Zuihitsu

(...)

Moderator: the mingo

the mingo

Re: Zuihitsu

Post by the mingo » March 26th, 2021, 6:20 am

stinky taillights in the rain before dawn - over the hill & down the drain -

e-biking my ass off up here on Tug Hill - 70 degrees yesterday, fuck me dead - dave brubeck on piano -

so far the possums are taking the heaviest hits on the Road Kill Top 40
Doll, you may have found a place of rest but I'm still on the trail.

judih
Site Admin

Post by judih » March 26th, 2021, 7:15 am

Road Kill Top 40 - jackals in first place with some small foxes coming in at number 2.

the mingo

Post by the mingo » March 26th, 2021, 6:27 pm

judih wrote:
March 26th, 2021, 7:15 am
Road Kill Top 40 - jackals in first place with some small foxes coming in at number 2.
coyotes stand-in for jackals up here - not often seen as roadkill - too wary-too fast
but foxes - now and again

sasha

Post by sasha » March 27th, 2021, 6:20 am

mostly chipmunks & squirrels around here - skunks, when they start waking up. Skunks don't seem to be assembled too securely - their remains are apt to be spread over 100 ft of roadway. Woodchucks, occasionally, & later in the year snakes, toads, & turtles, seeking the heat of the pavement. I rescue them when I can, but lose more than I save.....
"Falsehood flies, the Truth comes limping after it." - Jonathan Swift, ca. 1710

the mingo

Post by the mingo » March 28th, 2021, 1:06 am

love is a traffic accident
happening right in front of you
with the sun trying to burn a hole
through overcast skies

1:06 a.m. - full moon

the mingo

Post by the mingo » March 29th, 2021, 12:28 pm

my dookie-dazz is sneezed - I preach to pass - my tongue never hesitant but deadpan all the way - the words crowd me wanting to gleam and taking their lovely sweaters off in case I missed the point. What little demons they are.

I'm 84 % content - the other 16% is partly cloudy with sun - the air is cold. Might be no bike ride today wind out of the northwest and brisk. I like the end of winter but that doesn't mean spring is my favorite season. I like the reverse-spring of autumn much better.

First word of Bible is In - last word is Amen - signed, sealed, delivered - in a world like this one it doesn't get any better than that.

Once an enemy demonstrates he can overrun your position it's over, no matter how many bullets, rifles, or functional men are left. Crazy Horse & his warriors overran Custer's position on that hill above the Little Bighorn once then turned around and overran it a second time in case the General might have missed it. The psychological impact of this on the troopers of the 7th cavalry cannot be overstated. From that point on those yet alive knew even as they breathed they were dead men & alone. No time to write last words home - no time to say Goodbye.

the mingo

Post by the mingo » March 30th, 2021, 6:08 am

I can see the moon through the slats of the blind, she is full & up high and will not set before the sun rises - dead man plays a saxophone with a whole band to back him up, don't make any difference to the moon -

big trucks going by, driving all night, racing the dawn now with deliveries to make and new cargo to pick up - the flow of hot money in cold moonlight where no hero ever goes and papa rolls no stone - early worm gets the bird - o see, can you say? - damn drummer plays the same thing differently each time

and, no matter what, the same moment keeps passing -

the mingo

Post by the mingo » April 6th, 2021, 2:23 am

The moon enters darkness
the dirt is quiet
nation-states have never been sustainable
the tribal has not vanished
dust piles up

the mingo

Post by the mingo » April 8th, 2021, 10:59 pm

long ride today - very long - out all afternoon - came close to draining battery pack - I always carry a spare - on the old railbed peregrine falcon flew across in front of me - the moment my own -

the mingo

Post by the mingo » April 22nd, 2021, 5:00 am

"...all of 'em Zen Lunatics who go about writing poems that happen to appear in their heads for no reason..." ~ Jack Kerouac

I was minding my own business watching this old guy riding his electric bike in the deserts of Arizona then I wrote a poem about my dharma cat and made coffee - go ahead, try explaining to yourself the sequence of events that snaked through all that or why it is snowing outside since yesterday & right fucking now and why no one walking the earth at this moment will ever be a different person even if they tried -

"the next 60 seconds could be like an eternity" ~ Bob Dylan

109 words - 4:53 a.m.

judih
Site Admin

Post by judih » April 22nd, 2021, 6:34 am

and then i cry
triggers on all the buttons
avalanche of tears

sasha

Post by sasha » April 23rd, 2021, 4:37 pm

I hate it when my piss stream bifurcates. No matter how fast I move, I always end up pissing on a leg or the floor before getting both streams to go where they should.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Got my first Fauci yesterday, & my arm's a little sore, but no moreso than on other occasions. I was going to do my usual Earth Day thing (a day late) & collect roadside trash, but blew it off this time. Besides, it's an exercise in futility - it all starts growing back within a day or two anyway. But at least it affords me a fleeting glow of self-righteousness. I wonder what my Trumphole neighbors think about seeing me out there - probably assume I'm an illegal Mexican junkie looking for used needles to get my next fix...

the mingo

Post by the mingo » April 23rd, 2021, 10:35 pm

Bifurcates?

Bifurcates ...

Fuck-me-dead

sasha

Post by sasha » April 24th, 2021, 8:04 am

Sorry, it's a term I've co-opted from chaos theory, for "splitting in two" - but not as a piece of firewood, more like a continuous process suddenly toggling from doing one thing to doing two things at once. There's a beautiful demonstration of this on one of my favoritest YT channels that captures the essence of the term and the mysterious beauty of mathematics: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ETrYE4M ... umberphile. The word makes its entry at about the 10:25 mark, and it's well-worth slogging through the arithmetic with him to get there. Prepare to have your mind blown.

the mingo

Post by the mingo » April 25th, 2021, 2:51 am

The Rolling stones blew my nose
the Doors blew my mind

Return to “Mingo's Lingo”