so I pushed them all out into the drifts
with my foot and closed the door on them
I love 'em but it sure felt good
to kick them out
they think themselves badasses
and they are in certain situations
but for the most part
they just a bunch of weenies
Doll, you may have found a place of rest but I'm still on the trail.

mtmynd

Re: Bunch of Weenie Cats

Post by mtmynd » January 10th, 2019, 2:10 pm

I trust these are Maine Coons with plenty of fur... or really smart enough to seek shelter from the storm.

A couple of years ago we heard the cries of a kitten somewhere in our local but unable to pin it down. Second day, same little cry but where it came from we ignored. 3rd day and the cries continued until SooZen couldn't handle it any longer and found a kitten in the shrubs. Obviously abandoned by its mother, SooZ reached long and hard to get the little fella and asked me what to do with it... my opinion was feed the poor thing first and we'll talk about it.

All kittens are cute and this scrawny kitten was tooo cute, dammit! Well we have an abandoned aviary out of use for years. Why not let this boney fellow use it..? We did. Got the damn thing checked out by a vet and given shots and a decent start in life, "Bone" is still with us in that aviary grown up and has the finest of fur almost mink-like and an attitude hold-over from his feral mother. Being the chief feeder of Bone, he tolerates me only because I normally will grab him by the neck and hold him close and mutter nothings to him. We are pretty much pals now and he has weathered some tough winter nights when our temps dropped into the teens.... but he has a decent shelter, two actually if he chooses,

I reckon he'll be with us until i pass on or if I get fed up with him and give him to the first taker.

Well, El Mingo, thanks if you got thru this ramble that really has little to do with your honestly written post other than "cats" which I reckon is enough.

mnaz

Post by mnaz » January 10th, 2019, 3:13 pm

Tough love. They'll learn to love the Great Outdoors ...

the mingo

Post by the mingo » January 15th, 2019, 12:50 pm

Thx Cec - appreciate the read - over a year ago I was out on the bike and found a kitten by the side of the road - wasn't even weaned yet - the people who left her there had also left her a foam bowl of milk - I stopped and then tried to ride off but I didn't get a hundred feet down the road before I turned and went back - it was that bowl of milk that pissed me off to the core - they leave a cat couldn't even walk steadily yet and could barely see and then left a bowl of milk as if to ward off the coyotes, owls, minks, hawks - Lord knows I didn't want no cat but that bowl of milk made me Moses in audience before Pharoah - I went back put that tiny cat in the pocket of my coat and biked back home. Called her Gato. When she was old enough the hormones rose and she went out waving her ass for the boys - she bore 5 kittens right at my feet - one we managed to give away but the rest are still here - Gracie, Zuki, Josey, and Tantoo the only male -

I have now one dog and five cats

ah, the writing life

the mingo

Post by the mingo » January 15th, 2019, 12:52 pm

Tough love. They'll learn to love the Great Outdoors ...
O they love it alright, can't get them back in some days - thx for the read and the comment, mnaz - appreciate it

mtmynd

Post by mtmynd » January 16th, 2019, 1:23 pm

the mingo wrote:
January 15th, 2019, 12:50 pm
Thx Cec - appreciate the read - over a year ago I was out on the bike and found a kitten by the side of the road - wasn't even weaned yet - the people who left her there had also left her a foam bowl of milk - I stopped and then tried to ride off but I didn't get a hundred feet down the road before I turned and went back - it was that bowl of milk that pissed me off to the core - they leave a cat couldn't even walk steadily yet and could barely see and then left a bowl of milk as if to ward off the coyotes, owls, minks, hawks - Lord knows I didn't want no cat but that bowl of milk made me Moses in audience before Pharoah - I went back put that tiny cat in the pocket of my coat and biked back home. Called her Gato. When she was old enough the hormones rose and she went out waving her ass for the boys - she bore 5 kittens right at my feet - one we managed to give away but the rest are still here - Gracie, Zuki, Josey, and Tantoo the only male -

I have now one dog and five cats

ah, the writing life
Good to read ya', amigo... and hear your tale of rescue similar to our own. I do believe those rescue animals call us to save their skinny arses,.

Return to “Poetry”