Influential heights

The confessions. It's all in my head. It's all in my head.

Moderator: SadLuckDame

stilltrucking

Re: Influential heights

Post by stilltrucking » January 15th, 2011, 2:24 pm

That clock, the doomsday clock the one set at two minutes to doom, the one in Geneva? Probably a coco clock

No time for anger, but I am a little peeved I never got a slice of that pie.

SadLuckDame

Post by SadLuckDame » January 23rd, 2011, 1:20 am

Ha Ha! Let's eat!
Hmm, the economy, what is so wrong you might ask?
Well, if you ask me and I know nothing about news or what's going on in the nation, or anything meaningful, but perhaps it's more a problem with an overall tude the American citizens have. I mean, a few years ago they were spoiled rotten, they had all sorts of gadgets, outfits and a zillion shoes, they didn't need actual money to buy it, just plastic and now they don't have the skills to survive without.

The basic skills are just an easy peasy in the mind thing.
Just to be happy, make it so and forget the hardships, then those hardships will have less power. Or get divorced, take a job that's less money but more fulfilling. I don't know what to suggest that they'd take me seriously on, but I am serious.

It's a good feeling to give and then be rewarded with the get, but not materialistically, the get is healing children, educating adults, encouraging mothers, entertaining elderly, caring for the severely damaged, battered and bruised. Taking pride in building safer schools, being positive parts to air planes are safe when inspected and sleeping easy because of it.

These are just basics. People will want to work hard if it's worth while and these are worthwhile suggestions.

I'm just a silly girl, I knows it, but if people refuse to change their out looks, change their motivations, their hearts even, their needs too...well then the decline will keep on keeping on going down.
`Do you know, I was so angry, Kitty,' Alice went on...`when I saw all the mischief you had been doing, I was very nearly opening the window, and putting you out into the snow! And you'd have deserved it, you
little mischievous darling!
~Lewis Carroll

SadLuckDame

Post by SadLuckDame » January 23rd, 2011, 1:25 pm

K, I went to bed on this and I woke up out of it thinking about individualism, you know how I like the subject. It had to do with work space, I watched a video recently on people having concern the desk would become non-existent and they worried, for the desk symbolized their existence in as an individual. It being their one spot in work to say, 'Hear me roar! or this is my voice.'

Anyway, when waking it struck me that the majority of people perhaps have lost their voice so often, and so often they're part of the cookie cutter work experience, all is already...ready, set, go and the people just get there and go at someone else's go, someone elses idea.

But, people should be able to bring their natural gifts, voice, experiences, ideas and so on so forth, forth right to contribute their own uniqueness, which as reward rewards a person with a sense of pride..a good sort of pride, too. The goodness they as individuals put out can linger long into their lives, into their wanting to be there to work,
cause then they are there, a real piece of them instead of just a body on an assembly line.

Other than my terrible lack of ability to deal with a hot head above me, especially when and if I knows I'm right...I actually enjoy my jobs and I leave a lot of me there, I bring in me and I go home me, and all lingers to keep me wanting more, to be a part of being a part, because I have a voice
and my own sense of ideas that is individual to me. I get to give
(what they don't already have).
`Do you know, I was so angry, Kitty,' Alice went on...`when I saw all the mischief you had been doing, I was very nearly opening the window, and putting you out into the snow! And you'd have deserved it, you
~Lewis Carroll

tinkerjack

Post by tinkerjack » January 24th, 2011, 12:02 pm

"I don't know much about biology..."

I don't even know what this song is about

I was watching a video clip on you tube looked like a movie or something and that song was playing on the sound track.
A woman getting beat around, a knife blood, locked door desperate attempt at escape and I could not watch anymore. SO I found another posting of the song that I could listen too.

In twenty years the US of A will be one huge flea market from sea to shining sea.

Out yesterday in throngs of people with my sister and niece our little table full of stuff. They had a good time my sister and niece. At one point I backed off and saw the endless lines of people passing by, reminded me of my lost dreams, so many people what were they looking for, all the young Americans, and old and little baby Americans, and strollers, and wheel chairs and walkers, t hrongs masses and multitudes, most of them carrying little plastic aquariums with tiny little turtles in them, it was a good day for the turtle sellers.

I been interested in the theology of money. Our protestant work ethic, and filthy lucre.

I am proud as punch to be an American
considering what the alternative would have been if tinkerjack had not decided to send his daughter to America.

image source
Attachments
entangledtime.jpg
RE: the triple mirror effect
free rice

I used to be smart

SadLuckDame

Post by SadLuckDame » January 24th, 2011, 6:24 pm

We got all the time in the world to be walking the time-line, all the time till time runs out. I likes that picture and song.
~Lewis Carroll

tarbaby
Location: Oz, or someplace like Kansas, but mostly stilltrucking's vanity

Post by tarbaby » January 31st, 2011, 3:19 pm

It is good to talk to a baby, it is good for a mother to talk to her baby? Sure, even if the baby can't understand, still the sound of a voice talking must be good for a baby to hear?
The Storm
so delicate the balance
so tenuous the day to day miracles
so grateful the baby is back
was she baptized on her hiatus?
so grateful to see him and his child here
we are so threatened by the irrational
so much strangeness

conversations overheard
two women and a child
a son's daughter

"the darkness
in the deep"?

image source
here is a link to beyond here lies nothing the video I could not watch. going to try and watch it again without the music

Last edited by tarbaby on January 31st, 2011, 3:31 pm, edited 2 times in total.
“Where is that man who has forgotten words that I may have a word with him?”

SadLuckDame

Post by SadLuckDame » January 31st, 2011, 10:14 pm

Dark when walking in the deep wood.
My mood as thin as the silence of that beautiful icy woods photo, all I hear are my foot steps. Been paying attention to the feel of snow under my feet.
Winter...better brace myself.

Yes, to all the babies.
Brace yourselves. Turn your sweet head, listen to the music, hear the beat of the heart. It'll be scary, at least there's some goodness sakes.
~Lewis Carroll

stilltrucking

Post by stilltrucking » January 31st, 2011, 10:31 pm

Attachments
snow_scene_panta.jpg

SadLuckDame

Post by SadLuckDame » January 31st, 2011, 10:35 pm

Yes, it's that one.
Like my walking. Thanks, Jack.
~Lewis Carroll

SadLuckDame

Post by SadLuckDame » February 13th, 2011, 2:36 pm

Walking in the snow.

We spend our entire lives pregnant
until we die and only lives our infant.

Our little baby light.

I'll always be pregnant with fruit,
she won't birth and be independent
until my last breath.
Mother of a fruit
or I might be a kangaroo mama.

My baby fruit with her little light on
and she gave me her heart beat for a little while now.

If all is silent snow, I hear the teeny tump, tump.

Winter thoughts.
~Lewis Carroll

still.trucking

Post by still.trucking » February 14th, 2011, 7:59 pm

such Touching winter thoughts
thank you

<
ramble on rose
you know a woman all your life
and still you don't know everything
five pregnancies
i learned from her doctor
four children
I have no idea what happened to that other baby
three sons
pregnant again at age 42
a baby girl finally
I don't know how I know
but I do
she wanted a daughter so bad

"Natural selection, as it has operated in human history, favors not only the clever but the murderous." Barbara Ehrenreich

Free Rice

SadLuckDame

Post by SadLuckDame » February 15th, 2011, 8:17 am

Some of the biggest challenges in my life have been dealing with the death of my Grandmothers. My marriage may have been a disaster, but I believe I was to be there in it in order to be there during both of my Grandmothers' Alzheimers years and their struggles in nursing homes. I had the ability to be with them almost daily.

When my Nana passed, I was only a fifteen minute drive to there, but I'd arrived a few minutes late. I don't know if I can ever make that emotion of her lifeless shell work with my vision of all of her liveliness from those years together. I can't seem to stitch the two together as being her.
It really shook me to my core, it really shocked my sense of everything I'd known up until that point of sitting there with her, but her not being there.
I don't know if it'll ever settle down for me within.
It was a too tall mountain of awareness, scariness, hard truth.

Very similar emotion to when I birthed my first child.
It actually felt very overwhelmingly a fear when he rolled out of my body.
It was a change that went to my core, too.
Was not at all what I'd ever known or envisioned, my expectations were shook with the actuality.

How human nature finds a way to deal with these almost too strange happenings, as if we weren't built to, but we manage because we have to. It's crazy, humans are amazing with what they manage if made.

I might delete this.
I don't know why I'm saying it today.
~Lewis Carroll

still.trucking

Post by still.trucking » February 15th, 2011, 8:37 am

I am an ignorant child about the religion
I do know that she had no fear of death
whatever it means to be at peace with what her ansestors called G d. she was, accepting, I remember the last expression that crossed her face it said "Ok, that's okay" as if G d was saying "please pardon the inconvience" and she said no problem. I was there by her side to the end, I was not her favorite son, just her baby boy.

What is it that was gone, a soul, a spark, life. life, all she ever wanted from her children was that they be happy to have been born.

Yeah not sure what I am saying except that I am typing and that is the closest thing I have to freedom at this point in time.

Eva I was not there, she died in home for little old jewish ladies surrounded by the black faces of her care givers. If not for her eyes she would not have been there. In so many ways my grandmother was the most powerful woman in my life. Even as a child I could see my mother as her child. And that helped, or hurt me, no it was good. all good. I was a happy kid, my summers were sweet on the Gunpowder river, my days in the school year were sweet too, roaming the inner harbor, docks piers, barges, climbing cranes exploring the factories and rail yards and warehouses of baltimore, the back alleys the junkyards, the library.

Life I have had so many advantages so many good things
other than a wife and children I can say I had it all
and I was so crazy I was spared the experience of going to war.

If there was a moment when I woke up in my life, it was when I was 12 years old, but you know I forgot about it for almost fifty years. I rediscovered it in a text box.

No more road for me
who am I kidding

delete away if you need to
Attachments
blurbuubie.jpg
Eva Shapiro and friends
"Natural selection, as it has operated in human history, favors not only the clever but the murderous." Barbara Ehrenreich

Free Rice

SadLuckDame

Post by SadLuckDame » February 15th, 2011, 11:11 pm

It's such a hard 'core' subject, not so much I guess I want to delete it as it is I worry what will come of it at times. I try to pretend I'm settled in matters of heart, but here's matters of heart.

Thanks for visiting it with me.
Good thing with us, when we talk I don't know I'm alone.

She sounds beautiful to me.
~Lewis Carroll

stilltrucking

Post by stilltrucking » February 17th, 2011, 6:23 am

How we live with our memories, strange how stuble it was, I felt her presence shift from living to dead. When you outlive everyone you love, are we alone then?

Don't know Dame. I only think my life is settled.

Good thing about us is we keep on reading each other.

Always an honor for me when you read me.

Return to “The Luck of a Dame”