The Growing Heap of Political Rubble

Post your poetry, any style.
mnaz

Re: The Growing Heap of Political Rubble

Post by mnaz » September 14th, 2019, 3:15 am

as long as there's a population of bobbleheads to sell, or tax, or bomb, or feed rubbish to, while the whole lot of 'em whores out and wallows in graft and grand theft of our resources... And please pardon my politics...
Last edited by mnaz on September 15th, 2019, 11:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

mnaz

Post by mnaz » September 15th, 2019, 11:21 pm

Why does anyone still need to point this out?
Wasn't it obvious several election cycles ago?

wylde

Post by wylde » September 16th, 2019, 7:15 am

*looks down, mind-numbed, bent into self-indulgent digital electric ink*

control is absolute. absolution beyond redemption.

*throws back 1 starfish into the radioactive see.
.homesick. but homeless.

mtmynd

Post by mtmynd » September 16th, 2019, 4:49 pm

Ant have a respectable, worthwhile idea for a "new & different" Democracy to replace the worn out same-o-same-o ?

Have we as a population been misled for years as to what the Founding Fathers believed the Nation should be?

Certainly not what is running the country, for sure!

mnaz

Post by mnaz » September 16th, 2019, 7:45 pm

Oh hell yeah. An absolute shitshow. Constitution? What Constitution? Oath of Office? What Oath? Checks and balances? What checks and balances? Utter sellout and corruption! It's arguably at a (staggering) all-time high (especially the Executive Branch-- My God...), but that doesn't mean the trend hasn't been in that direction for quite some time. And it doesn't really show any signs of getting better. These G-D Corporations (and the NRA) OWN our ass. And we're so tribal about our "Left" and "Right" that the FOXes just keep raiding the hen house, I mean, treasury. Soon the "1%" will be the "0.7%," and then "0.5%," as taxes go up for EVERYBODY EXCEPT THEM. We are getting BILKED! ... But this sort of rape can only go on for so long. Greed can, in the end, effectively choke itself out.

Deep breaths. Deep breaths. Forgive my spew. I'm probably exaggerating. Or not.

Speaking of "shitholes" Mr. Prez, do you remember what shitholes the air and waterways were in many of our cities before those dirty, no-good Commie EPA environmentalists got us to clean up our act? (For awhile, at least.) Back in the '50s-'60s you wouldn't DREAM of swimming in Lk. Washington, in my neck of the woods; it was a cesspool. It got cleaned up. Do you remember the thick LA SMOG you'd see on old Dragnet episodes? It got cleaned up-- not perfectly, but significantly. And the whole time these friggin' Corporations were screaming about how many FOURTH VACATION HOMES it was going to cost their CEOs-- oops, I mean, how many JOBS it would cost. EVERY damn time. Thank GOD for the EPA. Except apparently, now we want to throw that all away...

Heyzeus, this RANT of mine should probably be deleted. If I was a better person I'd do just that. I'll think about it. Anyway, it's a lovely afternoon outside. I think I'll go for a walk.

mnaz

Post by mnaz » September 16th, 2019, 8:27 pm

I think I need to turn away from politics on this board. It's not really poetry, after all. (What a weird combo that used to be, back on the LK boards...)

wylde

Post by wylde » September 17th, 2019, 3:22 am

mnaz wrote:
September 16th, 2019, 8:27 pm
I think I need to turn away from politics on this board. It's not really poetry, after all. (What a weird combo that used to be, back on the LK boards...)

unfortunately both intertwined with so many threads of a living experience. and the human condition.
entanglement and disengagement I would deem impossible from a source of beings whom emote.

ecocide. and the lack of humanity, fail to touch all - but the heaving inexorable mass.

Last edited by wylde on October 3rd, 2019, 7:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
.homesick. but homeless.

mnaz

Post by mnaz » September 17th, 2019, 7:00 pm

And, right on cue, our Fearless Blowhard...

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics ... spartandhp

stilltrucking

Post by stilltrucking » October 1st, 2019, 9:44 pm

I have met my enemy and he is me.

for some reason, I am thinking of these lyrics
We didn't start the fire
It was always burning
Since the world's been turning
We didn't start the fire
No we didn't light it
But we tried to fight it
[B.Joel]

saw

Post by saw » October 2nd, 2019, 8:21 am

you know it's one thing for tRump to behave like a mobster given his connections to Roy Cohn, but it's the complacency of the entire Republican party that has been the biggest surprise to me....When a party refuses to do the right thing, to speak up for example concerning putting immigrant children in cages, then it's easy for an average joe to see our democracy is no longer about the rule of law or moral decency , but simply a way to push the agendas of corporate donors....tRump is the most vile creature to ever hold his position and not even a whimper of condemnation from the grand ole party....despite the lies, despite the degradation of our standing with our allies, despite the austere policies than harm human beings all over the world.....the deregulation of corporations alone to do whatever the fuck they want they want to the planet should be a clarion call to all that sit in the House and Senate....but not a peep from one side....partisanship is destroying our way of life....these 2 warring entities in a Hatfield and McCoy feud that leaves out every citizen to the possibility of a better way of life....in the end it's a strategy.....to reward their backers....

Furthermore I believe we all have more in common than not...we all seem to want good healthcare and good schools, a safe place to live with good jobs, a vibrant economy and a affordable higher education.....all this....despite our party affiliation....but, our representatives ( most) spend all their time bickering and distracting us from having these goals realized.....sure we may disagree about Roe v Wade....but in the end we agree or so much more....so we remain stuck in this quagmire of rich school children calling each other names....and the foxes guarding the chicken houses

until we can take money out of the equation, we will continue to spiral downward.....we must understand many of our representatives are millionaires, ....if they made less money, had shittier benefits like a a lot of the country does and we outlawed lobbyists, and limited their influence by law with corporations...only true public servants would run for election....money is the game....and they vote money every time

as far as venting on a poetry site....I think it is healthy from time to time...it shows we are thinkers...have passion....care about our planet and it's working classes...without the workers there is no wealth....it's just that 1% keeps most of it for themselves....
If you do not change your direction
you may end up where you are heading

stilltrucking

Post by stilltrucking » October 2nd, 2019, 8:32 am

The Great White Hope of the Republicans.
Charles Murray, a political scientist affiliated with the American Enterprise Institute and the author of “Coming Apart,” believes that Trump is
a malignant narcissist, which includes as symptoms some of the most unattractive qualities that human beings can have. He also exhibits textbook traits of mental decline that have worsened measurably over the last three years. I find in him no evidence of redeeming traits — no instance of loyalty to a friend in trouble or of unconditional generosity. I despise him and think he is unfit to be president.
Despite that, Murray continued, “it is also quite possible that I will find myself voting for him next year.” The conservative scholar said he approves of many of the things that have happened during the Trump years — especially “the judges he has appointed and the steps to roll back stupid and obstructive regulations. I also think that the nation needs to control its borders and limit low-skill immigration.”
While Joe Biden might be an acceptable choice, in Murray’s view, “a Warren or Sanders presidency would be a disaster for the nation.”
Murray concluded:
So there you have it: I despise the man, worry that he will make terrible foreign policy blunders, but from my perspective policies under Trump are vastly superior to the policies that would be pursued by the leading Democratic candidates. It’s a Hobson’s choice.
https://www.nytimes.com/2019/10/02/opin ... house.html

mnaz

Post by mnaz » October 2nd, 2019, 11:23 am

See, no. Just. No.

wylde

Post by wylde » October 3rd, 2019, 7:28 am

mnaz wrote:
October 2nd, 2019, 11:23 am
See, no. Just. No.

less
is
more
.homesick. but homeless.

saw

Post by saw » October 3rd, 2019, 8:30 am

holy hell......Wow on the Charles Murray comments....the man says without any misinterpretation...he thinks tRump is "unfit to be president"....and he will quite possibly vote for him....thanx for posting this truck...it sums up the GOP....as long as we get most of what we want, we'll take a chance he won't destroy the planet....Wow ....Ayn Rand all the way to obliteration....

this notion that corporations are best suited to police themselves is utter bullshit....without regulations they will poison the air and the water and the food supply

game over

OK...that's it for me in this thread....I'm just going to show the people I care about know how much I love them....

the end... 8)
If you do not change your direction
you may end up where you are heading

stilltrucking

Post by stilltrucking » October 3rd, 2019, 9:53 am

your welcome steve
hell yeah mongolia
me too 8)

Return to “Poetry”