 11th for friends and ideals. Cancer and Leo's my 10th which is my worldly, Scorpio my 2nd equals possession and finally ends on my Libra in the 1st which stands for my I Am.

I'm exhausted. More to look in too.
This is a fingerprint, which is like my palm reading.
I really liked my palm reader.
`Do you know, I was so angry, Kitty,' Alice went on...`when I saw all the mischief you had been doing, I was very nearly opening the window, and putting you out into the snow! And you'd have deserved it, you
~Lewis Carroll

stilltrucking

Post by stilltrucking » October 21st, 2009, 12:58 pm

Hester has a gift
She did one for me a couple of years ago. It was so right on. Especially the part about my sister. But what can I do about that. She ain't heavy she's my sister.

I like this bit about astrology from a Douglas Adams novel called "Mostly Harmless"
I know that astrology isn't a science... Of course it isn't. It's just an arbitrary set of rules like chess or tennis.... The rules just kind of got there. They don't make any kind of sense except in terms of themselves. But when you start to exercise those rules, all sorts of processes start to happen and you start to find out all sorts of stuff about people. In astrology the rules happen to be about stars and planets, but they could be about ducks and drakes for all the difference it would make. It's just a way of thinking about a problem which lets the shape of that problem begin to emerge. The more rules, the tinier the rules, the more arbitrary they are, the better. It's like throwing a handful of fine graphite dust on a piece of paper to see where the hidden indentations are. It lets you see the words that were written on the piece of paper above it that's now been taken away and hidden. The graphite's not important. It's just the means of revealing their indentations. So you see, astrology's nothing to do with astronomy. It's just to do with people thinking about people. ~Douglas Adams, Mostly Harmless

Quotations About Astrology
I also liked this bit from another of is novels called "Dirk Gently's Holistic Detective Agency"
This was the evening of the last day of Gordon Way's life (...) The weather forecast hadn't mentioned that, of course, that wasn't the job of the weather forecast, but then his horoscope had been pretty misleading as well. It had mentioned an unusual amount of planetary activity in his sign and had urged him to differentiate between what he thought he wanted and what he actually needed, and suggested that he should tackle emotional or work problems with determination and complete honesty, but had inexplicably failed to mention that he would be dead before the day was out.
http://en.wikiquote.org/wiki/Douglas_Adams

SadLuckDame

Post by SadLuckDame » October 21st, 2009, 11:56 pm

I believe all sorts of wild imaginings, and never too sure, this could be one of them. Astrology sets the stage, though it still takes the will of the actors. I do know I'm a firm believer in names being a stage setter, and palms too. I just doubt anything can predict the future. Born under and into certain influences, is a sure bet to me. But, with such personality I rush forward to flunk or fly. In the Bible there's much about names, stars and such. I guess I find it quite believable. But, afterward God has left us to our own devices or playthings to see what we will make of it? Sumpin' like that.

Love those quotes, Jack. I'm interested in watching, if you feel like stripping to show your stars.
~Lewis Carroll

tarbaby
Location: Oz, or someplace like Kansas, but mostly stilltrucking's vanity

Post by tarbaby » October 27th, 2009, 1:35 pm

But, afterward God has left us to our own devices or playthings to see what we will make of it? Sumpin' like that.

Love those quotes, Jack. I'm interested in watching, if you feel like stripping to show your stars.
get back to you that.
“Where is that man who has forgotten words that I may have a word with him?”

tarbaby
Location: Oz, or someplace like Kansas, but mostly stilltrucking's vanity

Post by tarbaby » January 21st, 2010, 8:52 am

Yes we men are so blessed
we can get more naked than women

our sex a metaphor
an afterthought
dangles and angles
and a woman's always got cards she aint showing.
“Where is that man who has forgotten words that I may have a word with him?”

SadLuckDame

Post by SadLuckDame » January 24th, 2010, 11:03 pm

She's a smart woman if she can keep it secret,
I'm not so much the wise woman.

Men got nothing to hide though,
no shame in men mostly
cause I don't hear too often of men feeling shameful
maybe a slight guilt...
Men the streakers of the streets,
women running bare in forests.
~Lewis Carroll

stilltrucking

Post by stilltrucking » January 25th, 2010, 12:35 pm

I was thinking about roseanne cash J.C.'s daughter she had a line from a song I was going to post to inspiration station, not sure what inspiration it gives but I likes it
going to put here instead and then continue on

"heartaches are heroes when their pockets are full)

Keeping secretes is hard to do
I once dressed up as Margaret Meade and attended one of those
wommen's secrete society meetings on a tropical island.

, I have not been the same ever since, it made me realize what a peanut shell brittle thing the male ego is. If I had a grandchild I would give it a copy of Blackberry Winter, her autobiography.

Oh I have run through the woods at night

"and seen my pretty Alice in every head light"

SadLuckDame

Post by SadLuckDame » January 26th, 2010, 11:52 pm

It must of been a blue moon
if all those headlights were out.

Was an easy day, but still gonna crash out early.
Every day I get older, though if it's all in our head--do we age? Maybe not. I'm gonna imagine my state of mind away.

I'd come so close to making my mind do all the work, so close once for a time.

I like pockets, can put anything away in there. Can put your lip stick aside or tickets or a small bottle of whiskey.

Made me laugh...
Oh I have run through the woods at night

"and seen my pretty Alice in every head light"
I'll talk more tomorrow. Tonight I just wanna find something, somebody or secret.
Good-night Jack.
Thanks for the trip to Chicago.
good taste.
~Lewis Carroll

stilltrucking

Post by stilltrucking » January 27th, 2010, 11:52 am

Blackberry Winter. The part that humbled me was her discussion of why she traded in one husband for another. How rational she was about her choices. I wonder if she had any children.

SadLuckDame

Post by SadLuckDame » April 29th, 2010, 6:34 pm

I'd miss this place. :(
~Lewis Carroll

SadLuckDame

Post by SadLuckDame » April 29th, 2010, 6:39 pm

I know I've this clingy nature, hang on and hang out, but because often it keeps renewing the smiles. This perhaps one of my favoritist threads, lol.

I don't know why I've such a tough time letting go of things, I mean most people don't. I'm not a hoarder type, and though not the best in house cleaning domesticated was my mother...I'm still not fond of clutter, but some things worth the holding. I don't know. It's like a cafe napkin with a poem inked on the inside, and popped in the top of a dresser drawer.
~Lewis Carroll

stilltrucking

Post by stilltrucking » April 29th, 2010, 7:12 pm

I got plastic bin full of truck stop cafe napkins scribbled on.

I been hanging onto them for 35 years don't know why.

I got floppy disks from ten different computers

I got ten hard drives full of stuff

I got four gig worth of documents on this hard drive.

I dug out my old Apple 2 thinking about looking at those files again.

You ever go through a thrift store and see the cardboard boxes full of peoples lives?

Return to “Trailerpark”