"manifest destiny" and such ...

What in the world is going on?
stilltrucking

Re: "manifest destiny" and such ...

Post by stilltrucking » April 25th, 2014, 7:20 pm

the disease is called mankind, I am not sure the american variety is any worse than any other.
Have you noticed what is going on with the revisionists in Japan? Sounds like they think they are special too.

same bullshit, same patriarchal bullshit, different cultures, different religions, but still homo stupidus
the white man's burden or the yellow or brown, women are still the niggers
except for american women they are the wonder of the world, after Hilary a new breed who know now what they damn well knew then too.

just another scream in the machine
another random absurd tendril
just go round folks nothing to read here

mnaz

Post by mnaz » April 25th, 2014, 8:59 pm

i agree with what you're saying. it's just hard for me to process this underlying belief, conviction, whatever you want to call it, that runs through our "collective psyche" so utterly and thoroughly pervasively .... in essence, our values are self-evidently supreme-- morally and otherwise, just superior (and directly mandated from GOD of course-- goes without saying).

like I say, how does that mindset get so entrenched into a populace? it just amazes me.

mtmynd

Post by mtmynd » April 28th, 2014, 6:37 pm

mnaz wrote:... it's just hard for me to process this underlying belief, conviction, whatever you want to call it, that runs through our "collective psyche" so utterly and thoroughly pervasively .... in essence, our values are self-evidently supreme-- morally and otherwise, just superior (and directly mandated from GOD of course-- goes without saying).
this conviction runs especially strong in the 1%'ers who obviously feel their wealth and power are "God-given" and therefore unquestionable. This has become so strong a belief that even the simple majority of the people (including the peanut-minded Congress) that they just come short of idolizing and worshiping those same powerhouses that donate a very small percentage of their wealth to those who will increase that same wealth by larger and larger percentages. It's been an ingrained belief especially strong in our country, that the more wealth one has it is accepted that they also have immense intellect, god-given, of course, which makes toppling those false idols a nearly un-American act that should be dealt with as if one is a traitor to the (Capitalistic) cause.

The tide is turning, the way I observe the conditons, with the mighty bracing themselves from a fed-up public, tired of deception, cheating, theft and lies as a way of life that has poisoned the public who are understandably tired of that game that serves nobody but the same rogue gallery of scoundrels who are (appear) unfettered in their positions of power.

Unk

Post by Unk » May 6th, 2014, 6:54 pm

geez cecil that is a pretty harsh thing to say about the one percenters, I have met a few and they all seemed like gentlemen and scholars. I don't know why those bikers have such a bad reputation. :?

Is the tide turning? I hope you are right 8)

oh :!: you mean these one percenters :wink:
[
the divide.PNG
NEW YORK TIMES BESTSELLER

A scathing portrait of an urgent new American crisis

Over the last two decades, America has been falling deeper and deeper into a statistical mystery:

Poverty goes up. Crime goes down. The prison population doubles.
Fraud by the rich wipes out 40 percent of the world’s wealth. The rich get massively richer. No one goes to jail.
http://www.amazon.com/The-Divide-Americ ... 081299342X

This is a rolling stone article from February of 2011 that the book is based on.
Why Isn't Wall Street in Jail?
Financial crooks brought down the world's economy — but the feds are doing more to protect them than to prosecute them

February 16, 2011 9:00 AM ET

Illustration by Victor Juhasz
Over drinks at a bar on a dreary, snowy night in Washington this past month, a former Senate investigator laughed as he polished off his beer.
"Everything's fucked up, and nobody goes to jail," he said. "That's your whole story right there. Hell, you don't even have to write the rest of it. Just write that."
I put down my notebook. "Just that?"
"That's right," he said, signaling to the waitress for the check. "Everything's fucked up, and nobody goes to jail. You can end the piece right there."
Nobody goes to jail. This is the mantra of the financial-crisis era, one that saw virtually every major bank and financial company on Wall Street embroiled in obscene criminal scandals that impoverished millions and collectively destroyed hundreds of billions, in fact, trillions of dollars of the world's wealth — and nobody went to jail. Nobody, that is, except Bernie Madoff, a flamboyant and pathological celebrity con artist, whose victims happened to be other rich and famous people.
This article appears in the March 3, 2011 issue of Rolling Stone. The issue is available now on newsstands and will appear in the online archive February 18.

Read more: http://www.rollingstone.com/politics/ne ... z30ycvFVN0
Follow us: @rollingstone on Twitter | RollingStone on Facebook

Matt Taibbi
http://www.rollingstone.com/politics/ne ... l-20110216
thanks dino

mtmynd

Post by mtmynd » May 6th, 2014, 7:17 pm

not sure of the country's history on this, but I'd guess the good ol' Red White and Blue has never been this deep in such a lethargic Congress and a helpless Presidency. It makes it pretty fucking easy for those who have given up on Gov't to piss off their votes and let the extremists continue voting for the complete annihilation of our once important and envied country.

Norway anyone? How about Finland..? Denmark..? gawd help us.

gypsyjoker

Post by gypsyjoker » May 8th, 2014, 4:40 pm

Lethargic :!: :?

Not a word I would use to describe congress, they are a bunch of busy beavers is you ask me, plenty of ambition and good intentions, pardon me while I puke.
no not if I understand the meaning of lethargic but I can see why you might say it, plenty of pundits saying so. google hits for the phrase "lethargic congress"
lethargic congress
About 2,730,000 results (0.42 seconds)
Norway, no I don't think so. If I was a better Jew I guess I would go to Israel. But I am a real live nephew of my uncle sam, just like the German Jew in Katherine Anne Porter's only novel, "Ship of Fools" I am going down with the red white and blue, or I ain't going down at tall

Sometimes I wonder what you know about American history Cecil. Like that time you wrote so glowingly of Wilson's 14 points. :shock: IN the MEAN times the texas school board don't want no part of T.R. or FDR, leave them Jew commie bastards out of the text books, lets name more schools and airports after Ronald Raygunz

am I ranting
so be it
Free Rice
Avatar Courtesy of the Baron de Hirsch Fund

'Blessed is he who was not born, Or he, who having been born, has died. But as for us who live, woe unto us, Because we see the afflictions of Zion, And what has befallen Jerusalem." Pseudepigrapha

mtmynd

Post by mtmynd » May 8th, 2014, 6:39 pm

Sometimes I wonder what you know about American history Cecil. Like that time you wrote so glowingly of Wilson's 14 points. :shock:
are you sure you're not confusing me with another..?
Fourteen Points, The, a set of 14 principles proposed by President Woodrow Wilson as a basis for ending World War I and for keeping the peace thereafter. These principles were set forth by Wilson in an address to the United States Congress on January 8, 1918. Germany welcomed this basis for peace when on the verge of defeat by the Allies some months later. However, only six points were put into effect as Wilson had intended. These were 7, 8, 10, 11, 13, and 14. The 14th point led to establishment of the League of Nations.

(7) Evacuation of German troops from Belgium.
(8) Evacuation and restoration by Germany of French territory, with restoration to France of Alsace-Lorraine.
10) Opportunity of autonomous development for the peoples of Austria-Hungary.
11) Evacuation by the Central Powers of Serbia, Montenegro, and Romania; granting of seaports to Serbia; and international guarantees of the political and economic independence and territorial integrity of the Balkan states.
13) An independent Poland with access to the sea.
14) Establishment of a general association of nations to afford mutual guarantees of political independence and territorial integrity to large and small nations alike.
Unless I'm living with a "lethargic memory" this is news to me, amigo. :roll:

But it's a pretty decent set of proposals, eh?

mtmynd

Post by mtmynd » May 8th, 2014, 6:47 pm

Truck, I rcvd this today in e/mail. Have you been following this? No longer trucking may be a good thing if this stuff passes...

[enuff]

"I...place economy among the first and most important of republican virtues, and public debt as the greatest of the dangers to be feared... Taxation follows that, and in its turn wretchedness and oppression."
--Thomas Jefferson,
Last edited by mtmynd on May 17th, 2014, 9:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Unk

Post by Unk » May 16th, 2014, 11:59 pm

I once failed a psychological profile test for Yellow Freight. I think I should have probably answered no. The question was "People can often feel my power"

I searched around for the article you quoted a few years back by an Egyptian journalist who wanted us to be more like the America of Woodrow WIlson as if that was a good thing. Yes a fine thing those principles, the same principles that Uncle Ho Chi Minh believed in too when he was in Paris trying to talk to Wilson about the fate of French IndoChina as it was called. A stab in the back by Uncle Sam is what he got, and the same god damned thing happened again in 1945, Thomas Jefferson is rolling in his grave

we live in the age of money walks bull shit talks
just you don't you just love it
I walk the streets of Washington DC in 1919,
this is my own my native land
as much as someone can be Irish, a Scotsman,
Italian or Ukrainian
thanks dino

stilltrucking

Post by stilltrucking » March 11th, 2017, 11:25 pm

I rambled all over your thread hope you don't mind one more spontaneous post
shit man don't me started on being human "all too human"