Steve Plonk

Re: Chat Spot

Post by Steve Plonk » August 10th, 2014, 11:35 pm

Thanks for the the congrats. Hey, Whoaisme, it's just basketball. Why can't we
be frenemies? Welcome to studio eight. 8) :lol:

Steve Plonk

Post by Steve Plonk » August 12th, 2014, 5:09 am

Sacred to the memory of Robin WIlliams, actor, comedian, academy award winner. Rest in peace. :cry: :!:

whoaisme

Post by whoaisme » August 12th, 2014, 6:10 pm

Rest In Peace!

I saw this movie in my teens, but especially this scene, didn't hit me until my 20's. Reckon i'll watch this and dead poets society this weekend.

"From the sudden invasion of a mind not my own in the world. This I will record. For whom? For m y s e l f, beyond denial and beyond indifference." - Philip Lamantia

Steve Plonk

Post by Steve Plonk » August 14th, 2014, 1:49 pm

END OF THE LINE: AN ELEGY FOR ROBIN WILLIAMS, Actor.

By Steve Plonk

He took a trip to the end of the line
He told the world that he was not fine
He broke his neck & he cracked his spine
He took a trip to the end of the line

His life was hell in that morbid room
Where he was discovered one afternoon
There should be an inquest to light up the gloom
End of the line....End of the line...
The world found out that he was not fine.

Robin lived a generous life, it's true
He was there for friends feeling blue,
What happened in his mind, that last night?
What happened to cause an unwind
So that he couldn't see the next light?

They say he appeared to die by his hand,
But I didn't see that part of the plan,
He boarded the ship at the end of the line
He took that last trip at the end of the line.

Oh Robin, I know your folks miss you so,
Why is it you took this time to let go?
They said too much, they didn't say enough,
What killed you, must make us tough...

You were a hero to many & fought the good fight,
Where were helping hands on that last night?
You needed to take your own advice,
Before you succeeded on giving your ice...

The ice man came & took you away,
You didn't live to see that next day,
You join some of your friends long passed away,
It's hard to find words to know what to say.

‘Rest in peace’ is the best I can do...
You're a better man than me,
I hope your soul flew...
I hope your soul is rested in a quiet place...
With no more demons giving you chase...

Also submitted, Aug. 14, 2014, to “Please Write a Poem Today” ,Action Poetry, Litkicks.

WIREMAN

Post by WIREMAN » August 15th, 2014, 5:57 pm

nice read nice flow, didnt know him, yet i saw him once at dulles airport, a little guy with a smile and backpack, alone.....we all r gonna go sometime, he made the choice as to when, i have no problem with his exit....
me I feel like I'm becoming some kinda Kung fu t.v. Priest.....

Steve Plonk

Post by Steve Plonk » August 16th, 2014, 1:33 pm

Wireman, thanks for reading & critique. 8)

Arcadia

Post by Arcadia » September 4th, 2014, 10:05 pm

What happened in his mind, that last night?

good question ... who knows what happens in our minds most of the time, and hey!... we are still alive and kicking..! :roll: :lol:

The first film I saw with him as an actor was "Dead poets society", near that my generation saw "The name of the rose", it was a wave of somehow literary films in our early youth. I remember I liked them both very much at that time!. Some people of my age also liked "Mork & Mindy", I found it silly , not really a fan... or I didn´t get it at all...! :P

Then I saw the adrenalinic "Good morning Vietnam", "Patch Adams" and "A night in the museum" and that´s all ... his caracters made me somehow connect with a vulnerable, sensitive, a bit out of fit but still running side...and yeah, he was from the USA! :)

gracias por your poem & ruminations, Steve!

Steve Plonk

Post by Steve Plonk » September 5th, 2014, 1:27 pm

Arcadia, Thanks for reading my elegy on Robin Williams. My favorite movie starring Robin Williams was: "What Dreams May Come"(1998). 8) The movie had mixed reviews, but
was generally well received.

Steve Plonk

Post by Steve Plonk » September 6th, 2014, 11:15 am

Time for a group "brainstorm" before any snowstorms... :)
We sometimes become noted just for being ourselves.
Just a little "verbal vomit" just because: once again, one more time,

"The world is too much with us..." :lol: :)

WIREMAN

Post by WIREMAN » September 6th, 2014, 1:06 pm

hey Steve....what u said about interaction here was totally spot on.....i'll try and show up here at chat more often so as to communicate a little better, like the old days :D

Steve Plonk

Post by Steve Plonk » September 6th, 2014, 4:48 pm

Thanks, Wireman. I was reminded of a song: "Tie a Yellow Ribbon Round the Ole Oak Tree"
when I heard "Little Feat's" "Tattooed Girl", "with the world on her shoulder..." from the
"Rooster Rag" CD (2012)...

Suddenly, I remembered the Korean War, one of my earliest
memories. Every plane coming into "La Guardia" was Dad coming home. My Mom cried once
when I asked if it was Dad coming home. After that, she said, "I miss your Dad,too."
Mom had no physical tattoos only mental ones. The newsreels were especially worrisome...

It was difficult to be a service wife/spouse in those days. :( It's hard on folks with loved ones, Moms & Dads, relatives, bros. & sisters, etc.nowadays. However, outside the military community, there is more of a support system. 8)

We didn't have the internet back then.
We did have bulletin boards, mimeographs, newsreels, & radio, rudimentary TV. TV News only lasted about fifteen minutes. :!: Three main channels... We did listen to shortwave radio broadcasts. Long distance phone calls were expensive...My cousin, once removed,
was a HAM radio operator.

Steve Plonk

Post by Steve Plonk » September 10th, 2014, 11:45 am

My Dad returned from Korea, & began training troops both in stateside & in NATO.
Dad returned intact & was really glad to be back. I believe he had three tours of duty in Korea.
One was during peacetime. He was a very important G-2 logistics officer
during the conflict & afterwards. Dad was also an Army World War 2 veteran, & a master paratrooper who trained "green berets". 8)

The whole family was stationed in Europe for a time. One of my siblings was born in Germany.
My Mom was a tough minded lady, & learned to cope with being a service wife. There were five of us kids...
She also kept the family finances & was a Navy veteran of World War 2. Eventually, both my Mom & Dad became high school teachers after Dad retired from the service. 8)

Anyone else care to share things about their folks? :idea: :)

WIREMAN

Post by WIREMAN » September 14th, 2014, 12:16 pm

hi steve.....just to clarify on the"puke" title in the jam last night.....it wasnt a literal reference :lol: ....it was more like a slang term, kinda like spill your guts with the words or spewing words.....Some folks do the same thing with statements made that have a comic reference or that i mean to b facicious (sp?)....just take my terminologies in a broader sense,
its hard for some, where others like say judih and mingo understand.....jam isnt everyones cuppa tea but for some its a rollick in the patures of word.....its hard on a screen to understand one's tone and facial expression (thats why i use the stupid smilies ugh).... thanks for coming in with some words last night....just remember to not take everything i write at face value, i love for something to have multiple meanings, jam is of serious importance in my writing journey, yet in the context of an event like last night it has to be fun :D hence the title "jam till u puke!"......love this chat spot by the way.

Steve Plonk

Post by Steve Plonk » September 14th, 2014, 10:55 pm

Wireman, I appreciated the jam, but was unable to get to it until the last half hour.
Yeah, I gave a LOL about your remarks in the title. I was being facetious myself, when
I rhymed puke with rebuke. I'm not as quick on the uptake as I used to be. So, I
just let the thing roll. May the good times rolllll! As they say down in New Orleans.

Yes, times are moving quite fast lately. World events are hard to track. I can't imagine
Scotland getting independence from the U. K., nor Catalonia gaining independence from
Spain. ( At one time there was a Quebec separatist movement in Canada, which suprised me. Thank God they remained in Canada.)
Hopefully both Scotland & Catalonia will see advantages on remaining part of a greater whole. :)

Hopefully, the US South or West will not get any ideas like that. We've been through too
much as a country to have it fall apart at the seams again...The situation in Syria & Ukraine
also disturbs me because I've seen so many conflicts in my lifetime. :(

In the meantime, we are in the midst of expressing our own preferences & cares.
Coming across the miles, as we do, it is amazing that we connect. All of us come from
various backgrounds, yet we seem to play off each other & are quite considerate of one
another. I know of few other sites on the Net that have this sort of living room atmosphere.
May we all keep telling our stories, sayings, & poems. 8)

Steve Plonk

Post by Steve Plonk » September 19th, 2014, 12:49 pm

Congratulations, Scotland, for voting to remain in the United Kingdom. Most of the world
thinks the U.K. is better with Scotland part of the whole. Because the whole is better than
the sum of the parts...Let's all sing "Happy Together" in honor of this occasion :!: :D 8)

Return to “Chat Spot”