THE GREAT DIVIDE

What in the world is going on?
sooZen

THE GREAT DIVIDE

Post by sooZen » July 8th, 2016, 12:04 pm

On a personal level as well as noting things happening outside in the world, I am cognizant of all the things that we humans allow to divide us. The labels we give each other are divisive. One wants to be singular, different and unique and DNA proves that but we are also all human...the grand tribe of wo/man. Underneath our colorful skins we are all the same. Our blood is the same blood that courses through all of our bodies and since we tend to be a warrior species (like our relatives, the chimps), we spill that very source of life sometimes totally needlessly. There are outlets that our creative species has devised like the games we play to counter our aggressive tendencies.

I am sometimes totally amazed and flabbergasted that people 'think' everyone on the planet should 'think' exactly as they do and all will be well, hence divisions result. Ain't gonna happen. WE are tribal and everyone finds the tribe they relate to and the songs they want to sing. Sometimes some lone wolf sings alone and walks a different path or stands and leads a different way. If one agrees, they step in that path that has been blazed before them. Whether it be a belief, an understanding or even a quest to fit in...reasons abound for the path we walk through this thing we call life.

Nature, all nature, including us can be and is violent. We come into this world sometimes with a slap to get us breathing and we go out sometimes with a bang. Not always, but often enough to scare us. It is the in-between times that really matter. What did you learn? What are you teaching? What are the reasoning's for what you do? Is it our emotional natures guiding us? Is it our anger or hatreds leading us on? Is it the divisions we see and focus on? Or is it a higher self, our ability to create beauty and show compassion for those that are floundering in a sea of misunderstandings? Or is it helping the downtrodden, because of no fault of their own, who need a hand-up to climb out of a pit of dispair?

What each of us individually, uniquely, chooses to do with the between times of the In Door and the Out Door can be one of darkness or one of shedding light on the path. Like all of life, we may die before those around us are ready to let us go but go we must.

I would ask my readers to be kind, be loving, be a light in the darkness and be courageous. It takes courage to be peaceful, to be happy in the midst of perceived chaos. Strive to be happy. I try every single day, sometimes without success but I keep trying and will as long as I am...
Freedom's just another word...

http://soozen.livejournal.com/

Arcadia

Re: THE GREAT DIVIDE

Post by Arcadia » July 8th, 2016, 6:06 pm

I would ask my readers to be kind, be loving, be a light in the darkness and be courageous. It takes courage to be peaceful, to be happy in the midst of perceived chaos. Strive to be happy. I try every single day, sometimes without success but I keep trying and will as long as I am...

Gracias Soo!!!!! :D

sooZen

Post by sooZen » July 8th, 2016, 7:33 pm

Gracias y tu tambien Arcadia! :D

Arcadia

Post by Arcadia » July 10th, 2016, 12:23 pm

it just dropped from the net today...! :wink:

http://tricycle.org/magazine/brief-teac ... -307248525

sooZen

Post by sooZen » July 10th, 2016, 7:44 pm

:)

stilltrucking

Post by stilltrucking » March 13th, 2017, 12:15 pm

one nation secure under the groove
safe and secure in the grip of the comfort zone
of alternate truths

in the meantime
the ship of state
is going down in a sea
of natural facts

we don't need no stinking EPA
somebody slap me on the ass
take a breath and face the facts jack

just a jam don't mean nothing
enjoyed the read very much
8)

sooZen

Post by sooZen » March 13th, 2017, 2:13 pm

8)

saw

Post by saw » March 26th, 2017, 10:40 pm

civilizations are in trouble when ideology means more than the truth....that is the current divide...lying for so many is perfectly alright if you get the thing you want,,,a means to end...
and it isn't even seen as wrong...

Fear is being manufactured like cars on the conveyor line....war is a business...a very profitable one....the prisons are a business....business we are told trumps everything, and it's easy to see by the decisions being made that people come last....

So, we have some challenges....but I agree, we all need ways to make us smile...ways to calm down...ways to be creative....and above all ways to be kind

I've believed for some time now, we were all here to learn empathy....compassion....that was the human test...we are sorely lagging in that evolution, but many of choose thankfully in finding inner peace, lending a helping hand....I still have hope....I have children, and grandchildren.....I have to be hopeful
If you do not change your direction
you may end up where you are heading

sooZen

Post by sooZen » March 29th, 2017, 10:12 am

...always hopeful is a great place to be.

Return to “Culture, Politics, Philosophy”