"One fast move or I'm gone"

Discuss books & films.
MrGuilty

"One fast move or I'm gone"

Post by MrGuilty » September 24th, 2010, 8:54 am

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HOer13WNPfk
"...'One fast more or I'm gone', I realize, gone the way of the last three years of drunken hopelessness which is a physical and spiritual and metaphysical hopelessness you can't learn in school no matter how many books on existentialism or pessimism you read, or how many jugs of vision-producing Ayahuasca you drink, or Mescaline you take, or Peyote goop up with-- That feeling when you wake up with the delirium tremens with the fear of eerie death dripping from your ears like those special heavy cobwebs spiders weave in the hot countries, the feeling of being a bent back mudman monster groaning underground in hot steaming mud pulling a long hot burden nowhere, the feeling of standing ankledeep in hot boiled pork blood, ugh, of being up to your waist in a giant pan of greasy brown dishwater not a trace of suds left in it--The face of yourself you see in the mirror with its expression of unbearable anguish so hagged and awful with sorrow you can't even cry for a thing so ugly, so lost, no connection whatever with early perfection and therefore nothing to connect with tears or anything: it's like William Seward Burroughs' 'Stranger' suddenly appearing in your place in the mirror- Enough! 'One fast move or I'm gone' so I jump up, do my headstand first to pump blood back into the hairy brain, take a shower in the hall, new T-shirt and socks and underwear, pack vigorously, hoist the rucksack and run out throwing the key on the desk and hit the cold street...I've got to escape or die..."
— Jack Kerouac (Big Sur)
I used to be smart

Free Rice

SadLuckDame

Re: "One fast move or I'm gone"

Post by SadLuckDame » September 25th, 2010, 3:21 pm

Thanks for this, Jack.
Big Sur on the mind,
but he might not wanna go with me,
he might fall off that bridge, ya know
or lose himself between the waves and mind.
`Do you know, I was so angry, Kitty,' Alice went on...`when I saw all the mischief you had been doing, I was very nearly opening the window, and putting you out into the snow! And you'd have deserved it, you
little mischievous darling!
~Lewis Carroll

still.trucking

Post by still.trucking » September 26th, 2010, 12:16 am

I would like to see that movie.
"Natural selection, as it has operated in human history, favors not only the clever but the murderous." Barbara Ehrenreich

Free Rice

SadLuckDame

Post by SadLuckDame » September 26th, 2010, 8:02 am

lol, I was beginning to think
I might be on your foe list :P

I want to see it up close,
but a movie would be good
to get me there.
`Do you know, I was so angry, Kitty,' Alice went on...`when I saw all the mischief you had been doing, I was very nearly opening the window, and putting you out into the snow! And you'd have deserved it, you
little mischievous darling!
~Lewis Carroll

still.trucking

Post by still.trucking » September 26th, 2010, 2:58 pm

well you know friends come and go but foes accumulate
this one for st jack
it was the women that killed him you know

for a friend by Glorious Amok
"Natural selection, as it has operated in human history, favors not only the clever but the murderous." Barbara Ehrenreich

Free Rice

Return to “Literature & Film”