I worry about America now that we don't have a war to fight.

Go ahead. Talk about it.
stilltrucking

Re: I worry about America now that we don't have a war to fi

Post by stilltrucking » August 17th, 2012, 5:08 pm

bosnia.PNG
Bosnia?

Jacob

Post by Jacob » September 29th, 2012, 5:08 am

mtmynd wrote:ever note how eagerly the youth charge into battle in defense of their country, sometimes deceived and other times supporters of the truth..?

historically it never has changed, has it?
And thus, I feel it necessary to bring forth Fallout intros. Relevant.

mtmynd

Post by mtmynd » September 30th, 2012, 12:46 pm

No one today will ever know if this scenario will ever come to be. But one thing is certain, war is as close to our lives as death itself... war only increases the chance for death's arrival sooner than later.

War is born between the ears of hu'manity. Whether that instinct is a genetic flaw or not is forever arguable but we cannot rid ourselves of this eternal war that brings about rage and insanity of our own making. But in order for our species to survive we must evolve our very potential to that of loving and understanding life forms that respect not only ourselves and our fellow man but all of life we share this singular oasis of existence amongst the trillions of stars revolving and evolving ... a clue to that very survival that we currently destroy life to maintain our own. We are still fools no matter how brilliantly we believe otherwise.

stilltrucking

Post by stilltrucking » September 30th, 2012, 2:46 pm

This is the movie that inspired Fallout, it is based on a the Harlan Ellison Novella written in 1969.A Boy and His Dog

It has the best twist ending of any sci-fi book or movie I have ever seen or read.
The novella ends with Vic remembering her question as Blood eats: "Do you know what love is?" and he concludes, "Sure I know. A boy loves his dog."
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/A_Boy_and_His_Dog
You can watch the full movie on YouTube.

still.trucking

Post by still.trucking » September 30th, 2012, 8:33 pm

I just watched the movie again and I still liked it but they went all Hollywood with the twist. They played it for laughs. The the book was better. Same twist but with out the macabre humor.

While I'm on the subject of thermonuclear war I wish someone would make a movie out of A Canticle for Liebowitz
This is a link to the audio book performed on NPR station WHA
"This is not your typical 50s-60s sci-fi radio. This is deep. Take your time, enjoy it as the centuries unfold."
http://archive.org/details/ACanticleForLiebowitz
"When we arm ourselves we arm our enemies."
Obama is the only candidate talking about banning nuclear weapons. I don't want a Mormbot with that kind of power. Some people remember the Alamo, I remember the "Mountain Meadows Massacre." Mormons are like clean shaven jihadists to me. There it is :shock: I am a bigot. :(
Attachments
canticle.jpg
"Natural selection, as it has operated in human history, favors not only the clever but the murderous." Barbara Ehrenreich

Free Rice

still.trucking

Post by still.trucking » October 1st, 2012, 2:15 am

I got to register to vote today. I don't want to but I got to. I feel like I am taking A Taxi to The Dark Side.

I have heard that those weapons don't launch themselves. I don't take much comfort in that.

Such a beautiful world still
"Natural selection, as it has operated in human history, favors not only the clever but the murderous." Barbara Ehrenreich

Free Rice

Return to “General Discussion”