Come to Riverbend Festival

S8 events, our announcements & donate link.
Steve Plonk

Come to Riverbend Festival

Post by Steve Plonk » May 23rd, 2010, 3:35 pm

General Information: This year's festival is June 11-19, 2010.
SEE: www.riverbendfestival.com's Home Page, etc.
"About Riverbend " (From Home Page) :D

"The Riverbend Festival is an internationally award winning 9 day music festival! Located in the heart of Chattanooga, Tennessee there is no better way to enjoy your summer. Riverbend takes place on the 21st Century Waterfront along the Tennessee River. Boasting five stages with over 100 bands featuring world class entertainment ranging from classic rock, jam bands, country, urban and bluegrass! Riverbend draws over 600,000 patrons annually. We offer countless activities to participate in during Riverbend. Come enjoy our Children's Village, Mobile exhibits, Bluecross Riverbend Run and Walk, Marketplace, Fireworks Finale and MUCH MORE!

Admission Pins

Pins are currently available online. Buy Online (see above) :wink:

General Admission Pins will be available on May 1st until midnight June 10th at area Kangaroo convenience stores for $30. On June 11th the gate price changes to $40. :idea:

One-night wristbands are $24 and can be purchased at any entry gate of the festival. We also offer senior citizen and military one-night discounts for $12. 8)

Corporate pin sales for the 2011 Riverbend Festival will begin in November. Contact Karen Shostak at 423-756-2211 or karen@riverbendfestival.com for more information."

(The above information was copied from their website...)

Note:
Children 10 years old and under are admitted free. :)
Last edited by Steve Plonk on June 4th, 2010, 8:54 pm, edited 2 times in total.

judih
Site Admin

Post by judih » May 23rd, 2010, 10:55 pm

it sounds like a fantastic festival, Steve. Will you bring back reports?

Steve Plonk

Post by Steve Plonk » May 26th, 2010, 11:34 am

Judih, I'll see what I can do...I am usually not the one with camera &/or notebook in hand. Our local paper, "The Chattanooga Times-Free Press" usually has good coverage of it. I will try to refer back to the local press coverage, which is quite adequate. I will give you a link closer to time. It's all good...

In addition, part of "Riverbend Festival is free, called the "Bessie Smith Strut" --which has a parade of freaks & folks similar to Mardi Gras, but only lasts an hour or two. The concert portion of the Festival is put on for free during the "Bessie Smith Strut" and lasts several hours. It is usually held on the first Monday after Friday's opening day, which is June 11th this year. So the Strut will be on Monday, June 14th...
Come one, come all...the food costs, though, so bring some walking around money. Arghh! Mateys! Parrtayy! For a sample of the music, check out last year's Riverbend and 'Tin Cup Gypsy' and you
may watch it on "You Tube". :D (WUTC, 88.1 FM dial, usually covers the festival live on the Radio. The radio is usually on the net, so if you can't come you may tune in. In addition, the TV stations cover portions of it and there are live camera screens on the festival sites.)

Steve Plonk

Addendum:

Post by Steve Plonk » June 4th, 2010, 2:40 pm

Addendum:
Another radio station which will cover Riverbend Festival is
KZ 106 at 106.5 FM. KZ-106 also has a live stream on the net. 8)
One week and counting until the gates open at 4:30 pm.

Steve Plonk

Post by Steve Plonk » June 11th, 2010, 3:12 pm

Riverbend Festival gates open tonight in Chattanooga, Tennessee. at 4:30 pm. Sheryl Crow is the headline act tonight on the Coca Cola Stage from 9:30 pm through 11 pm.

Steve Plonk

Post by Steve Plonk » June 12th, 2010, 10:26 am

Here's a video feed from opening day at Riverbend Festival:
http://www.timesfreepress.com/news/2010 ... 010-opens/

Steve Plonk

Post by Steve Plonk » June 18th, 2010, 12:16 pm

Uriah Heep was cancelled at Riverbend tonight. I wanted to see "Uriah Heep" and I was very disappointed...
I think the Riverbend folks should have checked into it before
they booked the band. In their opinion, Howe, of "Bad Company", was a "excellent replacement" but I am a "Uriah Heep" fan and I say "No way".
See below.

From "Riverbend News" heading on above listed website:

"Heep Cancels - Howe Replaces
June 16, 2010 6:09 pm
Uriah Heep was forced to cancel the Chattanooga date due to border crossing problems and work visa issues. Festival Production Director, Dixie Fuller said, “Riverbend Festival staff felt that Brian Howe of Bad Company was an excellent replacement for a British Rock band. When we got word that Heep could not leave the UK until Friday (June 18th) at Noon, we immediately thought of Brian Howe and made an offer. Fortunately his current schedule fit into our lineup and we were able to book him quickly.” Fuller also adds, “Howe will put on an equally rocking show, just like we expected from Uriah Heep. It’s going to be a great night!”

Brian Howe will perform on the Bud Light Stage this Friday, June 18th at 7:45pm."

Steve Plonk

Post by Steve Plonk » June 19th, 2010, 4:09 pm

On Friday, the bands to see were "7 Walkers" and "Gurufish". We really enjoyed these two bands...
Tonight is the last night of Riverbend Festival. Most of it was great... Only one cancellation that I know of. See last posting.

Charlie Daniels Band is the headliner tonight. If you're close by, y'all come on down. Hoo Hah! Saturday night's all right!

Steve Plonk

Re: Come to Riverbend Festival

Post by Steve Plonk » June 10th, 2011, 12:01 pm

It's Riverbend Festival time again in Chattanooga, TN. :D It begins tonight, June 10, 2011 and ends on June, 18, 2011. Some of the acts coming are "Huey Lewis and the News", the "Beach Boys", "Starship", "the Machine", "Uriah Heep".,
John Lee Hooker, Jr., and Alan Jackson. "Be there or be square". ALSO, DON'T
Forget the "Bessie Smith Strut" this coming Monday which is FREE! 8)
Get rhythm!

Steve Plonk

Post by Steve Plonk » May 27th, 2012, 10:01 pm

Come on, folkses, get rhythm, and see the Riverbend Festival. It's nearing
that time again. It's held on June 8th through June 16th this year. However, the Bessie Smith Strut is no longer free. You need a Riverbend pin to get in, or pay at the gates.
Still all good in the neighborhood! :D ...Wayy downnn in Chattanooga,TN. :idea:

Steve Plonk

Post by Steve Plonk » June 5th, 2013, 12:29 pm

Kind fans & gentle people, it is RIVERBEND FESTIVAL time again in Chattanooga, TN, USA.
Come one, come all...It's all good...Everything begins this Friday... 8) Good music, good eats,
& great times... :D

Steve Plonk

Post by Steve Plonk » June 1st, 2014, 3:21 pm

It's time for this year's Chattanooga Riverbend Festival again this year.
The music festival starts this coming Friday, June 6, 2014. 8) :)
Y'all come on down, ye hear?! :D

Steve Plonk

Post by Steve Plonk » June 5th, 2015, 12:31 pm

Once again, it is Riverbend Festival time in Chattanooga, TN.
The festival starts this evening, June 5, 2015.
Come one, come all... :) 8) Nine days of fun & music :!:

Return to “Studio8 Announcements”