Comparing Middle East situation to Native American situation

Go ahead. Talk about it.
Doreen Peri
Site Admin

Re: Comparing Middle East situation to Native American situa

Post by Doreen Peri » November 29th, 2012, 5:48 pm

stilltrucking wrote:Doreen wrote:
Yeah. Exactly. Scary as shit.
How does that compare to the Native American situation?
Well, it doesn't. Thankfully, there were no nuclear weapons at that time.

Atehequa

Post by Atehequa » November 29th, 2012, 6:13 pm

Doreen Peri wrote:
stilltrucking wrote:Doreen wrote:
Yeah. Exactly. Scary as shit.
How does that compare to the Native American situation?
Well, it doesn't. Thankfully, there were no nuclear weapons at that time.
Oh I think such a horrible event like a nuclear war would have an impact on everyone's situation. But do go on and try to put such insanity in an orderly and well maintained manner and wait for a cure for all the ill.

Maybe another messiah will come, or else nothingness as a peace for a world completely destroyed by mankind.

stilltrucking

Post by stilltrucking » November 29th, 2012, 6:15 pm

DP wrote
Well, it doesn't. Thankfully, there were no nuclear weapons at that time.v
From what little I know about native american culture I doubt they would use nuclear weapons even if they had them. Their culture is too sane for that 8)
Last edited by stilltrucking on November 29th, 2012, 6:22 pm, edited 2 times in total.

panta rhei

Post by panta rhei » November 29th, 2012, 6:16 pm

Doreen Peri wrote:Panta... I understand it's complicated. That's why I was so pleased to find that website which is very informative. Yes, they've simplified it some, however, there is a LOT of information on that site and many links to explore. There's a lot of history presented and I like the site a lot.
doreen - just make sure this won't be the only site you gather your information from. most info you find is lopsided. there are many perspectives to this story, and they aren't even always either/or. you'll have to gather info from diverse perspectives, hear both biased sides, listen to many different voices to get a picture.
Atehequa wrote:It would be great if they could do this hand to hand, man to man, but what about if these middle eastern countries start shooting nukes at each other ?
it would be great if they all could find a way to have it all in hand instead of continuing all about hands up and then washing their hands of it as if they didn't have a hand in the matter - if one hand could wash the other as a path to finally proceed hand in hand... they'll have their hands full with that.

Atehequa

Post by Atehequa » November 29th, 2012, 6:23 pm

stilltrucking wrote:From what little I know I native american culture I doubt they would have used nuclear weapons even if they had it. Their culture is too sane for that 8)
No, but if captured by the Haudenosaunee or in fact by many different nations, an enemy captive would probably sing for a death as quick as a nuclear blast.

No matter the people, where ever in the world there has been war and the horrible acts which accompany it. Some native warriors were masters of terror and torture.

Artguy

Post by Artguy » November 29th, 2012, 10:22 pm

Read - Bury My Heart At Wounded Knee

Arcadia

Post by Arcadia » November 29th, 2012, 10:33 pm

just listened in the ONU (by the way... who decorated the interiores?? :roll: ) to the Iraeli representante saying that nothing will cut the 4000 years old ties between the israelites and their land ... and yeah, I guess it´s somehow heavy to say that! 4000 years! :shock:, it made me wonder if it´s possible to rastrear your ancestors through that ammount of time ... (just north & south two and third italian inmigrant generation thoughts...). I also listened to Netanyahu saying that today´s ONU decisión won´t modiffy anything about the conflict and maybe it can worsen it (let´s hope not).
Abbas instead looked happy even tough the new title "estado observador" for Palestine or whatever voted in the ONU (without the intervention of the Consejo de Seguridad) it seems to be only an step for their reclamos and it still sound rivouletian in a very United Nations way ...

http://www.pagina12.com.ar/diario/ultim ... 11-29.html

so ... mate & some native american blend, good! :D

Artguy

Post by Artguy » November 29th, 2012, 11:02 pm

2 States...get over it.

Doreen Peri
Site Admin

Post by Doreen Peri » November 29th, 2012, 11:08 pm

Artguy wrote:2 States...get over it.
You are a master of brevity and truth. Agreed!

The UN declared Palestine a state in 1988 (I think that was the year). Here's a report posted just a few days ago:

http://worldnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2012 ... claim?lite

Atehequa

Post by Atehequa » November 30th, 2012, 5:48 am

Artguy wrote:get over it.
Or swim away upstream, especially when the hook is bigger than the worm.

stilltrucking

Post by stilltrucking » November 30th, 2012, 8:52 am

Or swim away upstream, especially when the hook is bigger than the worm.
:lol:

you are a funny guy, yes swim away, go away, yes yes yes :cry:
Last edited by stilltrucking on November 30th, 2012, 9:51 am, edited 2 times in total.

stilltrucking

Post by stilltrucking » November 30th, 2012, 9:13 am

I guess it´s somehow heavy to say that! 4000 years!
No bible scholar am i but I have read that parts of the Old Testament were written 1400 years B.C.E... so that is 3400 years in our calendar, but the
but that is based on the Hebrew lunar Calendar, a lunar year is shorter than the solar year we use.
That might explain the 4000 year time line. This is year 5733 in the Hebrew calendar.
When was the Old Testament written
wiki.answers.com › ... › Christianity › The Bible › Old TestamentThe Old Testament was written from approximately 1400 B.C. to approximately 400 B.C. Moses wrote the first five books known as the Pentateuch, which ...
And yes you can date back your genome by the maternal mitochondrial DNA. That is how Eve was traced back to Africa. There were Jews living in Palestine who never left.
Jews claim that they have an ancestral link to the Levant. For the most part, this is true, and both the Palestinians and Jews share a common ancestry, as shown by DNA studies. As such, Palestinians have as much of a right to the region as the Jewish population.
What they revealed was that Arabs and Jews are essentially a single population, and that Palestinians are slap bang in the middle of the different Jewish populations (as shown in this figure).
So, as far as male lineage goes, the genetic story is very clear. Palestinians and Jews are virtually indistinguishable.

Women are a bit more tricky...
Up until last year, the matrilineal heritage of Jews also seemed pretty clear. Analysis of elements in mitochondrial DNA (which is passed from mother to daughter) seemed to show that Jewish populations around Europe, North Africa, and the Middle East were derived from at least 8 unrelated 'founding mothers'.

Where they came from wasn't clear, but the most likely explanation was that they were from local populations that bred with immigrant Jewish males. Their offspring became absorbed into the Jewish community.
In 2008, a more sophisticated analysis was published that made use of whole mitochondrial DNA sequences. They found no evidence for the genetic bottle necks that indicate founding mothers in the large Jewish populations. Instead, they found a complicated picture with a very diverse gene pool suggesting intermarriage both with local populations and other Jewish groups.
http://epiphenom.fieldofscience.com/200 ... s-and.html

doreen Panta gave you good advice.
doreen - just make sure this won't be the only site you gather your information from. most info you find is lopsided. there are many perspectives to this story, and they aren't even always either/or. you'll have to gather info from diverse perspectives, hear both biased sides, listen to many different voices to get a picture.

Artguy

Post by Artguy » November 30th, 2012, 11:42 am

I ido not believe being in favour of a Palestinian state is antisemetic...I believe being against a Palestinian state is anti semetic as it will ascerbate the Palestinian point of view that the whole democratisc world supports Israeal at all costs. This is not a democratic will but one driven by dollars and pence, (paraphrased from Roger Waters). Also God or other deities do not sell real estate.

stilltrucking

Post by stilltrucking » November 30th, 2012, 11:54 am

yeah whatever
just so we get rid of the got dam jews
let them go away somewhere, sail away somewhere, how about Miami beach :?:

So many people think it was all over in 1945 no mention of the jews who were murdered when they tried to return to their homes in Europe. No body wanted them, not Canada not the USA not nobody. I thank G d that some of them made their way to Palestine.

A catastrophe for the Arabs yes, a European problem dumped on them by the antisemites and Christina Zionists behind the Balfour Proclamation.

no kurt not antisemitism,
ignorance is what jacks my jaws.

Doreen Peri
Site Admin

Post by Doreen Peri » November 30th, 2012, 12:34 pm

Artguy wrote:I ido not believe being in favour of a Palestinian state is antisemetic...I believe being against a Palestinian state is anti semetic as it will ascerbate the Palestinian point of view that the whole democratisc world supports Israeal at all costs. This is not a democratic will but one driven by dollars and pence, (paraphrased from Roger Waters). Also God or other deities do not sell real estate.
I agree.

You know what I hate about the entire situation which has gone on for so many years?

As soon as a person expresses any compassion for the Palestinians and states anything about how they deserve to have a homeland, some people will consider that person a bigot against Jews.

It's sad. It's so ridiculous and upsetting.

Why can't we all be FOR everyone. Non-exclusive. But EVERYONE. Every person, no matter who they are, deserves a home and deserves not to be discriminated against.

Return to “General Discussion”