"Reflections from "Bizarro World"

Essays & explorations by Steve Plonk

Moderator: Steve Plonk

Steve Plonk

Re: "Reflections from "Bizarro World"

Post by Steve Plonk » January 12th, 2019, 1:00 pm

Steve Plonk here...I just couldn't be silent during this awful government shutdown.
Both parties, collectively, need to stand up to Trump if they haven't already.
The president has no excuse to hold the paychecks to government workers hostage
because of a petulant tantrum about "the wall". It is both cruel and ludicrous at the same time.
Peoples' lives and livelihoods are at stake. This shutdown needs to end as soon as possible.

As for a so-called "state of emergency"...this thing only exists in Trump's pointy head.
If the president follows through on the above, he will cause more snafus than already exist.
Heck, customs agents and air traffic controllers aren't even being paid now. If that isn't
priority for national security, I don't know what it is. The FBI is also being shortchanged!
I continue to hope and react in order to get our senators to stand up to Trump!

stilltrucking

Post by stilltrucking » January 13th, 2019, 4:11 pm

Bizarro World, a proponderance of the preposterous, an abundance of absurdities.

Me too Steve. Like he has to endanger the country in order to protect it. :(

glad you are back

Steve Plonk

Post by Steve Plonk » January 19th, 2019, 11:14 pm

Trump appears to be creating his own national emergency all by himself! His own cabinet and the Congress need
to stand up to him. I appreciate your well wishes and will post as much as I am able.

Steve Plonk

Post by Steve Plonk » March 18th, 2019, 7:09 pm

Looks like congress tried to stand up to Trump and his "national emergency" at the border. Too bad that they
didn't have enough votes, so far, to override Trump's veto. Congress must continue to stand up to Trump's agenda.

zero_hero

Post by zero_hero » March 23rd, 2019, 11:43 pm

I had a crazy idea the other day. I was thinking about starting a "Draft Hillary" movement for 2020.
Free Rice

"the lesson is... if you want it? keep a copy of it." Doreen Peri

Steve Plonk

Post by Steve Plonk » August 3rd, 2019, 1:40 pm

Sorry, it took so long to answer back. My computer was "on the fritz".
It is doubtful that Hillary would run again...I watched some of the Democratic debates &
find myself undecided, but waiting to see who emerges from the fray.

I think that insurance must be open-ended toward "single payer". I seems that individual states
could have insurance bidding by insurance companies with comprehensive plans.
The lowest equitable bidder could be chosen by each individual state & approved by the feds.
That way, each state would have a single payer, & eventually the federal government would
subsidize each state, respectively. That would be a good compromise. No one has thought of
coverage in quite that way yet. I am hopeful that healthcare plans will change.

Steve Plonk

Post by Steve Plonk » October 15th, 2019, 5:22 pm

Kind folks and gentle people, it is hard to keep up with all of Trump's jam-ups since August.
There is a formal impeachment inquiry... Even Joe Biden has asked for Trump to be inquired upon.
Like I have said before, if emoluments, finances, and various obstructions are looked into: Trump will
even lose support among republicans. Trump has lost allies and influenced enemies. He's the worst
POTUS we have ever had. I can hardly stand the sight of him on T.V. I am currently supporting Joe Biden,
but that may change in the future. Biden appears to have support of working folks and the middle class.
I like Biden's talking points, but wince when I hear his gaffes. Anyhow, Biden appears to be honest and genuine.

stilltrucking

Post by stilltrucking » October 18th, 2019, 12:30 am

Sanity appears next year in Washington
Sanity appears in 2021 we get a different president
Someone more attuned to the lunar cycle.

we need someone with bigger balls
I am voting by gender next year
and it won't be a man unless FDR decides to run again. Or maybe Obama.
Last edited by stilltrucking on October 18th, 2019, 1:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Steve Plonk

Post by Steve Plonk » October 18th, 2019, 12:54 pm

I hope, like yourself, that Trump will not be re-elected and that the republicans will lose control of the Senate. :)

Steve Plonk

Post by Steve Plonk » December 19th, 2019, 2:33 pm

Looks like the House of Representatives has impeached Trump on two counts. Soon, after the new year, the president
will go to the U.S. Senate for trial.

I still think they should've done something with the emoluments clause in the constitution and get the president's tax information. The tax info is going through the courts.

Steve Plonk

Post by Steve Plonk » January 15th, 2020, 11:38 am

It has been duly noted on the internet, and the major networks, that Trump' s DOD took out General Qassem Soleimani, who was an Iranian terrorist from high up in the Iranian hierarchy. Then Iran shot some missiles at a couple of US airbases in Iraq and luckily missed our soldiers, who had vacated the premises. Trump said he ordered the hit and finally briefed congress.

At the same time, Iran shot down an Ukrainian airliner with
Canadians, Ukrainians, and Iranians aboard. For several days, the Iranians denied accidentally shooting down the plane.
Then they finally admitted shooting down the plane and apologized to those involved. The whole world knew that Iran did it and that Iran lied about it.

I don't know what to think about any of this except to say that Iran was behaving typically and so was President Trump. The facts aren't all in yet as to how imminent the situation was when the "drone strike" took out the Iranian general and a fellow iraqi "conspirator". Some call the "take out" an assassination and some call it a "pre-emptive" strike.
At any rate, it seemed like a good thing to the white house. I don't think anyone knows all the repercussions yet.

Steve Plonk

Post by Steve Plonk » January 28th, 2020, 6:39 pm

Apparently, there WERE casualties, around thirty something, who got had head trauma and concussions from the impacts of the rockets. The Pentagon fudged on that info. The president tried to minimize the impact on the troops, but was rebuffed by many people who were angry at his ignorance and disrespect about the troop's injuries.

Steve Plonk

Post by Steve Plonk » February 6th, 2020, 6:00 pm

Moreover, recently, the casualties have risen to around 50 soldiers injured by head trauma and concussions from the
Iranian rocket attacks. The Pentagon has been less than forthcoming on totals injured. However, it takes time to
record injuries of the type the soldiers received, so I will give the Pentagon the benefit of the doubt.

Steve Plonk

Post by Steve Plonk » February 6th, 2020, 6:09 pm

The president gave a bogus state of the union address which was widely panned. Then, a day after, namely yesterday,
the president was acquitted of both of the impeachment charges. Senator Romney of Utah was the only republican
senator who had the guts to vote to convict. All of the Democrats voted to convict. Since the senate is dominated by "sheeple" republicans, the votes to acquit passed. Thus, the American people will have a chance to remove Trump in November.

Hopefully, Trump will not be re-elected. It goes without saying that four more years of Trump will mess things up.
At the moment, I still support Biden to do the job...

Steve Plonk

Post by Steve Plonk » March 9th, 2020, 7:32 pm

Looks Like Joe Biden won quite a few delegates on "Super Tuesday". I hope he continues the trend tomorrow and next week to keep ahead of Bernie Sanders. Today, Biden also got the the the endorsement of former rivals: including Kamala Harris and Cory Booker. We need to beat Trump and pull together to do so in November. If Sanders loses the nomination, I hope his followers will vote for Joe Biden and vice versa. We need a unified party in order to beat Trump. I still think Joe Biden is the man to do the job.

Return to “Life in the Horse Lane”