feel free to choose a topic!

Veronica's musings, photography, poetry & more!

Moderator: Arcadia

Arcadia

Re: feel free to choose a topic!

Post by Arcadia » March 1st, 2020, 8:48 pm

I like the idea of writers as benefactors and also (or maybe because of that) the most silent and at the same time eloquent interlocutores..🙂

Arcadia

Post by Arcadia » March 1st, 2020, 8:50 pm

Yes, they could be contemporaries in different places, I guess

Arcadia

Post by Arcadia » March 1st, 2020, 8:52 pm

And you can also become my soul-literary adoptive father or uncle each time you want, Jack..! 🤣🤣😀😉

Arcadia

Post by Arcadia » March 1st, 2020, 8:59 pm

Last freaky freely coronavirus friendly video Youtube displayed for me: Bill Gates -four years ago- in a TED-X speech under the title: " Are we ready for the next Pandemy?" or something like that... The part where he put emphasis in the need of a work between the Army and Medical personal give me (in this particular context) chills...but maybe it's just me..😁

jackofnightmares

Post by jackofnightmares » March 23rd, 2020, 2:29 pm

Bill Gates gives you chills? :wink:
Fangio chills me

nothing much to do today my 8th day of hunkering down
running out things to do so I straightened up my crib
going through my mail I found that postcard you sent me

Watching a lot of Monty Python because I need to laugh as much as I can. It helps me cope with all the handwringing headlines I have coming at me these days.
everyone in amerika scared sheetless
that is why there are no bullets or toilet paper in the stores
we are headed for a constitutional crisis in November

I hope you are well
I'm a lumberjack and I am okay :lol:
"Skepticism is the chastity of the intellect" Santayana The Idea of Christ in the Gospels

jackofnightmares

Post by jackofnightmares » April 19th, 2020, 9:12 am

The Mind’s Dragons
Very interesting.

I have decided to reprogram my DNA because I am getting bored with normal life:lol:
normal life.PNG
normie.jpg
Image source —Twitch

I hope you are ok
"Skepticism is the chastity of the intellect" Santayana The Idea of Christ in the Gospels

Arcadia

Post by Arcadia » May 30th, 2020, 9:29 pm

"I want to be a lumberjack"... yeah! let´s cut karma trees!! :lol: :lol:
Bill Gates is a nerd so algoritmized already that it´s beyond my understanding... What give me chills is the idea of the army in the streets: maybe because childhoold memories, maybe because I was a nazi or a sonderkomando in previous lives, who knows... :lol: :roll:
Thanks for the Tricycle link, I´ll read it later with more natural light :wink:
John Welwood put his finger on it as early as 2002 when he wrote the following in Toward a Psychology of Awakening (I had that book in my bookshelves and somewhere in my mind too... ).
Good that you are ok!!!, salud!!!!!!!!! :)

Arcadia

Post by Arcadia » December 19th, 2020, 8:08 am

From Bill Gates to Vladimir Putin.... :lol: :lol: :lol:

If education feels somehow a priority again in march it´s quite possible we´ll be in the front lines with russian biotechnology in our veins!, yeahhhh!!!!!!

At least I like the name: it´s not Lou Reed´s satellite but it´s a satellite after all...... :lol: :lol: :wink:

I hope the premise of 1957 of making simple something complicated still works... :roll: .... (I won´t read the rest of the story just in case... :mrgreen: )

https://es.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sputnik_1

"La secuencia real de toma de decisiones en lo que respecta a la forma del Sputnik 1 fue enrevesada. Inicialmente el Académico Mstislav Kéldysh ideó un satélite de 1,5 t en forma de cono, con la capacidad de hacer muchas mediciones físicas en el espacio, pero cuando los soviéticos leyeron que el proyecto estadounidense Vanguard tenía diseñados, y planeados dos satélites, uno pequeño tan sólo para ver si podían poner algo en órbita, los rusos decidieron hacer lo mismo, realizando lo que se traduce como "el satélite más simple", que tenía un centímetro más de diámetro y era bastante más pesado que el Vanguard"

Arcadia

Post by Arcadia » March 7th, 2021, 10:56 am

For now in Argentina is Sputnik V for healthcare personal and some 80 to 90 or more people, Covishield for plus 80 people now and Sinopharm for teachers and security personal... so I guess if we have to thank someone and the remedy is not worst that the malady we have to thank Russia, China, Oxford and Covax :mrgreen: . Last friday I got the first Sinopharm shot in the Galpón 13 (with a community of teachers around fifty) in Rosario... the galpones beside the Parana river were places related with ferrocarriles and port activity that now are used by the local municipalidad for concerts, cultural activities and artesanal markets. So, it was like going to a concert some way... at least the atmosphere was more like that than entering a death camp... :lol: :lol: I already have straight hair, somehow chinese eyes and sometimes I talk in an ininteligible language so I guess I´m not be touched with strange side effects... :lol: :lol:

stilltrucking

Post by stilltrucking » March 8th, 2021, 11:31 am

Glad to hear you got some protection. Argentina in the news last week because of her
I got Dolly Parton's vaccine
My favorite Dolly Parton quote.
You'd be surprised how much it costs to look this cheap!

stilltrucking

Post by stilltrucking » March 15th, 2021, 11:52 am

culture shock
Argentine co-worker in the 70's, I admired his class.
He missed his home while working for the yankee dollar. But he could not go home. He listened to my opinions as if to a naive child. He was not arrogant but smiled sadly at my innocence. 8)

Arcadia

Post by Arcadia » May 8th, 2021, 9:45 pm

ohhh... so you are a moderno now s-t?... :lol: :lol: 8)

I´m already since tuesday with the second shot of monkey liver cells and inactivated Wuhan virus... :mrgreen: On thursday I had a terrible pain in all the muscles and below my front lungs just like I was coughing during a whole month... it started to feel a bit sinister but it´s already gone :wink:

the mingo

Post by the mingo » May 9th, 2021, 5:43 am

Veronica! - Glad it has passed - had my shot too some weeks ago, no aftereffects I was aware of - I'm drinking my coffee fast to stay ahead of how quickly it cools in the cup
Doll, you may have found a place of rest but I'm still on the trail.

Arcadia

Post by Arcadia » May 12th, 2021, 8:25 pm

Hola mingo! I do the same at 9.30 am in the middle of the sort of countryside we call school´s patio... :lol: :lol: good to read you and to know the vaccine didn´t bother you! :D

Arcadia

Post by Arcadia » March 4th, 2022, 5:46 pm

Sad news... (the fist reaction is sadness yeah...😔)see you in the new roads Miguel Grinberg, amigo cósmico de la conversación inspirada y generosa!. Buenos vientos para vos!!💗

Return to “Arcadia's Place”